It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese bugs threaten missile defense?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Chinese bugs threaten missile defense?

www.wnd.com

Sophisticated electronic equipment built by the Chinese technology giant Huawei for Britain's telecommunications system could contain deliberately installed "bugs" that could be activated to damage the system that controls the nation's alerts for incoming missiles, according to intelligence analysts, says a report in Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.

Also targeted could be the nation's air traffic control system and a whole range of other vital telecoms and utilities that allow Britain to function.

The discovery comes from an intelligence-led MI5/MI6/GCHQ worldwide investigation that h
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If this is true, it would be catastrophic whenever the Chinese Communist party decides to attack Britain electronically, or even militarily after their missile defense system is taken down.

I tried to search for corroborating evidence of this from other sites, but found none.

The article from WND claims that, and I quote

The discovery comes from an intelligence-led MI5/MI6/GCHQ worldwide investigation that has found that 1,295 computers in more than 100 countries – including many belonging to embassies in London and Washington, Paris, Berlin and as far apart as Madrid and Tokyo – have been compromised.

So, if true several important systems around the world, contianing sensitive, or even classified information are compromised and could end up in the hands of the Chinese.

What i wonder is if this is true, why didn't the countries which bought these computers from China check the systems just in case?

China has been stealing classified, and even secret information for years, yet several countries give them the keys to classified information, and even the ability to take down missile defense systems?...

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Are you seriously telling us that nobody saw this coming?

As ever all these companies, and no doubt this technology has found its way into military systems, made a run to sign up to the cheap labour on offer but it turns out there may be a hidden danger after all.

I see other problems too, I'd point out that at least one of the leading anti-virus packages is maintained and developed in China, wouldn't that be ironic if we we're giving the Chinese all the information they needed to bring the West to it's collective knee's by knowing all they needed to know to infect, by-pass, or otherwise mess up our computer systems.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I don’t believe China will do anything for a while. They rely on us, Europe, and the rest of our allies to buy all of their junk. A major support for their economy is from the trade to other nations. Just about everything on the market is made in china. Yes they are doing very well economically and as a nation, but it is because of us why they are doing so well. If us and our allies put sanctions and stopped trade with china. They would be in a depression economically. I’m not saying it wouldn’t hurt us either, but we are supposed to be a conservative country. I believe we would be able to support our own. I forgot the name of Chinas damn that is supposed to be the largest in the world. If that damn is knocked out, it would devastate china.

All I am saying is that China, U.S. and many other nations rely on each other too much to cause a war. Not saying that it would'nt happen. It would just be very stupid.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why on earth would a country outsource the electronics for anything that would be used for self defense?

Lowest bid... Not a valid argument. Let's get real.

Military procurement needs to follow guidelines that are a little different than systems that don't have the same importance.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think I've seen this plot before.....Oh yeah thats right....BSG!

Frak'n retards everyone in the world has become!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
When China finally takes over the world do you think they will let Obama stay in office as governor of the New China States of America?

new topics

top topics

join