Your irrational fears & phobias show you lived past lives.

page: 2
5
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
so if i have an irrational fear of Hunting with Dick Cheney, than

I must have known him in a past life, and he shot me ?

this theory may account for SOME fears, but it sure does not account for them ALL!




[edit on 7-6-2009 by muzzleflash]




posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


Yeah but that isn't an irrational fear!
Who wouldn't be scared of hunting with Cheney??

If you had a phobia of, bananas say, now that doesn't make sense!

Get it?

;-)



posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

. . . i have an irrational fear of Hunting with Dick Cheney . . .



How long have you had this fear? Did it only occur after the Whittington press coverage, or has it existed since childhood?

In speaking of past life trauma, we should not overlook the possibility that Cheney may have also experienced such - perhaps this is a recurring event in his progression and is the very Karmic cycle he's working so hard to break . . .

I notice you're located in Texas. Surely, that must be more than a coincidence. I certainly wish you luck in your ongoing search for answers.


(Sorry - just struck me as terribly amusing - but I'm easily amused.)



posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
On a more serious note: most of the more informed psychotherapists and hynotherapists are familiar with (whether they espouse it or not) past life regression techniques as a means of dealing with some trauma, though typically it seems to be more linked to chronic pain issues.

In my opinion, without regard to the ultimate validity of Reincarnation, if it works in some cases, it should certainly be a tool; however, a more thorough study is needed to determine precisely what these 'memories' are. Current explanations and hypotheses range from Reincarnation to Cosmic (or Universal) Consciousness to subconscious lying, etc., etc. Whatever the etiology, it should be accepted that there is some explanation - to find that explanation would be to advance several disciplines.



posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Consider the brain as a computer. A computer with Dos and Windows. Left side of the brain and Right side of the brain. Everything that our senses pick up right now, turn directly into a memory. Including this post. Picture, Sound, Touch, Smell, Taste and Emotion. All necessary in allowing you to remember a past event etc. In my honest opinon there is nothing making us fearful of anything but ourselves. The idea of spirits and the after-life exists only to keep the primitive mind from going bonkers. We are Biological Robots. There are no million year old Scientology type spirits flying around in our insides or spirits of past lives or spirits of anything for that matter. There's no Ghosts and Goblins, Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny in my world. Just good ol trusty Science. Mmmmm Science



posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exoviewer
Consider the brain as a computer. A computer with Dos and Windows. Left side of the brain and Right side of the brain. Everything that our senses pick up right now, turn directly into a memory.


Hello, Exoviewer,

I may understand what I think you're trying to say, but the analogy you use suggests more question.

In as much as you concede Windows and DOS pre-existing in the computer, it would stand to reason that the human brain should also come with a built-in Operating System; indeed, it must, for all those experiences the senses pick up to be integrated into such. In essence, I suppose I'm just wondering exactly what this 'Operating System' is, what comprises it, and where it may come from.

Would it not be that this 'Operating System' of the brain should contain elemental and basic information to allow a human to think, act, be a human? And, if so, would it not be likely that the 'Operating System' be built upon previous versions (DOS 1.0, 2.0 . . . , 6.0 and/or Windows 1.0. 3.1, '95 . . . , XP, Vista)?

Not trying to use this as a proof for Reincarnation (certainly neither that well thought out nor presented, but as earlier stated, I believe something must account for suggestion of this belief - the question is what); rather, it is only presented as a preliminary thought suggested by your computer analogy.



posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Nice questions. At the end of the day the brain is a Computer like I said, but what all of the abilities and functions of the brain are not completely known to us yet. We know that we are electromagnic emitters and sponges. We know we can alter the molecular structure of water by thought alone. We are very complicated biological machinery. If we are just that then reincarnation is entirely possible, along with eternal life. Just like buying a new computer but keeping the hard-drive or rolling over data from the old harddrive to the new one. We Human Machines are carbon and machines are silicone. Thats the only difference at least for now.
Soon or later, machines WE create will be biological.



posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I have fear of large aircraft when I was young. I had nightmares of them crashing in my backyard or dropping huge bombs. I never experienced war my whole life!

