It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think I Was Really Close!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Last night while trying (attempting, my allergies was keeping me from sleeping) to sleep, I decided to practice OBE's. So I did. I was very successfull. I was able to last longer than usual I guess because I was being kept awake by my allergies and also because I was half exhausted from my allergies/sleep. I am usually able to keep it up for about half an hour to forty five minutes until I need to stretch or until I get distracted by other noises. But, since this was around 9:30 or so, my mom was asleep and my dad was watching t.v. with the volume on low. I lasted about an hour and a half, or so it seemed (I didn't keep track). I did not experience any vibrations, but I did experience the usuall tingling in the arms/legs. I got to the point near the end wear it felt like my legs and arms were actually trying to lift up unlike that other time were I said they were trying to 'push out'. I thought this was it, I thought I would finally accomplish what I've been practicing for the past year almost. But, unfortunately I had to get a tissue because my nose started running, and that got me distracted.
Oh yeah, I also tried a new technique this time. I tried focusing on the Eiffell (sp?) Tower, but that didn't really last long, although it helped some.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I use to practise it too. A few times I went out of my body about a foot or so, maybe more. I knew I was out when I heard a musical or bell-like sound. It was cool to see my hand in the dark separate from my physical hand. The feelings of the body coming out of the body is the WIERDEST thing isn't it? For me, it always felt like my form was twisting, and turning like a cloud and finding it's form back into the form that my body had, but now outside of it.
I use to feel the wierdest feeling at my feet and my arms first. Like my legs hahaha, feet were on backwards and trying to twist into the right fit.

But then I started smoking cigarrettes. And drinking. And they say that it gets harder to do that stuff since your body might bleed from the astral form. I don't know. I heard that it's best to be a vegetarian, and not smoke or drink alcohol. And to excersize gently and regularly so that your energies flow nicely.

Gosh. Since I read this post, I feel like going back in to practising it myself. I really enjoyed it. Just the thought that I could go to any part of the world and discover it and be back home in seconds haha, tha's what kept ME going!

So how are you doing with it? Do you smoke cigarrettes? Are you a vegetarian?

You know what, I remember how I use to want to get out of my body so much that I stressed myself too much for too long, that I couldn't sleep the rest of the night. And it's painful too on the body to push it too hard. They say it's natural. That when we were kids, we did it without thinking. So what happened along the way? Why does it feel like ice burning the flesh because you have to push so hard and focus so much to get the astral out of the physical body? Hm. Maybe I started smoking too many cigarrettes. Or maybe something else.

Let me know of your progress. If you get out. Give me a U2U.

Good Luck!

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Some of my dreams are either really good or OBEs.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamaraMorgueAnn
IAnd they say that it gets harder to do that stuff since your body might bleed from the astral form. I don't know. I heard that it's best to be a vegetarian, and not smoke or drink alcohol. And to excersize gently and regularly so that your energies flow nicely.

You both disgust me, only because I am extremely jealous. My 60 year old dad, who drinks and smokes occassionally and is your typical meat and taters kind of guy, has been doing this since he was a kid. I meditate daily, just for personal reflection and have always wanted to experience OBEs, but it never happens. Congratulations to you both on your success.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I have gotten really close myself, a lot farther than a tingly sensation. I got to very intense vibrations where I thought I was going to implode! It was creepy, thats what made me stop, thats only happened two times though, and now im definitely ready. I am trying to see if anyone out there could help pull me out so I could astral with someone. U2 me if you can help me.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
My 60 year old dad, who drinks and smokes occassionally and is your typical meat and taters kind of guy, has been doing this since he was a kid. I meditate daily, just for personal reflection and have always wanted to experience OBEs, but it never happens. Congratulations to you both on your success.

I was wondering about that last night. And HEY! If that's the case I'm getting RIGHT BACK into the stuff!
In other words, it's NOT what you EAT, or DRINK, or how you exercise or don't! It's about having a belief and then doing it. I guess it is natural altogether. Since when we die physically we're going to be there anyhow...hahaa, whether we smoke, drink or eat! Thanks for your input Bleys.

