It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 teens charged as adults in locker room sexual assault case

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
sick..

a co worker of mine sons were charged for something very simular to this..It was there way of hazing someone..disgusting..

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
For a start, the headmaster and every teacher at that school should be demoted and transferred, and a whole new staff chosen from teachers with proven good records.

There is no excuse for such lax supervision that this was not known of or was allowed to continue. It has obviously been a long-standing aspect of an extremely sick subculture.

I suspect the other students, if it's true that none reported it, knew that if they were caught dobbing they'd have it done to them.

I'd agree with the flogging if anyone could prove to me that it works to change a person's behaviour.
And if it was proved they could not be changed I'd approve of sending them to an animal shelter to get put down with the strays.

As things are, with humans not knowing anything more about changing behaviour than our cave-man ancestors did, - and probably less even, it's a puzzle just what should be done with teenage monsters like this.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't believe that this went on for two months and not one teacher was aware of what was going on

The entire school staff should be throughly investigated and any staff member that was aware of this situation and did nothing should be fired and never allowed to work with children in any situation again.

How is it possible that not one single coach was aware of the fact that something was wrong, they are always around the gym and locker room ?

I hope those boys receive the maxium sentence for each charge they are convicted of. They need to spend the rest of their lives locked away from the rest of society, you can't rehabilitate peope like that.

Defense attorneys told the judge their clients were good students and had never been in trouble before. Attorney Tim Taylor, representing Randall Moye, said his client's family is among the finest in the community.

In other words his client's family is one of the wealthiest families in the community and he should be given special treatment because of it.

Taylor presented six character witnesses, including his client's mother, Jeanne Myers, who said her son wants to attend college. The prosecutor asked her about her son's written statement about the attacks. Myers said her son described clowning around in the locker room with a hockey stick. She added that he told her about holding down the victim for a few seconds.

And there you have it, just look at the mother's reaction to what her son did, she refers to it as "clowning around". I bet she wouldn't be saying it was just "clowning around if it had been her son that was attacked like that.

The judge set bond for each defendant at $15,000, with ankle monitors for all but one, who has left the area

Why have they allowed one of them to leave the area, and why aren't they bringing him back ?

Edit because i forgot to post the link to the article that i quoted...

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 6/5/2009 by chise61]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I am all for looking into the gym teacher first. It has sadly been my personal experience that when something of this sort occurs, that it was overtly sanctioned by the gym teacher. In my case, it was because I was fat and uncoordinated.

I am not for these kids being turned into the general population of an adult prison. Regardless of the perverse nature of the crime, they are still kids. Find out who put them up to this or enabled it and put THEM in an adult prison. Put the kids in juvenile lockup.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm not sure the right answer is to put the 4 kids in jail for the rest of their lives. All that does is make me pay for 4 more life losers from my taxes. What does that teach them? An even better question is, what does that teach society?

Society, in my opinion, doesn't see jail as a real threat. It's too conceptual. People go to jail all the time and come out all the time and nothing changes. Celebs go to jail for guns, dog-fighting, tax-evasion, insider trading and it's just brushed off. Most come out with more fame than ever.

Now, you take these 4 kids and publicly flog them and tell all the watchers that that is what happens to people who shove hockey sticks in other kids, you might actually promote a little prevention.

How many Martha Stuart types are going to inside trade if they see the real Martha get flogged?

Let the crime fit the punishment.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
what the [snip] is wrong with you people? it's a horrible crime but you don't kill them. you discipline them and rehabilitate them.

What are you people from the [snip] 15th century or something? get your [snip]. you're advocating vigalante action and murder? c'mon.

Mod Edit -

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
I'm not sure the right answer is to put the 4 kids in jail for the rest of their lives. All that does is make me pay for 4 more life losers from my taxes. What does that teach them? An even better question is, what does that teach society?

Then perhaps we should make video available of what's happening to them in jail in order to teach society something about it.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Take it from a former Correctional Officer...

-Prison rape isnt as commonplace as you think

-There is such a thing as classifications in prison. Most likely these boys will be placed in admin seg or in minimum security housing. Putting these kids into general pop would open the facility up for cruel and unusual punishment cases.

