It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged with threat against Obama in Utah

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Hahaha! Great comment. Too bad Whaaa didn't get the reference. Its from the movie starring Clint Eastwood and John Malkovich, titled In The Line Of Fire. Great movie. I especially loved the plastic gun Malkovich's character created and used in the presidential assassination. Very nostalgic since it was close to when Glocks (combat tupperware) became mainstream.

The guy was very stupid to say what he did. I guess there are some people who dont' know its illegal to threaten the president. During a dinner conversation, my friend didn't know it was illegal but the rest of us did.

Since this is a conspiracy forum, I do wonder if this is staged. Have a legal-carrying firearm owner make such a stupid statement and get arrested is like a dream to any anti-gun advocate. Put the recent string of public shootings (8 in 2 months) and anti-gun advocates benefit greatly.

Its pretty easy. Find a desperate man, give him a sweet deal and he'll probably do it. A lot of people have done stupid things when desperate. In this case, a rich, powerful person who is anti-gun may have promised this guy $2 million to his family if he publicly threatened the president. All the guy has to do is make it look believable.

Yes call me a conspiracy nut. Most people do.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
I wonder how serious he was - it could of just been an angry comment in passing rather that a deep sentiment that he really wanted to follow through.

Back when Georgie boy was prez I can remember being very drunk in a pub in town trying to teach another couple of guys the 'Lets get together and kill george bush song' by Rich Hall - now I wonder how the secret service took that one! - I wish I could find it on youtube and embed it - but it's gone from the search results

I say this for any president. Why would it be "okay" to kill someone on the basis of their political views?

I've never understood that. It'd be like killing someone because they like the lakers over the bulls.

I can see hating someone, or a strong dislike. But murder?

Come on.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Even from the threads on ATS, there does seem to be a huge dislike and distrust of the President. Not unlike the last President George W. Bush.

/U/US_OBAMA_THREAT?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US]hosted.ap.org[/url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

Nice try. Trying to use a murder threat to support your dislike of the current president. But desperate.

There is not a president out there in our entire history that didn't get an assassination threat.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

My friend and I took a peek at the white house over memorial day weekend and saw security pacing the perimeter.

I tell you what, that is one very scarey looking dude.He looked like he could handle a swat raid all by himself.

thats the guy I want behind me in a bar fight.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I kind of have to agree with guppy on the staging thing. Just think about it, the gov. wants to take our guns. (for some sinister reason i'd bet) We know this. Then you have cops beating innocents up, making it legal to taze to force compliance, and now this? They are trying to their best to get a reasonable excuse...once our guns are gone...in comes the gangs, then we'll be in deep...well, doo doo heh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join