It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Exercise on the East Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Starting 12 June 04 thre will be a major exercise on the east coast including the entire 2nd airforce and two carrier battlegroups. it will stretch from florida to Virginia and will simulate an UN repulsion of an invasion. Its kind of a mix of Desert Storm, bosnia, and an African peace keeping mission. So get those cameras ready!

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
do you have any news sources on this or anything? and how long is it supposed to last? are they going to simulate just air and sea battles? or ground battles too?

and last, but not least, why the # is the US worrying about an invasion!?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Who the hell is going to invade the US?

My guess is the publicity is that it's a defence exercise(repelling invasion) but you need two sides in these simulations.I expect it's more an invasion exercise.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
Starting 12 June 04 thre will be a major exercise on the east coast

will it be similar to those "war games" russians had?

seems like many nations are doing those exercises, why? WWIII?

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The source is a paper I have but its not on the net. There will be simulated countries but the acuall place will be the U.S. I dont know if ground units will be involved, but its meant to prepare those units that will be deploying to Iraq, and from the looks of it i think that they are worried about an Iranian in vasion. Ill try to scan it and post it.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
thanks roniii, hope you can get that scanned in. what paper was it? could you at least give a title?

also, what sort of evidence leads to the possibility fo iran invading iraq? would they be so stupid to do that with our troops still there?

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
ummmmm...you did write "will simulate an UN repulsion of an invasion." UN....UN... why would the u.s. need help from the 'UN'..unless there is something going on that people don't know about...........

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sounds like something is up if its gonna be that big. Get your camcorders out that day, folks. You may be seeing stuff that otherwise you aren't supposed to bear witness to.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by heelstone]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
isn't the US supposedly going to be under martial law come june? maybe this'll be more than an excercise...

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It is just a C2X (COMPTUEX). It is a battle group exercise that all carriers go through as they get closer to their deployment date.

It is not anything for anyone to be worried about, they go on all the time.

The only reason that they do them off the east coast now is because we do not get to do it off of PR anymore.

[Edited on 3/5/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I think its just a C2X with the 2nd Airforce involved, no martial law or anything. Read Tom Clancy's Executive orders for the reasons Iran might try to unite with Iraq. Iraq is mostly shiite and so is Iran, so racial and national feelings between the two are very attractive.

new topics

top topics

join