It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerning Everything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Over the years, my credence to this theory has not diminished; I believe that everything in existence can be measured in such a way to produce an algorithm through which the future can be predicted. By monitering every weather pattern, societal pattern, and everything else imaginable, I believe a cohesive pattern can be deciphered through which every answer can be attained.
The reason this has not been done, of course, is because of man's inability to focus on the larger picture.

What say you, ATSers?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I've heard something like this. The Mayans had the whole 2012 thing right. . .

I heard that the Mayans were far to advanced for their own good and could tell the future, all that jazz. According to these people I was speaking with, they were "taken care of".

Could be that they did focus on all those things and were just playing with it too much toward the end. I'm not quite sure what took care of them but who knows, just theory's at this point.

Who knows, thanks!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
At any rate, I'm confident in the base theory; I have no doubt that if enough minds and resources were put on the topic, an algorithm coud be produced through which the fate of the entire human race coud be deduced. I'm horrible at math, but I'm brilliant at abstract concepts; I'm absolutely positive that I'm right about this one.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Hint and riddle

You can only know what you do not when it is you ask when you think you are not

work it out

If you know you are asking you already know the answer

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
You know, I remember having a debate with somebody in high school about this. One day, I overheard one of my friends say something a long the lines of "I know someone who has an equation that can solve any problem. You just construct the problem in the context of this equation and it can always be solved."

I didn't agree, and to this day, I still wouldn't agree with it. So many things in this world come down to luck or through random circumstances. It is something I would really like to believe, but I just don't think it is possible. Nobody can be 100% certain about anything until it has taken place. The future is extremely variable and I doubt such an algorithm can be proven correct.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think it stems from unified theories... It's nowhere near my field of expertise...

en.wikipedia.org...

If you have the time, check out the movie Pi, it's not factual, but a decent watch and is useful for opening you up to these concepts.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

I didn't agree, and to this day, I still wouldn't agree with it. So many things in this world come down to luck or through random circumstances. It is something I would really like to believe, but I just don't think it is possible. Nobody can be 100% certain about anything until it has taken place. The future is extremely variable and I doubt such an algorithm can be proven correct.

[edit on 5/6/2009 by Dark Ghost]

For me though I believe there are no such things as luck or coincidences. I think that possibly we could determine this, yet it would take lots of great minds and resources to accomplish this. Maybe though we can not, who is to know till we try. My main point though is that there is no such things as luck or coincidences to me.

Zetetic_of_Truth

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Yes, Pi is a great movie. We had to watch it sophomore year in high school for one of my math classes and I thought it was a brilliant movie.

Here is the link for the plot summary if anyone is interested in it:
www.imdb.com...

Zetetic_of_Truth

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malfeitor
By monitering every weather pattern, societal pattern, and everything else imaginable, I believe a cohesive pattern can be deciphered through which every answer can be attained.

This is known to esoteric schools of thought as "divination" or "scrying." By clouds specifically it is called "nephomancy," or aerial conditions in general "aeromancy."

You'll find a lot of this information is just imaginative suggestions. That's because a great knowledge of forms and patterns in nature is already assumed of the user of these techniques. You can personally gain much insight into shape and form in nature regardless of how society wants to keep up with you or axiomate your personal insights into technical achievements. In fact, when you learn these things deeply enough you discover that it is IMPOSSIBLE for modern science to categorize these things effectively, because of massive basic tenets that are missing and necessary to revitalize the technical sciences.

Sacred geometry and the form of the Tree of Life from Qabbalah (and its associated philosophy, and all other associations) are a good start for learning to decipher forms in nature. Taoist philosophy, including dualities, yin/yang, and even the Christian trinity and lots of scientific literature regarding Platonic solids and etc. is all very good subject materials to consider deeply in their relations to nature.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The issue I see is that while this may be possible (and assuming for the sake of discussion that it is) the equation would be beyond our current level of comprehension and beyond our current technological abilities.

Take pi (the number rather than the movie) for example. Potentially infinite. What mind can comprehend that and still maintain understandably human logic and reason? None yet, that I'm aware of. Though many have tried and you could research their journey for clues on the trials and triumphs that await on that path.

The other issue I see is that perhaps narrowing it down to seemingly major events still leaves many unanswered questions.

Perhaps you know you will be in a car accident in the next two years. What is more difficult to discern is what kind of car are you driving? Is it mechanical failure on the part of the car? Is it driver error? Yours or theirs? What day does it occur on? What time of day? What is the exact location? And so on, and so on...

The way I see it, elements of our lives are planned, not of our will to choice. They will happen. How we reach the circumstances of their happening is choice. There is order in chaos and chaos in order. Remove either and there is no system, no dimension, no measurement and no meaning.

I predict you'll live and then you'll die. Now that you're future is known, what will you do?

Uncertainty can be a pleasure or a pain. Regardless, it's always interesting.

[edit on 5/6/09 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
My idea of it is we ain't supposed to know what's coming down the road. No matter how much trouble or pain we think we could avoid. Or no matter how much it satisfies our curiosity. I believe it is kind of like the theory of quantum physics and the observer. How the observer changes the thing being observed. If we focus our attention on trying to discover the answers to the universe, they sidestep us into possibilities we haven't even begun to consider. Because we are not ready to know. To know is not to learn. Not to experience. And maybe the answers are so simple and right here in front of us. But in this 3rd density we don't have the foggiest notion.

new topics

top topics

join