It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do conspiracy theorists know the truth when we all have acccess to the same info?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
How do conspiracy theorists know the "truth" when we all have acccess to the same info? I mean we all have TV, the internet, library cards, etc. So how is it that conspiracy theorists find the "truth", while the rest of us seem to miss it. Are conspiracy theorists smarter than the rest of us, or is it that the rest of us just cant handle the "truth"? Also, how does a conspiracy theorist know they are right?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Some people are better at analysing than others, just a fact.

This is why the leaders of society call us all profane, as we cannot work out what they know, because they are so bright lol.

Some are just better than others. Alot of conspiracy people you hear, just take from people they know may have a good record, so people you think are good may just be stealing ideas of others, like anything in this world.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
sorry double post.

no one liner

[edit on 6/5/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Maybe they have access to more sources. Just because they come across information that others don't notice, doesn't mean the information is right.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

Thanks for posting Rocket Girl. Very good point. How do we know we can trust the conspiracy theorist perspective? Isnt it possible that they could have an agenda every bit as nefarious as what they accuse the conspirators of doing?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

So how does someone know if another conspiracy theorist has a good track record. I guess my other queston would be, who in your mind would be some with a good track record and who would be some with a bad track record.. in your opinion of course?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Some people are better at putting together puzzles.

Also, after putting the puzzle pieces together, they can see the whole picture, unlike stout skeptics.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You're welcome and very good question.

I would have to say that it's quite possible that information gets turn around by some conspiracy theorists. There are some conspiracy theorists that can make others believe there is a conspiracy behind crayons.

This in turn make regular people believe that there children shoudn't be allowed to have crayons. They can make you fear just about anything if they wanted to.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

LOL, well I can see your point, but I am sure they must be right about something, or they wouldnt run around here telling everybody they had the truth and everyone else was a dumb sheep.. would they?

Plus if they get their conspiracies by relying on another conspiracy theorist does that make them any different than people like you that believe the "official story."

I am really confused. Where does one find the truth? Who do we trust? Who should we not trust?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well, us conspiracy theorist are smarter than the average sheeple, and we are far more analyitical than most.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

What do you think it is that makes the conspiracy theorist smarter and more analytical than an average person? I am just curious.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You read and read and read articles, watch videos etc....find something that seems to link together and keep at it until you get that "EUREKA" moment when it all makes sense.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellirium113

I see. It must take a lot of time and effort to be a good conspiracy theorist then. Do people do this for a living?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Sometimes when conspiracy theorists post information on ATS, it does not always be right. Often, they can never back up there information by providing video clips or links to there sources.

In my opinion, if one wants to find the truth, then one needs to go out and discover it. The same way conspiracy theorists find information, is the same way a regular person can find information as well. All it takes is a keen eye...well two keen eyes.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I see but what happens when I research something and another conspiracy theorist research something but we come up with totally different conclusions. Like say I research 911 and find ample proof it was a bunch a crazy Muslims who planejacked some planes, but someone else researches it and decides it was the government. How do we know who is right?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Also, how does a conspiracy theorist know they are right?

its not that a "conspiracy theorist" knows they are right, necessarily. its more a matter of knowing the media is LYING...that the general public is receiving mis or DISinfo from the MSM.

there isn't any more information available to those who believe we are lied to...but if you don't believe you are being lied to you won't look for the truth...

and if you don't look for the truth you won't find this information.

in other words, the only difference in information is that the general public doesn't look into anything, takes everything they hear on TV at face value. conspiracy theorists (lol) understand that you "can't believe everything on tv"
its funny, anytime someone questions the almight television or the contents in it...they are psychotic conspiracy theorists.
shouldn't it be that people who take all they hear from the media as fact just lack the powers of observation and critical thinking??

I see but what happens when I research something and another conspiracy theorist research something but we come up with totally different conclusions. Like say I research 911 and find ample proof it was a bunch a crazy Muslims who planejacked some planes, but someone else researches it and decides it was the government. How do we know who is right?

then i would like to know where you get this information...what "facts" or information convinces you of this? not to challenge you, but if you have information or reason to believe that the story the MSM finally agreed to tell then information for others to see would be good. we are all trying to come to our own well-researched conclusions here and i welcome any information whether it contradicts my personal beliefs or not.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by double_frick]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

Very good points.. So is there lots of evidence available for me to find that proves to the sheep that the MSM is lying about everything. Like court cases, or turncoats, etc. I would really like to be able to show this stuff to my friends who always pick on me because they think I am some kind of nut.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

That's just it, you wouldn't know who's right or wrong. However, it also depends on your sources. The other person could have better sources and also spent the last six years researching that topic.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Track record is a good indicator,but that too can be skewed by selective attention.

I trust(in this order)1.my gut2.I CHING3.Timewave Zero.

Not caring what others think about your point of view is what seperates me from the sheeple,who are a flock in mentality.(Follow the Leeeeader)

Lastly bearing in mind the inevitibility that you are wrong about some aspect of your topic,no matter how right you may be about all the rest.And even if you are mostly wrong,you might have a novel,useful,thing to add.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by double_frick

Very good points.. So is there lots of evidence available for me to find that proves to the sheep that the MSM is lying about everything. Like court cases, or turncoats, etc. I would really like to be able to show this stuff to my friends who always pick on me because they think I am some kind of nut.

i may be more willing than others to say that i question these things (and think they SHOULD be questioned loud and clear) because i know something ISN'T as they have said. i make assumptions about what the truth is...but to be honest, i can't say i know for sure the truth. all i know is what they tell us concerning 9/11 is NOT the truth.
if you don't tell the truth, and its obvious, people are going to wonder what you are hiding.
ONE fact of this matter is that they left out the issue of WTC 7 from the 9/11 official report and that says they are hiding something. since they won't say WHAT they are hiding we are all left to assume and go on the only facts we can find and "prove"

i mean, there is a substantial amount of evidence pointing towards thermite being at ground zero....why?
show me evidence that there was an actual plane at the pentagon...
how exactly did they find passports for these terrorists and then later these same terrorists were found to be alive and INNOCENT.

all i want is explanations and if the MSM doesn't want to provide that and the gov't wants to cover up the truth then they cannot complain OR be surprised when people use their own deductive reasoning...which is about all any of us have in this time of BLIND FOLLOWERS of the media.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join