And there is no such thing as rehabilitation in prison... once an animal always an animal.

"Maybe this isnt such a good idea" never crossed their minds while they were torturing this victim, what makes you think that once they spend time with other criminals they will have a better sense of right and wrong?

Send em to prison and let em stay there...Prison was originally intended to separate people that couldnt abide by society's rules, not to give them food, heat and an education...

[edit on 5-6-2009 by BingeBob]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

But my point was that jail is a waste of time and an even bigger waste of money.

Flogging (which is not lethal in usuall circumstances) is cheap. The boys are severely flogged publicly...a warning is issued to potential offenders...they pay for the court costs and then it's over.

The cost of meals in the jailhouse for the life sentences of these boys by itself would be astronomical compared to the cost of a good flogging.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
When they go to prison there going to get owned by someone anyway wether you people like it or not. You people act as if we should baby these criminals. These kids ramed a broom stick up a kids rear end! They deserve NO respect.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by molotov
what the [snip] is wrong with you people? it's a horrible crime but you don't kill them. you discipline them and rehabilitate them.

What are you people from the[snip]15th century or something? get your [snip] you're advocating vigalante action and murder? c'mon.

Sexual deviants cannot be rehabilitated. Sexual predators cannot be rehabilitated. These crimes involve predators with no compassion or empathy for other people and no other human being can force change. They have no remorse. All they will have learned if they ever get out is how to hide it better in the future.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

. . . Myers said her son described clowning around in the locker room with a hockey stick. She added that he told her about holding down the victim for a few seconds.

And there you have it, just look at the mother's reaction to what her son did, she refers to it as "clowning around". I bet she wouldn't be saying it was just "clowning around if it had been her son that was attacked like that.

I once did a study of young criminals and their families for college.

It amazed me to see strong young men in court whining and pleading and twisting their mothers around their fingers while their mothers spinelessly said, "there there dear, mummy will make sure the nasty policeman can't hurt you." I wouldn't mind betting they'd been the ones who, when their toddlers learned to bully the other kids, boasted that their children were obviously born leaders. Young men need strong mothers who can stand up to them and tell them the difference between right and wrong.

- And that was in a time and place when most police could be trusted to be mature and helpful and police violence was unheard of.
(Melbourne, Australia, 40 years ago.)

If I found my kids had done anything this bad I'd give them a choice: they dob themselves in or I do.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

The odds are near 100% that each of the 4 suffers from REACTIVE ATTACHMENT DISORDER from P3: p*** poor parenting--particularly by at least an absent &/or harsh &/or cold &/or physically &/or emotionally abusive &/or emotionally distant etc. FATHER.

Yep sure, blame the father, always blame the father. As a single father I take high offense to that comment. I've seen my fair share of neglectant and abusive mothers in my day, but you don't see me singling them out. Bad parenting is bad parenting, weather it be parenting by one, two, or twelve parents. Quit pointing fingers at fathers.

Back to the subject at hand...

I fully endorse corporal punishment on the offenders, public flogging, humiliation, heck bring back the stocks. I don't consider any of that to be cruel or unusual punishment. They're bullies, albiet sick bullies, they would probably learn thier lesson and be rehabilitated.

I also agree that any teacher who even thought it might be going on and did nothing should be reprimanded, and fired if nessicery.

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Then perhaps we should make video available of what's happening to them in jail in order to teach society something about it.

Advocating that they be thrown in prison, raped, and videotaped, is not only cruel and unusual but absolutely sick. You should be ashamed of yourself to even think that let alone suggest it. That is a lack of any form of concious on your part. I'll never be able to take any of your posts seriously from now on.

***edited to make sure HunkaHunka knew exactly who I was talking to***

[edit on 5-6-2009 by DropInABucket]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

But my point was that jail is a waste of time and an even bigger waste of money.

Flogging (which is not lethal in usuall circumstances) is cheap. The boys are severely flogged publicly...a warning is issued to potential offenders...they pay for the court costs and then it's over.

The cost of meals in the jailhouse for the life sentences of these boys by itself would be astronomical compared to the cost of a good flogging.