Oh ya, and Catalyst...it's a good thing to practise this kind of thing. I read in a book, ever heard of "Seth"? A spirit who talks through a lady, and her male friend writes his words down. Turns his teachings into books. (Jane Roberts) Well Seth says that it is a better to practise out-of-body-experience and get used to doing it. So that when you die, it'll be easier for you. You'll already be used to what's going on! I thought I'd just mention that.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This Out Of Body Experience sounds interesting, i would like to know how it is done, any tips?

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
My 60 year old dad, who drinks and smokes occassionally and is your typical meat and taters kind of guy, has been doing this since he was a kid. I meditate daily, just for personal reflection and have always wanted to experience OBEs, but it never happens. Congratulations to you both on your success.

I was wondering about that last night. And HEY! If that's the case I'm getting RIGHT BACK into the stuff!
In other words, it's NOT what you EAT, or DRINK, or how you exercise or don't! It's about having a belief and then doing it. I guess it is natural altogether. Since when we die physically we're going to be there anyhow...hahaa, whether we smoke, drink or eat! Thanks for your input Bleys.

Oh ya, and Catalyst...it's a good thing to practise this kind of thing. I read in a book, ever heard of "Seth"? A spirit who talks through a lady, and her male friend writes his words down. Turns his teachings into books. (Jane Roberts) Well Seth says that it is a better to practise out-of-body-experience and get used to doing it. So that when you die, it'll be easier for you. You'll already be used to what's going on! I thought I'd just mention that.

Yes, in fact I have heard of Seth. Interesting story.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I am also jealous... I have been trying to do an OBE for about 2 years now. I once got a very big vibration and keep thinking that I am almost there and my heart was pumping so fast. But, by focusing on the exciteent, it actually stopped. Since then, nothing.... that was about 6 months ago. I ahve read a few books on the subject and read about it and practice it. i guess some are naturally geared toward this.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
wow wish i could have an OBE... ...oo and wot picture is that of?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom_88

That my dear is Gottfried Helnwein. Artist. You may remember that Marilyn Manson works with him now.

www.helnwein.com...

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JCMinJapan
I am also jealous... I have been trying to do an OBE for about 2 years now. I once got a very big vibration and keep thinking that I am almost there and my heart was pumping so fast. But, by focusing on the exciteent, it actually stopped. Since then, nothing.... that was about 6 months ago. I ahve read a few books on the subject and read about it and practice it. i guess some are naturally geared toward this.

I've had the same as you, it's very fustrating! the only time I've ever succeeded came from having sleep paralysis for several nights running - at first it was scary, then after a few nights i got used to the feeling. Once the fear was out of the way, I realised that my body had never felt so relaxed, and the persistent, nagging thoughts that blighted my contrived attempts at an obe were gone...and hey presto.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom_88

That my dear is Gottfried Helnwein. Artist. You may remember that Marilyn Manson works with him now.

www.helnwein.com...

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

How is the picture relevant to this thread?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I will just have to keep trying. Do those subliminal tapes help anyone? It have tried them while concentrating, but do not seem to do anything to me, except distract me. If there are some good ones, please let me know.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

It's scary to do out-of-body experience where I'm concerned and that's how I've percieved it ever since I saw some strange characters out in the astral world.

Somebody asked me where I got the picture from, and I told them. But I only meant for that picture to be there. Just a feeling kind of thing for me.

If it bothers you, just U2U me, and I'll edit the post.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

It's scary to do out-of-body experience where I'm concerned and that's how I've percieved it ever since I saw some strange characters out in the astral world.

Somebody asked me where I got the picture from, and I told them. But I only meant for that picture to be there. Just a feeling kind of thing for me.

If it bothers you, just U2U me, and I'll edit the post.

It doesn't bother me at all, I was just curious as to how it is relevant to this thread.

new topics

top topics

join