It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Jews Spew Racist Anti-Obama Rants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Young Jews Spew Racist Anti-Obama Rants

www.newser.com

The night before Barack Obama's landmark Cairo speech, a documentary filmmaker headed out to the streets of Jerusalem to ask young Israelis and "droves" of American Jews what they thought of the president's Middle East overtures, notes Gawker. The result is "the most shocking footage I have ever filmed," says Max Blumenthal: Educated youths calling the president "a Muslim, for sure," a "terrorist," and a notorious racial slur.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
gawker.com

Mod Edit: To fix link.

[edit on Fri, 05 Jun 2009 10:50:25 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

The filmmaker asks a simple question: "What do you think of Obama and Israel?"

WARNING RACIST COMMENTS ARE WITHIN THE VIDEO

Good to see how people can be blinded, but lets not forget that there always two sides to every story. So before we jump the gun on if and at what extent are they happy to support the U.S. or hate the U.S. this is just an inside view on what people do think which obviously does not see the main stream news for obvious reasons.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Watch out! The "Gangster Rapper" movement has infiltrated Israel!

To the OP: this is akin to going to Iran, asking them what they think about the USA and then saying "Young Muslims spew racist anti-Obama rants"

Do you see the problem here?

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I love the warning "racial comments" accompanying the video- are people that delicate, lol its hardly worth a warning, like, say images of aborted foetus, war injuries etc

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
"educated youths"

No, not really

"Ignorant and racist youths"

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Okay, yes, i thought it was funny as i too seen bling bling rappers in that.

But hey, i had to put that racist comment incase i was hounded about anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Not so simple...
you have the pro-israeli intellectuals backed by the israeli lobby and government to call jewish academics who speak of israeli's human rights violations "Self-Hating-Jews". Now if such people/representatives in "authority" positions embrace such public character assassinating trash talk... what do you think your citizenship is going to mouth? ...exactly what we saw in this vid... ignorant self-absorbed righteous bull... parroted from the top.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

This ignorant self absorbed bull ,as you correctly call it, is not "citizenship" mouth, but that of few drunk teens. Some of them do not know who is Benjamin Netanyahu, but still are educated according to the article. Go in your local pub and you will hear the same "mouth".
This is just a smear-film. Boo the Israel, there were several drunk dudes with issues.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
hell , any bad happens to a single jew , they scream anti-semitism . but if jews do something horribly wrong , rarely attention will come on that issue

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

the problem is though that more and more footage of drunk israeli teens is coming out ; now we know what teens are like around the world - but the slant being put on this is very obvious.

and since this is hitting the MSM its painting the young of israel as drunken racist thugs who want to kill everyone thats not a jew.....

[edit on 5/6/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Not so simple...
you have the pro-israeli intellectuals backed by the israeli lobby and government to call jewish academics who speak of israeli's human rights violations "Self-Hating-Jews". Now if such people/representatives in "authority" positions embrace such public character assassinating trash talk... what do you think your citizenship is going to mouth? ...exactly what we saw in this vid... ignorant self-absorbed righteous bull... parroted from the top.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by The All Seeing I]

Yeah, I agree: it's not so simple at all. You do have a point there about the character trashing methods. And I cannot argue that the negative behaviour displayed by influential individuals will not inevitably rub off onto the mindset of the youth. (It undeniably has rubbed off to some of the youths in this video.)

This whole "self-hating Jew" thing is stupid. It is a hoax imo. Do people born into Catholicism and who go on to condemn Catholics qualify as self-hating Catholics. It is a ridiculous concept that was invented to demonise Jews who are critical of Israeli policy (I think you implied this notion before in your post, which again, I agree with.)

It just seems biased to only show the negative comments and not one positive or appraisal don't you think? Without a doubt a lot of those youths are very ignorant and do harbour anti-Arab sentiments. But, it seemed like there were a few American non-Jews saying those things too. (Also, many of them seemed somewhat inebriated. Is it fair to ask somebody about racial/religious/cultural issues when they are under the influence of alcohol?)