Until, now, if I'm asleep and awoke to the sound of an aircraft flying overhead, I run for cover! Other than that, and when I'm fully awake, I have absolutely no fear of any type of aircraft even flying in one, maybe except those that abduct people for some clandestine experiments!



posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot
 


I have a profound fear of dying, does that mean i have lived past live(s)? I also have a fear of spiders, could that have come form a past life and carryed over into this one?



posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Why not consider that you heard the sound of a plane when you were very young for the first time and it scared the crap out of you and that emotional attachment to that sound stayed with you up into adulthood.
Thats more plausable than blaming it on a different person in a different life in different time don't you think. No disrespect.



posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exoviewer
Why not consider that you heard the sound of a plane when you were very young for the first time and it scared the crap out of you and that emotional attachment to that sound stayed with you up into adulthood.
Thats more plausable than blaming it on a different person in a different life in different time don't you think. No disrespect.


Yes I have considered it, but what about the bombs? When there's a real aircraft flying over and I'm asleep, my mind suddenly switches to a dream where I find myself in the middle of a battlefield and under attack. Sometimes it's not just aircraft dropping bombs, sometimes it's enemy soldiers throwing grenades or enemy tanks

Worst results with the sounds of Boeing 747 or Bell UH-1 "Huey" helicopter. That's why I duck for cover. One funny instance, I threw a TV remote out the window waking up from such nightmare and waking everyone in the house, mistaking it for a grenade!!!



posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Ok then consider that you heard that noise when you were very little and you were watching something of that nature on TV but are too old to remember. But your subconscious does remember.



posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I'm not totally convinced by this. I have, like millions of others, an irrational fear of Spiders. Just the word sends shivers through me. I know where this fear comes form though: I watched the film Arachnophobia when I was far too young. Yeah ok, maybe I lived a past life wherein Spiders terrified me and my fear of them was not unlocked until I watched the film but I doubt it.
I won't go into MY beliefs. Well, not yet anyway but you can be sure that it will link in with this one. Past lives is something that sort of believe in but not iin the way you will think.

Ramadwarf P



posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot
 

I can't tell if you're being rhetorical or really want our input...

There's no way to prove that past lives are real totally based on the phenomenon of irrational fears.

But as far as I'm concerned, the existence of a non-physical self which has amazing abilities of causation and memory and definitely has lived many, many lives has been proven for a long time.

That means that irrational fears (and I don't know how irrational a fear of spiders or insects is) could definitely come from long-ago experiences. All sorts of other mental phenomena also come from that experience. Things like mysterious scars or chronic pains can also come from past lives.

There is plenty of evidence (but mostly outside of conventional science, as far as I know) that dealing properly with ancient traumatic experiences can bring amazing relief to a being. For a lot of people this isn't a weird idea at all - it's a given part of how life works.



posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox
reply to post by kiwifoot
 

I can't tell if you're being rhetorical or really want our input...

There's no way to prove that past lives are real totally based on the phenomenon of irrational fears.

But as far as I'm concerned, the existence of a non-physical self which has amazing abilities of causation and memory and definitely has lived many, many lives has been proven for a long time.

That means that irrational fears (and I don't know how irrational a fear of spiders or insects is) could definitely come from long-ago experiences. All sorts of other mental phenomena also come from that experience. Things like mysterious scars or chronic pains can also come from past lives.

There is plenty of evidence (but mostly outside of conventional science, as far as I know) that dealing properly with ancient traumatic experiences can bring amazing relief to a being. For a lot of people this isn't a weird idea at all - it's a given part of how life works.


Please, if you more or less agree with someone, try not to make your posts sound like you are telling them off!

I didn't say they were "totally based" on past lives. I just said the really irrational ones, like a fear of poetry for instance, could have their routes in past lives.

And as for rhetorical!


Could most phobias be explained this way?I know people who have phobias of things that they have never, could never and will never come into contact with, but yet they are petrified of them nonetheless. Could the above theory explain this?


Rhetorical???

And plese tell me where I mention Spiders?



posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear."
--- H.P. Lovecraft



A phobia by definintion: An extreme fear of a particular thing or situation, especially one that cannot be reasonably explained.

Some phobias can be understood, if not entirely justified. For example, Verminophobia, the fear of Germs can be explained since certain Germs are known to cause us harm. The fear of Injections or Trypanophobia is another common one and taking into acount the pain of some injections it can also be understood.


