It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do conspiracy theorists know the truth when we all have acccess to the same info?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by prevenge

So couldnt this just be caused by class warfare and jealousy as opposed to being based on any facts.

again.. it's possible.

probable? again.. I don't think so... not so fast there buddy.

I love your million wide gap jumps to conclusions... they're riddled with persuasive intent.

you're postulating that millions of people people are going out of their way to research facts and use them in a manner that is only meant through their will, to somehow remove funds from people with more money than they, and to allocate said funds into their hands.

this "class warefare" hasn't really been thought out very well on the side of said "conspiracy theorists".. or by you for that matter.

the time and energy spent in researching conspiracy and collectively amalgamating it into cohesive presentations is monumental compared to the time and energy it takes to sit in front of a cash register at wal-mart for your daily minimum wage to just get by in this faltering economy.

your hypothesis that this is class warefare is lacking in reward.
on the whole, there's no monetary inscentive behind being a "conspiracy theorist".

in my opinion your posts and questions especially in this thread are time wasters with redundant questions that keep the reader chasing their tail. it's boring and ridiculous i have a hard time accepting the fact that i spent as much time as i have responding to your mundane and base-level queries.

you aren't just some bored dude.

if you really wanted the answers to your questions you'd research everything you are asking about and then come to logical conclusions just like any human being.

you say" how do conspiracy theorists know the truth when we have access to the same info"

access is access.
knowledge that that said access is there is another thing.

a prisoner could have the key to his own prison right inside his own body... and die in prison.... never even knowing that the key was there all along.
he definitely had access to it.
he just didn't know it was there.
he didn't LOOK.

access to knowledge
is not the same as the awareness of access to knowledge.

your initial question is more along the lines of what a sadistic prison guard would ask the prisoner who has the key within his own body.
jangling his ring of keys..nanny-nanny-boo-boo-ing in mockery of the imprisoned.

meanwhile the prison guard has his own key to his own psychological liberty.. but doesn't even know it.

and the keys to the prison cells are merely superficial replicas.

get out while you still can, OP.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Perception added to reason equals truth. Most people just don't care enough to go through the process of reasoning and some people are just too intimidated to open their eyes for more than a brief glimpse.

In those instances, perception added to feelings or affections equal something more comfortable to deal with.

What people see is highly dependent on what people are focused on.

If a monster is standing in front of you wearing a beautiful tie; if you focus on the tie, all you will see is the beautiful tie. If you focus on your feelings, all you will see is justification for why the monster has to be a monster and you will develop an affection for the monster. If you focus on the vile acts of the monster, you will not see the monster or the tie, only the results the monster put into motion.

Conspiracy theorist focus on the results of actions that just don't make any sense and that allows them to not fear the monster and not admire the tie.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I don't pretend to know the truth about anything but I know there are plenty on this site that do like to think they have it all figured out. The way I see it anyone who thinks they know the truth is lying to themselves. We humans have so tentative a grasp on science and the nature of reality that at this point it can be said we know next to nothing for certain.

I think a good conspiracy theorist shouldn't think they know the truth but instead should be skeptical and doubt any theory that touts itself as the truth. Every supposed "truth" must be weighed before it is accepted. A Conspiracy theorist who believes the first answer to defy the mainstream or fit his views is no better than one of the sheeple...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

How do conspiracy theorists know the "truth" when we all have acccess to the same info? I mean we all have TV, the internet, library cards, etc. So how is it that conspiracy theorists find the "truth", while the rest of us seem to miss it. Are conspiracy theorists smarter than the rest of us, or is it that the rest of us just cant handle the "truth"? Also, how does a conspiracy theorist know they are right?