Is it fair to characterise all young Jews in such a negative context, without showing a neutral or positive aspect to the story? If somebody can influence you that the youth of a certain type of people are mostly ignorant morons, what stops them from generalising and demonising the entire population? Not much.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kombatt98
hell , any bad happens to a single jew , they scream anti-semitism . but if jews do something horribly wrong , rarely attention will come on that issue

[sarcasm]Some parts of humanity are just inherently worth more than other parts.[/sarcasm]

“One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail.”
– Rabbi Yaacov Perrin, Feb. 27, 1994 in N.Y. Times, Feb. 28, 1994, p. 1.

Sure write these chosen-punks off as being irrelevant... never mind that they are walking in the footsteps of their fathers and zionist forefathers.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
WOW! That's amazing. Clearly the Internet is the network of the people which is why TPTB want to shut it down. I wonder what the Jewish kids in other countries think? If anyone knows tell us here.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I

Originally posted by Kombatt98

[sarcasm]Some parts of humanity are just inherently worth more than other parts.[/sarcasm]

“One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail.”
– Rabbi Yaacov Perrin, Feb. 27, 1994 in N.Y. Times, Feb. 28, 1994, p. 1.

Sure write these chosen-punks off as being irrelevant... never mind that they are walking in the footsteps of their fathers and zionist forefathers.

That statement comes from the mouth of an extremist Zionist Jew. The vast majority of Jews would be absolutely appalled by that statement and sickened that it is somehow being linked to Judaism. Even though Jews believe they are the Chosen Ones (which is not a concept exclusive to Judaism), they are commanded by God that the loss of one innocent life - no matter the race/religion/ethnicity - is equivalent to the death of all humanity.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You really nailed it. Citation of a rabbi and drunk teens in this "documentary" clearly show that you were wright all along. Be proud. Just take care not to check what some of your ancestors/religious leaders/drunk youth says and your world will be complete.
It is Snowball's fault all along, so to speak.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm appalled by these "jewish" youths behavior.

Whatever. They do a great disservice to the region, the good name of Israel, and the Jewish communities by being drunken, slovenly, illiterate haters.

How embarassing on a number of levels.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
I'm appalled by these "jewish" youths behavior.
...They do a great disservice to ... the good name of Israel...

What good name? Have you been drinking from the zionist kool-aid punch bowl?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I would guess the girls who said they did not know who Netanyahu was are probably american. The text said

"young Israelis and "droves" of American Jews"

Not to defend them, just trying to gain perspective. I have witnessed this type of language and behavior in bars and parties with teens and 20 somethings many times.

Alcohol has a tendency to loosen the tongue, I think alcohol generally initiates truthful sentiment, perhaps somewhat exaggerated but truthful.
It also helps gain courage or release inhibitions, the reason for most bar bralls and one-night stands.

So if we were to lessen the exaggeration of the alcohol induced comments we would basically see a general distaste for Obama in among the youth in Israel, if one is to believe this group of people is a representation of the youth in Israel.

So like on this board, there are some people who don't like him....... go figure.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Interesting how most people feel that it's ridiculous to allow the statements of extremists to represent an entire culture yet that's exactly what you appear to be doing...

Would you tell me that the statements of a radical Islamic cleric calling upon people to murder all "infidels" represents all Muslims? I should hope not.

Would you tell me that some of the rhetoric coming out of Black Panther meetings in the 70's represented all African Americans? I should hope not.

Yet, you take a quote from an extremist "rabbi" years ago and the views of some drunken idiots on videotape and decide that this represents the view of millions of Jewish people.

How interesting. How transparent.

[edit on Fri, Jun 5th 2009 by Djarums]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I almost expected to see an over sized star of david necklace around their necks.

If this isn't a set up, who cares? Go to any bar at 2am in the USA and try to get an informed opinion about anything important from one of the kids walking out.

They are acting tough and maybe a little drunk, not even shocking really.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join