It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial hatred runs African American family out of dream home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
This wouldn't have even gotten one iota of attention if it was a white family moving into the ghetto and they were beaten up and jumped for being white. Which happens to white people ALL OF THE TIME. But who cares...they're white.

i live in one of the "worst" parts of oakland in california and i have never seen anyone get beaten up for being white and its never happened to me and im white too and ive lived here my entire life sure ive got into fights but it wasnt cause of my skin color matter of fact most my friends are black. the only people that get messed with here are the white people that think they are all thug and gangster and stuff like that. and even tho its a crappy place i live in all my neighbors are actually really nice people and we all get along and look out for eachother... etc. Also I havent heard of much white people who want to move to the ghetto so i have no idea what white people you're talking about that move to ghettos "all the time" lol. ive lived here my whole life and theres probably only like 3 other white families in the whole area.
im just simply saying this kind of stuff does happen to black people or people of color way more then whites.

in case anyone is wondering why i'd choose to live here its because its cheap as hell and easy to live here.. and it actually isnt that "scary" like people make out these types of places to be... plus all my friends are here so thats why i stay.

and yes this article is REPULSIVE! I cannot stand racism in any way, shape or form.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by jouseroni]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm afraid that it has been a long recognized and long unreported fact that many members of the Latino community have extreme racism towards blacks.

Take the situation in our jails with black and latino gangs in open and violent conflict.

It's surprising how effectively white racism has been eliminated, that's real power and population control for you, unfortunately the powers-that-be couldn't bring themselves to address the same issue with minority based racism.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
I'm afraid that it has been a long recognized and long unreported fact that many members of the Latino community have extreme racism towards blacks.

Take the situation in our jails with black and latino gangs in open and violent conflict.

It's surprising how effectively white racism has been eliminated, that's real power and population control for you, unfortunately the powers-that-be couldn't bring themselves to address the same issue with minority based racism.

Yeah I have noticed latino people tend to be really racist towards blacks... i dont really know what the racism stems from though it doesnt make sense to me... of coruse no racism makes sense to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jouseroni

Mexico is a caste society much like India. Black people are at the bottom. Red headed and blond people of Spanish descent are at the top. It is easier to marry European royales than it is to marry someone at the top of the Mexican caste system. Fresh from Mexico Hispanics resent white people as oppressors and veiw black people as inferiors. This sort of brainwashing takes years to overcome.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X1
thats disgusting... some people are absolutely barbaric. Not that i like the trend of most people to be overly nice to african americans simply for their past, but genuine goodness towords people isnt hard... it feels good in fact

Give me a break!
No one in America is overly nice to black Americans! I can't even get served at most restaurants where I live. We need to switch places man, most definitely.

You're the ultimate in clueless.

(note to mods: we need an minimum age restriction here quick!! This is no place for little kiddies to play.)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

Originally posted by Kevin_X1
thats disgusting... some people are absolutely barbaric. Not that i like the trend of most people to be overly nice to african americans simply for their past, but genuine goodness towords people isnt hard... it feels good in fact

Give me a break!
No one in America is overly nice to black Americans! I can't even get served at most restaurants where I live. We need to switch places man, most definitely.

You're the ultimate in clueless.

(note to mods: we need an minimum age restriction here quick!! This is no place for little kiddies to play.)

Im as white as they come (Irish) and I can't get served anywhere either.

Think beyond your race......our society just SUCKS!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Ah white guilt strikes again.

Why not move to a less racist country? How bout Canada?

They have a non white head of state right?

Oops, no wait, thats us, the racist United States.

Why don't you whine about the whites who were enslaved too?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Oh wow!

If there was a thread for every racial hate crime involving black people, we would need a whole other board; its own little section.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

Originally posted by kiwifoot
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

You're missing the point!

it doesn't matter if it's WHITE on BLACK, BLACK on BROWN, WHITE on ASIAN, BROWN on BLOODY GREEN!!!

The point is COLOUR (COLOR) has no significance in how we should treat each other!

So because whites are being beaten up by blacks this story shouldn't be told??

It's wrong that white people get targeted for being white, but this family sure as hell didn't do it, and their kids didn't!

Why did you assume that only blacks chase white people out of ghettos? Black people are not the only people who live in ghettos.

No, other races live in ghettos too, but let's be real here, ghettos are over 85% black, there is no going around that one. As a hispanic man living in the not so good parts of this country, blacks do harrass white people that even come near the ghetto more so than anyone. You might not like that sad but true fact, but that's just how it is.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
Notice it was done by a group of Latinos and NOT whites.....
OMG, other people hate too!!!!

Oh yes it is Latinos. This has been going on in the Los Angeles area for some time. I've seen reports in the past where Latino gang members have ran black people and families out of their neighborhoods. See the Latinos are becoming the majority in Los Angeles.

The Latinos having been moving into neighborhoods that have once been majority African Americans. Latinos in Los Angeles have sheer numbers on their side. Some politicians and police officers believe the relations between African Americans and Latinos could one day lead to a race war because tensions are so high between the two groups.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

The reason we have not gotten past such stupidity is that the Statist have kept us divided into camps – left against right, poor against better off, Christian against non; divisive political rhetoric is the only way progressives stay in power. This breeds a continued ‘us against them’ attitude throughout society.

A case in point is the President’s current nomination to the Supreme Court who said that a Latina woman Judge, with her back ground, would make better judgments on the law than a white Judge. Such a blatant racist’s comment would have finished the carrier of a white Judge had it been reversed. When weak excuses were made to cover her racist circumvention of the legislative branch by legislating out of ‘empathy’ by legal decision, even they were proved to be wrong as she made exactly the same comment numerous times over several years.

The point being that justice is blind and our laws apply to EVERYONE equally, and until that standard is enforced for everyone regardless social economic and racial back ground we will have division. It is for this reason that we must stand to return our government to its pre Sixteenth Amendment condition. America is about equal opportunity to succeed by your own effort, or fail by a lack thereof; it was never about equal outcome through taking from one to give to another.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
They should call Obama.
Let the Messiah save them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join