It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN: New uranium traces found in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Mod's if this is in the wrong place please move.

The UN nuclear agency reported on Friday that its inspectors found new traces of man-made uranium at a site in Syria.

While the particles were found at a nuclear site, the International Atomic Energy Agency said that their composition did not match the kind of uranium associated with the location.

A separate IAEA report stated that Iran was continuing to expand uranium enrichment, despite three sets of prohibitive UN Security Council sanctions.

A senior official associated with the agency said Friday the IAEA was being stymied in trying to investigate the two countries' nuclear programs.

That is the whole article, but here is the link

I'd say this is a pretty interesting development. This is definitely going to put even more strain on the US - Israel relationship.

It also sounds like there is somebody selling nuclear material on the black market. The IAEA is an organization that I'm not sure about, it seems they have a habit of issuing conflicting reports.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I've always found the IAEA findings to be fairly conservative and accurate.And Syria may have been caught playing with nuclear materials yet again.Remember the Israeli airstrike??

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

Yea, that was what back in 2006 right, that started that whole thing with Lebanon? Or I'm I thinking of something different?

I just don't see this as being good news, it seems all these rouge countries are starting to play with nuclear materials and that isn't a good thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
WEEEEEEEE! Lets invade Syria!!!111

Seriously though, Obama will just go talk to them and most likely get made a fool of.

Scary stuff to see another nation that hates up having any type of nuclear capabilities.

new topics

top topics

join