It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cornell researcher found dead in N.Y. park

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Cornell researcher found dead in N.Y. park

www.usatoday.com

A Cornell University researcher was found dead in a New York state park from massive cuts to her throat and her husband was hospitalized under guard after a police chase, state police said Thursday.
Troopers identified the woman found Wednesday morning in Taughannock Falls State Park as Caroline Coffey, 28, a post-doctoral researcher in bio-medicine at Cornell. Hikers found the body along a wooded trail in the park, just outside Ithaca, N.Y., where the Ivy League school is located.

Capt. Lawrence Jackmin said authorities questioned her husband, Blazej Kot, but have not charged him.

Kot,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is very strange in my opinion. The husband of this woman was barely injured, but she had several severe cuts to her throat.

The police questioned the husband, more so because he fled the scene, and they were chasing him until he crashed into a tree, and the injury he had was self inflicted, apparently done right after he crashed into the tree.

Something is not right. The husband should have been the one to received the worse injuries, since if this was a robbery the men would be the most likely to fight back, but instead the woman was the one attacked severely.

It could be that an old boyfriend was enraged and comitted this attack, but it is strange with the deaths of other microbiologists.

The fact that the husband tried to flee the police should be evidence that he is guilty, yet he is not being charged???

The police also found a fire inside the husband's house when they went to search there.

Something is very wrong here.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edited for mistakes]

[edit on 5-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I agree,something was covered up..what are the odds of a fire and murder in the same day,let alone hours

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Actually if you read story, it is extremely strange, because the husband fled the scene, the police chased him until he crashed into a tree, yet they are not charging him for her murder, even so it seems that's what happened. Why would he flee the scene?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Are any of the other micro-biologists from Cornell, or had this PhD candidate worked with any of them?

I can't seem to find the other thread with all the recent suspicious deaths?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
There is a link to the other scientists deaths in my signature if you wish to take a look. This does sound strange. One theory of why the husband ran from the cops but might not be guilty: He was afraid of someone that looked like a cop. It's stretching it I know, but if the couple were attacked by someone in uniform, and the husband barely escaped, it makes since for him to wildly run from the next cop he sees.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
There is a link to the other scientists deaths in my signature if you wish to take a look. This does sound strange. One theory of why the husband ran from the cops but might not be guilty: He was afraid of someone that looked like a cop. It's stretching it I know, but if the couple were attacked by someone in uniform, and the husband barely escaped, it makes since for him to wildly run from the next cop he sees.

But then why the self-inflicted injury? it seems he tried to kill himself, and then the police put a guard right outside the husband's hospital room, but the husband has not been charged after being questioned.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Well, there could be at least three reasons for the injury. 1) It was not trully self inflicted and the authorities are assuming it is because he ran. 2) The injury was an accident after crashing into the tree while holding the "edged weapon" he had improvised for protection. 3) An attempt at suicide when realizing his wife had been brutally murdered and the percieved murderer is chasing and has caught him.

Like I said, this is all very far-fetched. I just wanted to show that there are some logical reasons to believe that everything may not be as the media reports it.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

even more so if he was forced to do it at gun point...Remorse may have gotten the better of him..

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Humm, the first intutition of any man before killing himself over grief for the murder of his wife is to find the assailant, and beat the heck out of him/them until they stopped breathing. Then after that happens if the husband is really in great grief, instead of running from the police he should have stayed right by the side of his wife.

It makes no sense at all.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
just a theory added to Cameoii's

massive conspiracy..

The assailant is dressed as a cop,threatens the husband with death if he ever tells a soul..The assailant lays out the hard facts of who he is and what they are capable of..Mean while someone gets into the appartment,burns whatever,possibly evidence,and also making a point that ''they'' know where he lives..

just a thought..

the flip side
but why let him live..??

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here is a picture of the microbiologist murdered.

She was not only a very intelligent woman, she was very beautiful, and very young.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Humm, the first intutition of any man before killing himself over grief for the murder of his wife is to find the assailant, and beat the heck out of him/them until they stopped breathing. Then after that happens if the husband is really in great grief, instead of running from the police he should have stayed right by the side of his wife.

I would like to believe that this would have been his first instinct. However, self preservation is a strong motivator to run instead of fight. Also, this couple had only been married a year, and we are not given any information about the characteristics of their marriage. Apologies for sounding so crass...but not every married person loves their partner enough to avenge their death.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

The apartment fire is the part of this story that raised a red flag for me. If the assumed guilty party was busy running from the cops, crashing into the tree, and injuring himself, who set the fire?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

It would make much more sense if they had actually posted a time line here. It sounds like the fire was at the same time as the finding of Kot after the chase. I would say that the investigators in this case are going to have their hands full!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The long list of dead microbiologists continues. And also the death-reports about them that dont make any sense.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Ok, I'm a English, so not overly familiar with US police procedure - is there a time limit on arresting a suspect and bringing charges?

Statistically, most people are murdered by someone they know, I think it more than likely this was some kind of jealous rage/attempted cover-up on the part of the husband.

What is the correlation between the apartment fire and the attack?

What research (specifically) was she involved in?

Pardon my ignorance, but how many dead microbiologists are we talking about?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

There is NO statute of limitations on murder in the US. If this is adjudicated as a murder they can make the arrest anytime they have enough evidence they think can make the charge stick!
Zindo

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I agree a timeline would be great info, but it may be to soon to have that information given to the press. My understanding of the story was that the police went to the apartment after the husband crashed and was taken to the hospital. There they found it on fire and called the fire department.

Appearantly, Steve Quayle found this case interesting enough to add it to the site in my sig. I have not found an exact count of scientists killed, but it has been going on for several years. Here is a link to Quayle's chonological list of important cases.

Dead Scientists

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Very interesting - one bit I would like to add is they have not charged the husband yet. That doesn't mean they won't do so eventually.

We are all in agreement that a beter timeline would be very helpful.

However, it could still point to the husband.

Consider the following scenario:

1) For reasons currently unknown hubby kills either on the trail or takes her body there after killing her elsewhere. She has massive cuts on her throat.

2) Hubby goes back to the apartment and using some type of simple, home made time delay to cause the apartment to catch fire at a later time (after he is well away) Quite possibly to destory some type of evidence.

3) Hubby tries to kill himself (as is farily common it seems of those that kill their spouse), but is interrupted by the cops and lands in the hospital.

The cops could just be putting all the bits of the puzzle together before charging the husband.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join