It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer: Arkansas Military Center Shooting Suspect 'Tortured' by Islamic Terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Lawyer: Arkansas Military Center Shooting Suspect

www.foxnews.com

CONWAY, Ark. — The man accused of killing a soldier outside a recruiting center begged for FBI agents to free him from a Yemeni jail where he was "tortured" and "radicalized" by Islamic terrorists, his lawyer told The Associated Press on Thursday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-6-2009 by jd140]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Okay this is why he pleaded not guilty. He plans on using torture as his excuse for what he did. Apparently he went to Yemen for volunteer work and his Visa expired and he was arrested.

We torture someone and they become US hating terroists. The terroists tortures someone and they become US hating terroists.

Either way the US is at fault I guess.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Ummmm,Ummmmm no circular logic there, is there? I can't wait to read this lawyers opening statement to see how he is going to use it as grounds for a defense!!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by jd140

Ummmm,Ummmmm no circular logic there, is there? I can't wait to read this lawyers opening statement to see how he is going to use it as grounds for a defense!!

Zindo

Yeah that will be very interesting to hear. I hope they decide to play this trial out on court tv. It will the first time I watch it.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It takes years to radicalize someone.

He was in that jail what, 12 weeks.

It's not like this diseased individual was mentally retarded either (the usual defence, along with abuse during childhood) - he was studying for a degree when he took off to the Yemen.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
It takes years to radicalize someone.

He was in that jail what, 12 weeks.

It's not like this diseased individual was mentally retarded either (the usual defence, along with abuse during childhood) - he was studying for a degree when he took off to the Yemen.

I guess we will have to see how the defense decides to spin it. With the way torture is looked at now it really does seem like a good defense.

I find it hard to believe that the "I was tortured into thinking the US is the enemy" defense will get him an innocent verdict, but it all depends on the jury I guess.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You might be surprised how the effects of certain forms of tourture can radically effect someone - even to the point that they experience flashbacks and uncontrollable reactions counter to their heart and soul.

The mind is more fragile than we would like admit.

I live in the area, and I really think this poor kid was triggered by something outside his control - he acted before he could stop himself.

Let's hope there is no more need for further deaths.

It might take a while to undo the "programming" he experienced.

I hope he gets the treatment he needs and a second chance.

Poor kid.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

"Poor kid"

Are you serious? Those kids he shot are the poor kids. This guy will live and those kids he shot won't.

Statements like this is the reason the "I was tortured" defense is such a great defense. First he says that he did it because of the war against muslims and now he says he did it because he was tortured by them. I guess he was deprogrammed within the last week.

This is nothing more then a defense to catch the bleeding hearts like yourself that might be on the jury.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The Major has been inundated by the MSM with the braying mantra of U.S torture makes Muslims want to kill U.S soldiers. Now the Major is expected to believe that Muslim torture of a Muslim makes one want to kill U.S. soldiers as well. The dichotomous nature of defense's pretense has given the Major pause, and a suitable adjudication for the defendant. Free him immediately and provide him with a suitable monetary award.

Thirty pieces of silver should do.

Dismissed.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
As the Twinkie defense has already been used i guess this is the murder's get out of jail free card.I dont think that boat will float in a U.S.court tho...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I hope he gets off just as a middle finger to the idiots who started this whole "terrorist" hysteria. Line 2

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES

I live in the area, and I really think this poor kid was triggered by something outside his control - he acted before he could stop himself.

Let's hope there is no more need for further deaths.

It might take a while to undo the "programming" he experienced.

I hope he gets the treatment he needs and a second chance.

Poor kid.

I shudder when I read posts like yours, knowing that there are people out there who think as you do.

The only solid facts you have right now are that this piece of scum murdered one young soldier and tried to murder a second, and yet you refer to him as "that poor kid" with no mention of the innocents he murdered.

Truly sickening.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If lawyers are already in 'spin' mode using the media as a vehicle for their defense, you can be certain that we are not hearing the whole story.

That's the whole point of engaging the media on these kinds of issues... to obfuscate reality with perception.

It's all about blaming someone other than the person who pulled the trigger.

Let's hope this doesn't become a political debate. It would be a giant step backwards.

new topics

top topics

join