It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu nears phase 6 as it spreads globally

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Swine Flu nears phase 6 as it spreads globally

www.facebook.com

EL PASO -- The swine flu virus that killed two El Pasoans and infected 160 others has become a pandemic illness that keeps spreading throughout the world, health officials said Thursday.
"Phase 6 will be announced shortly, and it's already with us," said Dr. Mirta Roses Periago, director of the Pan American Health Organization, one of the front-line officials helping coordinate the global alert and response system to the virus.

The World Health Organization, or WHO, uses a six-phase system to describe how widespread a virus has become. The A (H1N1) swine flu virus, which was first rep
(visit the link for the full news article)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4499c69edb2.jpg[/atsimg]

Phase 6, the pandemic phase, is characterized by community level outbreaks in at least one other country in a different WHO region in addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5. Designation of this phase will indicate that a global pandemic is under way.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This may be the first epidemic in history we get to see as it evolves in real time," said Roses Periago, one of two international experts who spoke about the new swine flu virus at the U.S.-Mexico Border Health Association's annual conference at the University of Texas at El Paso.

The virus appears to be spreading as a result of air travel rather than by ground. In some countries, it appears as a cluster and then stops spreading, but in other countries, it produces several clusters of sick people.

According to a chart Roses Periago presented, the virus is made up of 34.4 percent avian flu virus, 30.6 percent North American swine flu virus, 17.5 percent Eurasian swine flu virus and 17.5 percent human flu virus.

www.facebook.com

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Should we even listen to the NWO... I mean the WHO?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

Who sayd that ? Nwo you mean ?
We shall see.. Im thinking that we have this new asia 'fear of aids disease' too.. this can be exciting ...

[edit on 5-6-2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

This can be exciting?... How in the heck is it exciting that a pandemic is spreading more and more worldwide, and there is more chance of more people dying?...

What in the world is wrong with you?..

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Are you one of those people who believes "mankind must cease to exist so the planet can be saved"?...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Ehhh, no. Im referring to the SwineFlu and the new China Aids like virus at the same time, when I say this might get exciting, I mean as in ' to see how this will progress' with the msm and will there be quarantin orders etc.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well nice article to wake up to in the morning wouldn't you say? It's interesting to see it advance through the levels so quickly and then teeter on the brink of Level 6 for quite a while. . . the calm before the storm?

Does anyone here know what will happen in the U.S. and/or Canada, or all countries for that matter, when and if this reaches level 6?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Current WHO phase of pandemic alert

Phase 6, the pandemic phase, is characterized by community level outbreaks in at least one other country in a different WHO region in addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5. Designation of this phase will indicate that a global pandemic is under way.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't a germ warfare type thing going on and were caught in the middle. When I first heard of the H1N1 virus that broke out during spring break I thought that maybe some American kid took it down there. And why they didn't seal the border is beyond me. And now in China there this new virus someone is calling 'fear of aids' and it pops up out of nowhere. I'm just wondering is all......

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

If you feel like learning more, you should read my tread here.
It shows Swine flu was an issue 40 years ago also .. !

Swine-Flu ,Pharma Insurance,Merck, 1970's and Now.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
uhhhhh how exactly is this an epidemic? only a few thousand people are sick. should it be closely monitered? sure, but uhhhh when it reaches a few million then i think its time to start freaking out.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The way I see it too many people I know irl and on the internet are sick with a "cough" right now. Its not flu season my guess is swine flu is more prevalent then they are leading us to believe. Especially with the warm weather, it seems to incubate at the body temperature of an avian 41 Celsius. I think the key is ice water and lowering your temperature. I've been trying this and it seems to help.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AlDizzle187

It goes on how many contries it has spread to.

If all the contries has been infected, you have an global pandemy..

And I just ccame to think of some thing, we have this Swine Flu , we have the 'fear of aids disease' in china and we have the new 'Ebola like' disease in africa !
What are we looking at here ..

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

According to a chart Roses Periago presented, the virus is made up of 34.4 percent avian flu virus, 30.6 percent North American swine flu virus, 17.5 percent Eurasian swine flu virus and 17.5 percent human flu virus.

www.facebook.com

Wow! Just a crazy thought if these numbers are correct?!