Yeah I agree wholeheartedly... I think a public flogging, and I do mean flogging.. as in Jesus Christ with rocks tied into the ends of the leather straps, would go miles in prevention of this in the future.

Folks need to know that what they do to others WILL be done to them. In this world...

Keep in mind, I have no interest in rehabilitating these animals, I only have an interest in preventing it as a future societal pattern.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DropInABucket

I'm sorry, but where I come from, you are responsible for your actions when you are 14.

I never advocated they be raped in prison. I advocated that society is able to see what their life in prison is like.

How you got from video of them in prison to be supporting prison rape is beyond me...

Since you don't have the ability to actually read posts, I would say that your assertion that you will not participate in my threads is a win-win situation.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This is awful. Just awful.

But all these boys were young. All of them. And 120 years means they will never have a life at all.

And while the crime certainly deserves a strong punishment, the fact is, if they were doing this - even the first time when they started the process - and NO ONE in the mileau objected - the society they were in was reinforcing their crime.
So where is the punishment for all the accomplices?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
This is awful. Just awful.

But all these boys were young. All of them. And 120 years means they will never have a life at all.

yep .. .something to think about ain't it....

Bet kids their age will think twice before acting like ANIMALS again...

And while the crime certainly deserves a strong punishment, the fact is, if they were doing this - even the first time when they started the process - and NO ONE in the mileau objected - the society they were in was reinforcing their crime.
So where is the punishment for all the accomplices?

I'm there with ya... the punishment of 120 years shouldn't stop there... it should spread to the principle and superintendent as well..

we need to send a strong message that states that society IS responsible for what happens within it... I don't care what the individualistic side is saying...

It forces to people to be more proactive in their society and who is allowed in.
|

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This is a shame...

One thing I'm confused about is, was this really a sexual assault? or really evil bullying instead?

I assume they put the hockey stick up where the sun doesn't shine...(lack fo better words) if nothing else happened, was it really sexual assault?

Anyway in the end it doesn't make it better or worse. Bullying really can ruin peoples lives. (including the bullies themselves, often comes back to them when older, low self esteem issues etc)

The reason nobody reported this in my opinion is the same reason most bullying doesn't get reported, it's not cool to be a snitch.

But really the whole snitch thing is really pathetic in my opinion.

These days to some people it's only cool if your dumb, stupid and you don't snitch on evil stuff.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
I don't believe that this went on for two months and not one teacher was aware of what was going on

The entire school staff should be throughly investigated and any staff member that was aware of this situation and did nothing should be fired and never allowed to work with children in any situation again.

Yeah it's weird.

But sometimes bullying can go on for YEARS and teachers never find out, some of these bullies are very careful, and they know their "prey" will not tell a soul, that's why they seek a certain prey.

Also you maybe be right, there might be one or two teachers who knew about this. From my experience there's always one teacher whos a evil idiot, why!?

Also why are gym teachers really annoying sometimes? is it a trend or something?

[edit on 5-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yes it was sexual assualt....

The legal definition of criminal sexual assault is any genital, oral, or anal penetration by a part of the accused's body or by an object, using force or without the victim's consent

www.medem.com...

Somebody in that school knew what was happening to that boy, whether it was the principal, a teacher, a coach, a janitor, or a lunch lady, someone knew.

The prosecutor said the victim's screams could be heard outside the boys' locker room at Walker Middle School, in southern Tampa, where the alleged assaults took place.

Multiple people witnessed the attacks, but no one reported the incidents, including the victim, Hindman said.

Several students witnessed the incidents over the two months, said the prosecutor, who added that she could not understand why no one reported the attacks.

www.cnn.com...

His screams could be heard outside the locker room, and several students actually witnessed the attacks, with all that going on for two months, yes someone in that school knew about it. Kids talk, and at sometime within those two months some kids were talking about it and some adult working in that school overheard them and chose to do absolutely nothing about it, not even so much as go to the principal with the rumors that they overheard

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that an adult in that school heard his screams and ignored them

Edit for spelling error

[edit on 6/6/2009 by chise61]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join