It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: ALL Delta Airlines Flights Grounded due to Computer difficulties.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
As of this moment all Delta Airlines flights are grounded. Delta claims it is all the result of a "computer glitch," causing the airline's main computer system to crash. There is no threat to any customers of Delta Airlines.

FoxNews.com

Delta has indicated there are no safety or security concerns related to the "glitch." The problems began around 3pm EST, and as of 5:30pm EST, a very few Delta flights are beginning to take off.

Delta spokeswoman Liza Caceres said, "Our main computers are down. We are working as fast as we can to get our passengers back in the air."

The Atlanta-based company has not released any further information.

My comment: I can't believe we now live in an age where an airline as huge as Delta can have all of its flights grounded because of a "computer glitch"

Are we too dependant on computers?

Related Stories:
AccessNorthGA.com

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by Banshee]

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm wondering, after reading this, if 'glitch' could imply 'hack'?

seekerof

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I'm wondering, after reading this, if 'glitch' could imply 'hack'?

First thought that came to mind here.

There's also the new Sasser worm that was released today, as detailed by Spectre in this post.

Whatever happened, it's quite odd that there was no backup system available.....

-B.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
yeah, in my mind this could be a hack or something...

and yes, airliners are almost entirely flown by computers.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hmmm, It'll be interesting to hear the whole stor7y behind this one.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yeah this is quite a good read, thank you! Can't wait to find out if at all what the glitch is.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I dont mean to be racist or anything but I find that having alot of foreigners write our pc programs(chinese,east indian etc) a very dangerous thing to do maybe even qualifying as a National Security threat.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I just spoke with someone who was in the Atlanta airport this afternoon. According to her the Delta counter-staff were complaining of very slow performance of their computer network, then the whole network went down. It comes back up after a few minutes, then crashes again. Sound familiar?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by project_pisces
I dont mean to be racist or anything but I find that having alot of foreigners write our pc programs(chinese,east indian etc) a very dangerous thing to do maybe even qualifying as a National Security threat.

You're absolutely right. Even if not a NS threat, it's may even be a bigger threat to us economically and from a social order standpoint. If I hear Bush or any of his advisors tell us once more that it's good for the US to export jobs, I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE A SINGLE WORKING TV LEFT IN THE HOUSE! WHAT KIND OF MORON IS HE ?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense

Originally posted by project_pisces

You're absolutely right. Even if not a NS threat, it's may even be a bigger threat to us economically and from a social order standpoint. If I hear Bush or any of his advisors tell us once more that it's good for the US to export jobs, I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE A SINGLE WORKING TV LEFT IN THE HOUSE! WHAT KIND OF MORON IS HE ?

Agreed ... Especially after having been put out of a job due to exportation!

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
i second your agree after being laid off numerious time due to plants an factories moving away.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Any update as to what the glitch was? Haven't seen anything on the news.

top topics

join