If I put my tin-foil hat on! (* I never take it off*)

This looks like the perfectly made designer virus to recombine with H5N1

Nature or Someone else made sure it had the right components for just this!

-34.4 percent avian flu virus - the dominant part of the virus´, made to be sure it picked up H5N1 when the viruses meet and recombine.

-30.6 percent North American swine virus - made, to be sure that option would be open and could serve as a mixing wessel of H5N1 at the American continent.

-17.5 percent Eurasian swine flu virus - Thrown in as an additional option to serve as a mixing wessel for the H5N1 when the virus hits Europe and Asia.

-17.5 percent human flu virus - this part was designed to serve as the BRIDGE of the final and evolved & mutated MIX of H1N1 + H5N1 ready to infect human beings with an Airborn H5N1 virus!

Am I paranoid or what!?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Closer to Level 6 after emergency WHO/UN meeting:

www.guardian.co.uk...

Community and patient-provider transmission proved and WHO closing in on Level6- however with caveats- for example, contagion vs. lethality.

Apparently Fukuda wants 3 levels of Level6 - as if it were a bloody blackbelt test! Nonetheless. seems it's imminent.

Edit to include Bloomberg/InfoWars article supporting the same:

www.infowars.com...

One more edit to include:
www.nowpublic.com...

[edit on 6-6-2009 by CultureD]

[edit on 6-6-2009 by CultureD]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I think you're neither paranoid, nor crazy. Those numbers are terrifying, especially given the high mortality rate of avian flu and the change in deaths worldwide. For some time, many were ill for weeks until they died. Now, we're seeing people take ill and pass within 1-3 days. Just like 1918.

I think the US is getting it hard because we have crap diets, take too many crap pharmaceuticals for no reason and are generally in poor health, depite a decent infrastructure (however flawed it is).

It's why we eat organic food, buy from local orgo growers, take Slippery Elm, coQ10, Rhodiola, Vit D, green tea, etc. We need every immune booster we can get- and that doesn't include diet ANYTHING- rHGH products (meat or dairy), farmed fish, etc. Take your health into your own hands and you will be alive when this has passed.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Severin Carrell, Scotland correspondent
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 4 June 2009 19.04 BST Article historyTwo more schools have been closed and a fifth person has fallen seriously ill from swine flu after health authorities reported another large jump in confirmed cases.

Health officials said there were 55 new cases across the UK today, taking the running total so far to 459, including a woman aged 44 now in a hospital high dependency unit in Scotland.

Guardian Uk

This isnt on the news here in Norway, here it isnt even mentioned in the news any more.

Is that because NOW it is becoming real serious and they cant report on it in fear of panic ??

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This whole swine flu nonsense is just pathetic,should we be ready for later this year? sure..but right now with hardly anyone killed and most people recovering fine after contracting the virus the barrage of news from all corners is just silly,the WHO is a joke and its fancy little levels mean moot other than to instill fear in people.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Even if the MSM are not taking this seriously, I am- and we all should. Taking something seriously does not=panic or paranoia. We're watching Scots and Welsh health practitioners catch flu from their patients. Pregnant women are dropping like flies in the US- young, 20-25-year old women with NO health issues, except pregnancy. One gave birth early to save her baby, then died, in Illinois.

the Bay are has logged another death, as has Washington State- two places where until, say 6 days ago ,or so, had very few cases at all.

The most sparsely populated regions of the US- like Montana and Wyoming are exposed and becoming ill in high numbers.
NYC has had its 8th death. PA, it's first (or second?). And still the WHO and CDC numbers do not reflect these.

The US is BLATANTLY lying to the public- for whatever reason that I can't fathom- and I'm getting ost of my info from AP, BBC, chinese News (who will openly share info about other countries, but not their own, unfortunately, so no one knows how many are ill there, or how to assist them).

The truth is we ARE at level 6- but until a profitable vaccine is ready, I doubt WHO will declare it (August- October is my prediction). And by then, lord only knows where we'll all be.

I'm horrified by the possbility of curtailing our liberties, but for god's sake- let's at least TALK about closing borders. Gain (and I'm sorry to say this ad nauseum...) some TIME to let this burn through people enough (passage) until the virulence drops. If we let it burn uncontrolled, we will see mass dyings- if we slow it, the virus might lurk into the background in a year or so and become just another "flu".

Thoughts?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join