One can only know their truth, so their truth can variety from their perception of
how they look at a certain event or information. So if a person does not got a quite broad perception receptivity.
From what i gathered is that the way the information is put forward has a distinct effect on the receiver. "Look at a dog for example, when a dog sees human that walks unnatural its unknown" So the unknown will respond with fear. Same if you walk in the dark, since it becomes scarier then in the day.
And how do you know if you are right?
Well id say that it depends on how in tune you are with urself and ur development in this human experience on earth. You will also get confirmation about a certain things if you took made the wrong decision to be able to progress more. What i can recommend is to get in touch with yourself and ur intuition and what you feel is right. Since it all end up about you, and its only you who can help and the more you can help urself the more you can help others.
We all are teachers and we are here to learn about each other and we are in this together.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What compells people to be ignorant to hard proven data? I see so much meaningless dribble on this thread...I have given enough data to answer your questions. No one it seems will take the time to research the facts? Instead we choose to remain asleep to what is happening around you. I hope some day you can escape the prison that is your mind.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Interesting post. I am not saying that people believe in conpsiracies to take money from the rich. I am saying they may believe in conspiracies about the rich because they are jealous of the power and wealth of certain people. So instead of facing their own shortcomings they attribute evil intent upon those that do achieve. By doing so they find someone to blame for not becoming who they want to be. Sometimes it is much easier to have an enemy that is holding you back then to face the real enemy within.

So to use your analogy. It would be like having the key to the cell you are locked in your pants pocket, but being too fearful of what is on the other side of the door. So you dont try to get the key out, because you tell yourself what is the point, as soon as I open the door they are just going to toss me back in and take the key.

[edit on 6/6/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

[edit on 6/6/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Wow what an excellent post. A star for you. IMO you are very correct. I see what you mean by many sides being sheep, for they believe in their side only, while not having any more proof than the person they disagree with. Maybe each side has an ounce of truth, but neither is absolute truth.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Just wonderful. Gave you a star.. made you a friend. I love people with different views than mine. I never get over commited to an idea. Sometimes I just take an idea and run with it for a while until I wear it out and then I might take the exact opposite view and run with it for a while. Usually, I settle in the middle by the time I get to the end.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Just wonderful. Gave you a star.. made you a friend. I love people with different views than mine. I never get over commited to an idea. Sometimes I just take an idea and run with it for a while until I wear it out and then I might take the exact opposite view and run with it for a while. Usually, I settle in the middle by the time I get to the end.

Ha, well. As a bloviating, intellectually challenged, pallid, overbloated bag of poo once said: Believe in something, even if it's wrong!

Edit: amusing bonus link
Caution: Strong language!

[edit on 6/7/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks they know everything knows nothing of course, but those who know this will constantly try to improve their flawed perception of reality and augment their knowlege with many different sources and perspectives. None of us know truth on an ultimate level but some have a more accurate approximation of it. Anyone given to emotionally comfortable delusions instead of hard and real truths cannot be closer to ultimate reality because they are predisposed against it, and this is the segement that propaganda targets and is most effective against.

So the seperation, if you must classify, between someone who takes msn as gospel and someone who might question it and look for alternatives, is that the latter wants to know and the former doesnt.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
how do conspiricy theorists know the truth? its called common sense and intuition, or even elementary my dear watson!! LOL...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I like conspiracy theories by and large because they're entertaining as hell. But there are a few conspiracies that are VERY real indeed. If you're anything like me, all the sources you listed are good, but I'm willing to bet that if you had access to GAO files you'd do a much better job of explaining your position when discussing these theories. I file FOIA requests, I have Tons of files on a vast multitude of subjects. I have a very different view of conspiracies because of this. And I am known in my community for having news before anyone, most of the time by months or even years. So ask yourself, do you and I Really have the Same information?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Well believing in something is good. But there is really no way to judge something until you place yourself in the shoes of both sides. Then even when you pick sides, it doesnt make it the truth, it just makes it your opinion that it is true or correct. Unless you can unquestionably proof with facts why your position is the only correct answer to the question.

[edit on 6/7/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

here in lyes the problem.; itsnotjustinformation!!!! if the PROOF didnt back up the info.and blow gigantic gapping wholes in the govt's own
conspiracy theory/official story, there would be no" theorists".So maybe
when their are these" theorists"if your not one of them ,take a clue and
look at the proof. thr red pill or the blue pill ?whats it gonna be?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Well believing in something is good. But there is really no way to judge something until you place yourself in the shoes of both sides. Then even when you pick sides, it doesnt make it the truth, it just makes it your opinion that it is true or correct. Unless you can unquestionably proof with facts why your position is the only correct answer to the question.

[edit on 6/7/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

That is fine except there will always be dissenters, no matter how many facts support or refute a particular theory. In essence, where there is anyone that believes the facts or the facts that the facts rely on are open to any sort of interpretation, there will be disagreement, even when all the same information is actually available and even known by each person. Why? Because there are certain facts that no FOIA document, news article or scientific paper can include and that is the unique experiences of the individual.

