It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberty Dollar maker, three others, arrested by feds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
OK, in the Feds defense, it is very very scary that in an environment where competition is outlawed, you can print free money without proving any reserves to back it up, you control the world's largest Federal government and most of the world's monetary reserves..............

and then one day you find out that someone has the audacity to come up with an alternative, backed by gold and silver, inflation proof, and people actually want to buy, sell, and use it!

Poor poor Fed, what a scary and enlightening situation. People don't want monoply money any more. Better sick the dogs on those wascally fiscally responsible entrepreneurs, they could ruin everything with their common sense!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It's about like arresting the guys that invented a computer scanner because it can scan and reproduce money. It's the folks using it as legal tender that are at fault here assuming they are.

Wouldn't this also make coupons illegal? It's not legal tender but is traded in to a store who then sells the coupon back to the company who made it so to speak.

As a child I collected coupons in order to sell them back to the company until I realized you only sell them back for fractions of a cent. So I didn't go through with it (Thanks heavens lol). I was around 5 or 6 then and mistook the coupons for legal tender so how is this any different from a coupon other than the fact the coupon is not backed by gold or silver just the repayment of the coupon?

<< 1   >>

join