It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia accuses Poland of starting Second World War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Excellent posts Dermo!

You really do give valuable insight into a bit of history that seems to have been swept under the war.

The Danzig Slaughterfest is often omitted from the History books...

It was a Cassus belli - no doubt about it.

(slaughterfest: my own term)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
OK. I see a link to a right wing pro-Nazi site, quoting a book by a guy who was an SS Officer called Edwin Erich Dwinger.

The Invasion of Poland started on the 1st September 1939. So the events listed happened two days after the start of the war.

Digging a bit deeper, I fould this;

Bloody Sunday 1939

Which again sets the date as after the start of the German Invasion.

Gas chambers? Can't find a reference to them anywhere. I'm seeing a civilian reaction to the invasion of a country, not a provocative action.

I think this is plain old Nazi propaganda.

Anyway, could someone explain to me how something that happened two days after the start of the war, started the war?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I would like to point out that 'Uncle Joe' slaughtered 20 million 'Kulacks' that is, anyone who owned a cow or plot of land, those living in the Communist sphere] and of course, katyn wood.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
..don't mention the war

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I would suggest that this has little to do with history and more to do with current events and the desire of Russia to impose its will on satellite states. Read between the lines and you have the suggestion that it would be foolish to ignore Russian interventions and requests.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Poland was not Communist. Poland was anti-Communist. Actually Polish troops stopped nDvk???? Jews
from getting all of Europe in 1920s. There was no Communist party n Poland before Nazi Germany and Soviet Union cut the country in half.
For your information, Hitler had to stage an attacks by "Polish" troops. With one casualty (probably Polish nationalist captured earlier). This he used to invade Poland. Don't you think that 58000 Germans massacred by nDvk Jews (sorry can't stop laughing) would be a better reason??? I wonder why Hitler never mentioned it.
This is what he said on 1st of September to justify his ultimatum to Poland:
www.fcit.usf.edu...
He never mentioned what you qouted. Probably because modern Nazi apologists have even less integrity then Hitler had.
Simply compare armies of two states, read Molotof-Ribbentrop pact and then no need for "history written for winners" doubt will remain. Or you seriously think that Hitler protected German nationalists in Norway, Denmark ,Belgium,Luxemburg, Holland too?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

You are quoting something that says "Polish Bolsheviks"... it sounds similarly to "Jewish SS" or "American Gestapo".

You should pick your sources of information a bit more carefuly

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The article is pretty much a load of crap and does not reflect the official position of the Russian government.

That being said, one could still argue that Poland's actions prior to WWII partly contributed to the way the war unfolded, mostly because they were used as a justification for Germany to invade Poland. But then Poland had absolutely nothing to do with Germany's invasion of other European countries.

Why are some Russian historians trying to paint Poland in a negative light now? Because they see it as a payback for recent efforts to rewrite history by Eastern European countries. The Baltics for example now have an official position that Nazi Germany liberated them while Soviet Union invaded them. And Russia and Poland have been throwing feces at each other ever since the demise of the USSR (and before that even). The antagonism between the two actually stretches back centuries.

So this claim of Poland starting WWII should not be taken seriously.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by Dermo
Its well documented that the Poles gassed approx 60,000 Germans in a concentration camp before Hitler created the Reichstag false flag and invaded them .
[edit on 5/6/09 by Dermo]

Well documented? Show us some links to reliable sources please.

I would like to check the accuracy of that.

I'll second what you are saying. Show me the proof that 60,000 Germans where gassed by the Poles. I have never of that anywhere and I don't consider myself a simpleton when it comes to World War II history.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Its actually true.. kind of.

Its well documented that the Poles gassed approx 60,000 Germans in a concentration camp before Hitler created the Reichstag false flag and invaded them .. noone ever really brings it up though because its "taboo, anti democratic, anti capitalism and anti sematic" to question the "facts" that the west has put forward to do with Nazi Germany.

Europe was one f*@ked up place back then.. eugenics, ethnic cleansing, anti semitism.. basically tribal warfare between superpowers. Insanity IMO. 120 million odd people dead in the space of 30 odd years speaks for itself really.

Looking at it from a different perspective, you have to admit that if another country killed 60,000 of your countrymen, you would react.. I mean, the US lost 4000 odd in a terrorist attack and invaded half the middle east.. and the body count there is pretty disgraceful as well.

With the Nazi's, everyone immediately thinks Hitler was just an evil megalomaniac while there was an awful awful awful lot more to the story than that but its never brought up because the winners write History.

[edit on 5/6/09 by Dermo]

And where did you hear this? This is the first time I have ever heard of such nonsense. And did you read your source? The "murders" occurred AFTER the invasion of Poland. And I dont see any mention of gas or concentration camps.

Also you have to know something about Poland's history. Prior to WWI, Poland was in pieces occupied by Russia, Germany, and Austria-Hungary. It didnt even exist. For 123 years Poland was on no maps. They came into being after WWI, and now less than 30 years later, you have Germany next door re-arming itself with preparations to go into Poland for more liebenstrasse. Hitler not only hated Pols but the Russians. Do you know who were the first to go into concentration camps in Poland? Polish citizens. Not even Jews, but Poles!

And would you like it if you had another nations citizens moving into your country and turning it into a part of their own nation? Especially just AFTER you received independence from that nation? Poland had been cra**ed on for centuries by its "neighbors". Of course they are going to be PO'd. But to accuse Poland of such crimes is very very insulting. Once war broke out BY the Germans, of course you are going to have a lot of pent up rage, especially when you have enemy soldiers bombing your cities and strafing women and children. Atrocities agianst the enemy and German citizens was bound to happen. But the atrocities committed by the Germans was downright ghastly. And the Germans were looking for ANY excuse to invade Poland. Which is why they staged the "Polish commando" raid on a German radio station. The Germans were planning to invade Poland for years. all they needed was to make up a lie good enough to invade. Poland did not have a military as modernized as Germany.

And as for the Russians, the Poles have deep anger at them for their crimes against Poland. Everything from the Invasion of Poland to the Katyn Massacre (and the cover up), to the atrocities committed by Russian troops, to the destruction of Poland's elites in the intelligence, national, and private groups. also lets not forget the soviet occupation of Poland post-war.

Then again, there were also many lies contrived by all sides. Russians lied about the Katyn Massacre and blamed it on Nazis. Nazis lied about the cause of invasion.. Jews even lied about alleged atrocities committed by Poles in Poland. Sadly, there was a lot of this disinfo and misinfo during and after the war. In the end, a lot of people died or go screwed over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join