It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOME - please share this film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
HOME

a film by Yann Arthus-Bertrand

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74995738c0fd.jpg[/atsimg]

www.youtube.com...

A hymn for the planet

"HOME is an ode to the planet's beauty and its delicate harmony. Through the landscapes of 54 countries captured from above, Yann Arthus-Bertrand takes us on an unique journey all around the planet, to contemplate it and to understand it.

But HOME is more than a documentary with a message, it is a magnificent movie in its own right. Every breathtaking shot shows the Earth - our Earth - as we have never seen it before. Every image shows the Earth's treasures we are destroying and all the wonders we can still preserve.

"From the sky, there's less need for explanations". Our vision becomes more immediate, intuitive and emotional. HOME has an impact on anyone who sees it. It awakens in us the awareness that is needed to change the way we see the world. (HOME embraces the major ecological issues that confront us and shows how everything on our planet is interconnected.)"

www.xray-mag.com...

Synopsis

"In 200,000 years on Earth, humanity has upset the balance of the planet, established by nearly four billion years of evolution. The price to pay is high, but it is too late to be a pessimist: humanity has barely ten years to reverse the trend, become aware of the full extent of its spoliation of the Earth's riches and change its patterns of consumption."

taryncoxthewife.blogspot.com...

A People's Project

By bringing us unique footage from the Earth and sharing with us his wonder and his concern, Yann Arthus-Bertrand lays a foundation stone for the world that, together, we must rebuild. The film HOME intends to shift people's perceptions, to make us aware of the tectonic movements at work and to incite us to act.

We have a greater impact on the Earth than it can bear. We over-consume and are depleting the Earth's resources. From the air, it is easy to see the Earth's wounds. HOME simply sets out our current situation, while saying that a solution exists.

The film's subtitle could be "It's Too Late To Be A Pessimist". We have reached a crossroads; important decisions must be taken to change our world. Everybody knows about what the film says, but nobody wants to believe it. So HOME adds its weight to the argument of environmental organizations that we need a common sense approach to change our consumerist way of life.

gigamaster.blogspot.com...

On June 5th

More than a movie, HOME will be a major event around the globe: for the first time ever, a film will be released on the same day in over 50 countries.

June 5th 2009, World Environment Day has been chosen as the highly symbolic date for this simultaneous, and free of charge, release on every format: movie theatre, TV, DVD and Internet. The aim of director Yann Arthus-Bertrand, distributor Luc Besson and François-Henri Pinault, chairman and CEO of PPR, the film's official sponsor, is to reach the widest possible audience, and to convince us all of our individual and collective responsibility towards the planet.

posterous.com...

ON JUNE 5th WE ALL HAVE A DATE WITH THE PLANET!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b2b54dd663c.jpg[/atsimg]
HOME a film by Yann Arthus-Bertrand

[SNIP]

IT'S TIME TO MOBILIZE!

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Daniem]

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Please do not ask the membership to flag your threads.

[edit on 6/21/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I am watching it right now and the clarity of the picture is amazing. Even on the full screen setting the image is crystal clear. This is a must see, thanks so much for making me aware of this.

Star and flag for sure.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is good. Thank you. It's wonderful to see people endeavoring to spread positive vibrations to all peoples of this wonderful planet. I am often brought to tears at the beauty of the earth and her animals. The diversity of cultures is beautiful as well. It is time to celebrate all that is good and beautiful in this world. I may sound as though I'm in La La land. I'm just amazed and saddened at folks who don't see any further than their little box and as a consequence damage all life. But I am the eternal optimist and for that I know it will all come out in the wash. Peace

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I just finished watching it, what a beautiful planet we live on! One can only pray the nations will wake up and start to use their brains. With all the renewable sources of energy there really is no excuse for continued dependence on fossil fuel. I was pleased that she mentioned two that are often overlooked even on ats, wave energy and geo thermal. Those have as much potential if not more than wind and solar energy. The thing is...who is going to be the genius and put their money into this?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Saw the film some minutes ago. It tells all what we all know but what we don't want to see.
I recommend everyone to watch this well done film. It is beautifully and sad at the same time. But there is hope.
I don't have children, but I think of all those who may be are going to live in a inhospitable world because nobody did something to resolve the problem. It is up to everyone to help make it a better world.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Just finished watching it, I highly recommend it to everyone!

Imho the message was good, except that it failed to mention that at the core of our problems lie the concepts of private property, capitalism, and profit. These are the mechanisms that enable the profiteers to live outside of the consequences of their profiteering, and thus enable the massive destruction capitalism is capable of, in all aspects of our lives.

Property is Theft

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

Star and Flag for you!!!
Thank you so much for posting this. I don't have time now to watch it but I already bookmarked it and I'll forward it to friends and family.
Such a beautiful place that we all live in, it just breaks my heart to see how under-apreciated it is and how we are mistreating our living, breathing home.

Again, thank you very very much.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm going to send this to everyone I know. A most amazing piece of work. It really has to be seen to understand the scope of what is going on. Maybe since no one has ever listened to the words I say, maybe they will listen to someone else. I've been spewing this type of info for years that the planet's resources will dry up but no one has cared.

Good thread, everyone needs to see this. Hope fully this movie will wake up people, but I do realize that is most likely a pipe dream.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Amazing photographer, clear message that everyone knows to be true, we feel it intuitively.

top topics

join