However there are dozens of documented phobias that are extremely difficult to explain:

Anything new - Neophobia

Bathing - Ablutophobia

Flutes - Aulophobia

Books - Bibliophobia

Good news, hearing good news - Euphobia

Left-handed; objects at the left side of the body - Sinistrophobia

Mother-in-law - Pentheraphobia - Oops no wait that's a normal one!

Poetry - Metrophobia

Knees - Genuphobia

These are just a few, there are many more that I could give you but you get my point.


What I want to put to you is this: Are irrational fears and phobias caused by events or situations in past lives? Could an Ablutophobe (Bathing) have been drowned in the bath in a previous incarnation. If I was to read a poem to someone and have a fatal heart attack at that very moment would I take with me an irrational fear of poetry, that would manifest itself as Metrophobia?

Could most phobias be explained this way? I know people who have phobias of things that they have never, could never and will never come into contact with, but yet they are petrified of them nonetheless. Could the above theory explain this?

If any of you have irrational fears that you'd like to share to prove/disprove this theory it would be great.

All the best, especailly to you Phobics!


"The only thing we have to fear is fear it'self - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified, terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."
---- FDR - First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1933




[edit on 5-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

[edit on 5-6-2009 by kiwifoot]


I can understand how you reached your conclusion but I find myself disagreeing.

This does depend on what is a clearly irrational fear.
Personally I would fear things at the time in scenarios such as car crashes, plane crashes, gunshot wounds or something like that if that makes sense. This would never stop me from doing something and in general I do not have anything that scares me as I look at life experiences as lessons. If I find myself in a situation that is scary or threatening I take it as a lesson in my actions.

In my circumstances this theory if correct would mean I dont have any previous lives when it comes to phobias. This is why I find it hard to believe.

Just my opinion.



[edit on 1-7-2009 by XXXN3O]



posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by kiwifoot
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear."
--- H.P. Lovecraft



A phobia by definintion: An extreme fear of a particular thing or situation, especially one that cannot be reasonably explained.

Some phobias can be understood, if not entirely justified. For example, Verminophobia, the fear of Germs can be explained since certain Germs are known to cause us harm. The fear of Injections or Trypanophobia is another common one and taking into acount the pain of some injections it can also be understood.


However there are dozens of documented phobias that are extremely difficult to explain:

Anything new - Neophobia

Bathing - Ablutophobia

Flutes - Aulophobia

Books - Bibliophobia

Good news, hearing good news - Euphobia

Left-handed; objects at the left side of the body - Sinistrophobia

Mother-in-law - Pentheraphobia - Oops no wait that's a normal one!

Poetry - Metrophobia

Knees - Genuphobia

These are just a few, there are many more that I could give you but you get my point.


What I want to put to you is this: Are irrational fears and phobias caused by events or situations in past lives? Could an Ablutophobe (Bathing) have been drowned in the bath in a previous incarnation. If I was to read a poem to someone and have a fatal heart attack at that very moment would I take with me an irrational fear of poetry, that would manifest itself as Metrophobia?

Could most phobias be explained this way? I know people who have phobias of things that they have never, could never and will never come into contact with, but yet they are petrified of them nonetheless. Could the above theory explain this?

If any of you have irrational fears that you'd like to share to prove/disprove this theory it would be great.

All the best, especailly to you Phobics!


"The only thing we have to fear is fear it'self - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified, terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."
---- FDR - First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1933




[edit on 5-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

[edit on 5-6-2009 by kiwifoot]


I can understand how you reached your conclusion but I find myself disagreeing.

This does depend on what is a clearly irrational fear.
Personally I would fear things at the time in scenarios such as car crashes, plane crashes, gunshot wounds or something like that if that makes sense. This would never stop me from doing something and in general I do not have anything that scares me as I look at life experiences as lessons. If I find myself in a situation that is scary or threatening I take it as a lesson in my actions.

In my circumstances this theory if correct would mean I dont have any previous lives when it comes to phobias. This is why I find it hard to believe.

Just my opinion.



[edit on 1-7-2009 by XXXN3O]



Or maybe it just means you haven't had any experiences of death by banana of suffocation by mother-in-law!

It is a little out there I know. And of course your opinion is welcome.

kiwifoot





new topics
top topics
 
5
<< 1   >>

log in

join