Heh, I guess I took an unexpected turn down Robert Anton Wilson e-Prime boulavard.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

How do conspiracy theorists know the "truth" when we all have acccess to the same info? I mean we all have TV, the internet, library cards, etc. So how is it that conspiracy theorists find the "truth", while the rest of us seem to miss it. Are conspiracy theorists smarter than the rest of us, or is it that the rest of us just cant handle the "truth"? Also, how does a conspiracy theorist know they are right?

Firstly your using a massive generalization using the words 'conspiracy theorist', bundling a whole range of people and issues together so you can question the validity of all persons and all theories.

Calling people CONSPIRACY THEORISTS is total fraud and lie. As goes the theme of most of your posts. Explanations for events and observations outside of the normal mainstream view does not make a conspiracy theory - it makes it an alternative explanation.

Additionally the sucking up positive affirmation posts you use to pat your supporters on the head makes me feel physically ill - your approach in this thread is the usual serving of moron level psychology I have come to expect from you.

The simple answer to your question goes like this;

People who believe in something outside of the mainstream often do because they are BETTER INFORMED, have taken the time to RESEARCH and assess CONFLICTING points of view and simply don't BELIEVE everything they are told.

Each so called conspiracy theory needs to be addressed on its own merits - some have copious evidence, other issues do not. Then it falls to each person to judge the evidence for themselves - they are not 'conspiracy theorists' - they are people who are interested in getting more facts than the biased rubbish that is served as staple fare for the masses via the television and newspapers.

The great bulk of people will simply believe anything they are told, it is easier not to ask questions and not to look at evidence that conflicts with the mainstream view.

The people on these forums are generally people who are NOT ready to simply believe everything they hear, and follow the herd. They want more information - they want as much evidence from all sides as possible so they can make informed decisions and judgments.

In short your whole question about CONSPIRACY THEORISTS is insulting, generalized and nonsense.

MANY PEOPLE ARE JUST SICK OF BEING TOLD WHAT TO THINK AND HOW TO ACT AND WHAT IS TRUE - THEY WANT TO FREE THEIR MINDS AND THINK FOR THEMSELVES - THEY ARE LIKELY TO COME TO A MORE ACCURATE MODEL THAN SOMEONE WHO INVESTIGATES NOTHING.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

You hit the nail bang on the head there brother,I couldnt of said it better myself, when I joined up here it was because it was supposede to be dedicated to opening your mind and denying ignorance! never anywhere did i see it say that it was a de-bunk site devoted to ridiculing peoples theories and then when failing miserably at that de-volving in to a slanging match and name calling! that kind of stuff peeves me off, if people want to believe there is a pot of leprechauns gold at the end of a rainbow then let them believe it! dont make them feel stupid for it, hey if you dont want to open your mind or just plain learn anything new then no-ones asking them here, i call shenanigans lol! i think the name troll comes to mind when dealing with some people like this, not everyone, just some. Oh, and i apologise for going slightly of topic Mods!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
How do conspiracy theorists know the truth?

They don't, they just think they do. They know just as much as any one else if not less. The think they know the truth about aliens but there aren't any, they think they know the truth about the illuminati but that hasn't been around for 200 years. They think they know the truth about 9/11 but no government official would ever take them seriously - nor would any court.

They think they know the truth about the NWO even though there is no such thing, it's just the law becoming more stricter and tense because of terrorism. They they think they know the truth about 2012 but fail to see that any civilization that makes sacrifices to god's so the sun would rise each day, are not the kind of enlightened people that would know anything about the future.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by andre18]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Documented facts trump egotistical deniability. You people assume conspiracy theorists do not have access to any evidence, that we have anylized it wrong, that we are not capable of knowing the truth. I say to you this prove us wrong.

Your government will not investigate or prosecute itself. Therefore everything they are telling you is BS you have fallen for hook line and sinker. I do not know a single conspiricy buff that would blatantly spew BS without some hard data to back it up for fear of being attacked exactly as many of us on this very thread have been.

If you want to debunk us then please provide likewise evidence to suggest that our theories are not accurate so that we may reform our opinions. To simply discredit those of us who have spent many years researching what you obviosly have not without ANY evidence to substantiate your ignorance is mind baffling to say the least.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join