It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 teens charged as adults in locker room sexual assault case

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

4 teens charged as adults in locker room sexual assault case

www.cnn.com

Charged with four counts each of sexual battery were Randall John Moye, 14; Raymond A. Price-Murray, 14; Lee Louis Myers, 14; and Diamante J. Roberts, 15. CNN is naming the defendants because they were charged as adults.

Hillsborough County prosecutors allege the four boys raped the 13-year-old victim multiple times over two months with a broomstick and hockey stick.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Yet another reason to show the torture photos and prosecute to the highest extent.

We need to send a very strong message to all of the moronic thinking primitives we call American Citizens that this Romanesque form of dominance comes at very high consequence.

I support public flogging of these aggressors...

Who is with me?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The prosecutor said the victim's screams could be heard outside the boys' locker room at Walker Middle School, in southern Tampa, where the alleged assaults took place.

Multiple people witnessed the attacks, but no one reported the incidents, including the victim, Hindman said.

Several students witnessed the incidents over the two months, said the prosecutor, who added that she could not understand why no one reported the attacks.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Where the hell were teachers? Screams could be heard but NO teachers ever heard a thing?? And the kids never got help. I think the kids who stood by and did nothing and the teachers who were not watching their kids need to be held accountable. Though im not really sure what law this would fall under, there.

These kids will probably get off easy. And I do not believe they should. I do not think sitting in an adult prison is the answer, but they are truly distrubed kids who need serious help.

Ugh!
That poor boy

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I support flogging in this case.. let's round up all the observers who didn't report it and any teacher who was within hearing distance of the child. We need a very strong message sent out to the little freaks that this behavior of anyone will not be tolerated.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Flogging hell, I call for public humiliation and execution.

Only a very sick and depraived mind could do this type of thing. There is no saving someone like this.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
School or prison? The lines blurs more everyday.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Where's vigilante justice when you need it? My recommendation - public lashings. America the brave my ass.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

My FEELINGS are in sympathy with your . . . consequence recommendation.

And, I suppose we could find some agreement among a percentage of the population for what . . . tattooed targets on THEIR rears?

However, I'm more interested in PREVENTION.

The odds are near 100% that each of the 4 suffers from REACTIVE ATTACHMENT DISORDER from P3: p*** poor parenting--particularly by at least an absent &/or harsh &/or cold &/or physically &/or emotionally abusive &/or emotionally distant etc. FATHER.

So, personally, whatever punishment the jerks get, I figure their dads deserve at least a percentage of the same thing.

Course, THEIR dads are probably also complicit.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

My FEELINGS are in sympathy with your . . . consequence recommendation.

And, I suppose we could find some agreement among a percentage of the population for what . . . tattooed targets on THEIR rears?

However, I'm more interested in PREVENTION.

The odds are near 100% that each of the 4 suffers from REACTIVE ATTACHMENT DISORDER from P3: p*** poor parenting--particularly by at least an absent &/or harsh &/or cold &/or physically &/or emotionally abusive &/or emotionally distant etc. FATHER.

So, personally, whatever punishment the jerks get, I figure their dads deserve at least a percentage of the same thing.

Course, THEIR dads are probably also complicit.

Not everything a kid does bad is the fault of the parents or the dad as you put it.

The first step in preventing these types of things from happening is to stop making excuses.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Destroy them!

They deserve no human rights whatsover

But wait

making an emotional response to this is dangerous

why?

Because this will set a legal precendence for future offenses by minors.

This MUST be part of the conversation

[edit on 5-6-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Destroy them!

They deserve no human rights whatsover

It is very rare that I say this to you.

I agree 100% with your post.

Now I feel dirty and need to take a scolding hot shower.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
In adult prison these guys will learn how their victim felt every single day. They'll be passed around like a candy dish. I really don't see anything wrong with that.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If they are going to charge them as adults, send them to adult prison.

They will learn their lesson quick.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
In adult prison these guys will learn how their victim felt every single day. They'll be passed around like a candy dish. I really don't see anything wrong with that.

Except perhaps when they're released and expected to act as if nothing ever happened. Perhaps?

Yes, let's advocate rape. That sounds like an exceptional idea.

And anyone who does not believe figures of authority (parents, teachers, coaches, etc) mold the behavior of children is ignorant to human nature and perpetuating ideas that will only lead to further problems.

It isn't about excuses, it's about finding a solution. To find a solution it has to be understood why something happens.

Hitler thought people were "born bad" too. Bear that in mind.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark

Hitler thought people were "born bad" too. Bear that in mind.

Just because a monster thought it doesnt mean it should be discounted.

There's a difference when a lunatic defines "bad" as an ethnicity. I have no problem defining "bad" as an individual who repeatedly commits violent crime.

They should never get out of prison. You can't rehabilitate this.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So when bullies stick a hockey stick up someone's back door, it's all moral outrage, kill them, let them get raped in jail and send them to jail for 120 years.

But if they had forced salt down his throat it would have been a 30 day school suspension and a written apology.

Our dual standards are complete BS - bullying causes students to commit suicide every other day in our school system, we shouldn't need to have a sexual element to make it a big deal.

It's always a big deal.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It can't be completely discounted because the human brain is subject to "variances", which is the best word I can think of because it encompasses as much of human behavior as possible.

But how does that nullify the effects of environment on behavior?

Do you have any idea how rare it is that a sociopath has not suffered some form of neglect or abuse?

I can personally only name one in Ted Bundy. I'd appreciate hearing of others whose personal history shows no abuse or disruption of any kind in early childhood. It's a subject I spent a lot of time researching years ago.

I know that tells me a lot about human behavior.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
For all those atsers wanting flogging, well thats what the taliban do, public flogging.
What's next beheading?
Public flogging will not teach these scumbags anything. Let them be tried as adults, and let bubba have at them.
Honestly this generation Y, has to be the dumbest yet. The Y stands for, Y bother trying to teach them anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The kids need help but not adult prison.

Most likely they got the idea from stories of our people torturing terrorists and of policemen who have done the same to perps over the year. It has all been in the press. Once again the media is to blame.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Call me cold but regardless of the "cause" a sociopath is still a sociopath.

If your house burns down what difference does it make if it was electrical or the cat knocked over a candle or the furnace flared?

It's unfortunate that abusive situations contribute to the rearing or psychopaths but a psycho is a psycho is a psycho.

After you put the serial rapist away feel free to approach the parents or abusers. None of this lets the rapist off the hook.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join