It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you choose between God Or Technology (a response to Technopalyse)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I Have just watched all three sections of Technopalypse and would like veiwers responses. I was aware of the powerful Technology but the thing that astounded me was the apparent despising of the human species. I have never seen someone argue with such justification for the irradication of the human race.

Christ said you must choose between God and Mammon (the God of money).
It is of course tempting to decide money because it improves our external conditions, but the temptation of future/present technology is that it promises to improve the conditions of what we are as a being.

Would you; being given the choice of "upgrading" ,or being tortured and Killed (,Not a far fetched senario in my opinion,) take up your cross.

Christ was tempted by the devil that he could own the world if he just bowed down to the devil, instead he chose to crucified.

The bible says we will be tested just as Christ was tempted. Can anybody honestly say that they would take that option? Would you still "Love God above all" in the face of torture, and with the promise of etrernal life?

Christ says those who seek to gain there life will loose it and those who loose there life for his sake will gain it. You may in your life time be confronted with the technological promise of living forever, Will you take it?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I suppose the future will tell which is right. Everything we know is finite, and therefore, a wacky religion will be disproved, or a belief in a divine creator proved to be correct. The truth is, none of us know, but again, time will tell.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
No offense meant to you with my opinions as you obviously are religious and I completely respect your beliefs.

I lost mine years ago and now believe that the old view of "God" is for a time gone by where people needed to believe (and were easier to coerce into believing) stories about a vengeful entity and a surprisingly good message of love distributed by a profitable organization.

It also depends on what you mean as God, everyone looks at God differently unless he has been sold to you as a package through an organized religion. Personally I have come to believe that "God" and many of the descriptions of him in the bible have been shown to us by science as what can only be described as 'God'..

While we are told to choose between God and money, this doesn't say anything about not integrating our bodies with technology.. It basically means greed. Transhumanism will become the norm in the near to mid future and not be about greed... and especially seeing as most sins are sins when they are realized by the conscience.. this means that transhumanism is not a sin.. especially when we have been given the intelligence for good people to create such things.

Also, in my opinion, for what its worth, people in positions of power in the community or religious fields who preach that technological advancements are evil are just trying to stem the tide of change. Those preachers use technology to get you that message so are therefore hypocrites... Afraid of losing their income base while still teaching a surprisingly good message.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
For the record Catholic Officials have given support for the Idea that Hybridized Chimeric Clone people should be allowed to be manufactured and walk among us. So the Most Official (,by worldly standards,) of religous power seems to be all for trans-humanism.

In the documentry they say that Darwin was the first to create the split between religion and the church, this is simply not true, at least initially that is. Eugenics agendas where readily preached in the Church, and scientist where orignally skeptical as to whether or not Evalution was even a science at all.

But who cares what the religous institutions think I want to know what you think, my first impression is that people seem very receptive to the idea of getting upgraded.

As a Bible beleiver I know that Christ say that in the future they will kill you and think they do Gods work. I could not have felt that this be a more fitting statement than when the scientist compared the act of not killing billions to deoscide. That is unless we risk killing billions of people, we will kill the dream of a technological God.

One side affect from religon is that people often become aware of there sins and despise themselves for it, this is not what Jesus preached (He preached forgiveness), but is no doubt an effect that occurs. People can become self loathing, even whipping them selves ect.

But in the documentary I sensed an undercurrent of self loathing for ALL mans limitations. This is a truely latently genocidal tendency brewing in mans collective conscience. I for see that in the future this genocidal madness will no doubt become actualised.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

*TechnoCalyps (sorry tired)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
great video, especially the 3-rd part. In my opinion, in the future technology will only help us understand the ideea of God better. I see a great convergence , not yet another split. Just my opinion!

here we go : Google link

unfortunately, 3 parts - 1 hour each!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I respect the Bible, and the words within the Bible, however I am only concerned with God's main commandments, such as the 10 commandments published.

As far as I know, having and using technology is not a sin.

People will probably mention "the tree of knowledge", and how it relates to technology, however, they are misquoting the Bible. It is the "tree of knowledge of good and evil". As far as I know, knowledge of technology can exist independent of knowledge of good or evil.

A new born child has no knowledge of good or evil, so the child's default intentions are based on what hurts or feels good. Every time the child is witness to evil things such as cheating, stealing, and greed, the child is being fed fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Television and movies that display evil plots such as killing, and or other actions which harm others for gain, are subconsciously implanting knowledge of good and evil into the child.

I believe the discipline of "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil", is a form of control over the spread of the knowledge of good and evil. If this discipline was practiced by every single person (mainly adults), than the new generation of children being born wouldn't understand the pros and cons of acts of evil. It would then reverse the butterfly effect of Eve "eating the apple", and evil will become extinct. If someone of that generation was asked "What is stealing?", they would reply "I don't know".

In that pure world without evil, or knowledge of it, technology would not be as dangerous as it is, and also, money wouldn't be as dangerous as it is, because nobody would think about using it in evil ways.

Money is a necessity in this world, believe it or not. Money basically cures the problems created by high population. It is completely natural for a family to do work to support their family, such as farming, mining for building materials, hunting, etc. however in high population areas, and even in small families, not everyone has time, energy, or space to take care of every single task that needs to be done. That is where "trade" comes into play. People will trade work for work, "hey I'll trade you 2 hours of my farming, for 2 hours of your hunting". Money is like the universal way of trading different types of work, and different types of value. Being rich is not a bad thing, nor will it stop you from getting into Heaven, it just means you have either done a lot of work, or your work gained value, and you have an abundance of the ability to trade.

Without the knowledge of good and evil, money is just a form of cooperation, and people working together, to support their daily needs.

With the knowledge of good and evil, money can be used as a weapon, it could make or break people, control people, and if you have an abundance of it (rich) you are essentially wasting valuable work/value that others could benefit from, and you are disrupting the ability of others to trade by temporary taking work/value out of the loop. Also, being wealthy has the ability to teach you more about good and evil, if you already have a bit of the knowledge to begin with.

In the end, it all comes down to the person(s) actions. Neither technology, nor money, is evil. It is all in the mind, and is only evil when the person who has it is evil.

If you are a true follower of Christ, you would know that eternal life can not be obtained via technology, it can only be obtained via Christ's light.

"In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in darkness, and the darkness can never put it out," -John [cf, John 1:4-5]

"I am the light of the world. If any man follow me, he shall not walk in darkness but shall have the light of life," -Christ [cf, John 8:12].

-This is just one of several ways I can look at this subject (opinion)-

[edit on 5-6-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I personally don't see the need to make a choice. I'll take both, myself
I haven't seen that technocalypse thing (or even heard of it before) but I'll look it up. Other than Amish or Hutterites or other religious groups that don't believe in using modern technology, I can't think of any objection to choosing God and technology.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
What you're saying is we should choose death because technology is a trick of the devil. Religions are such a fascinating dogma. They all involve suffering in this life to be happy in the next one. How very convenient for those who pull the puppet strings. Just do what we say now and we'll square up after you die. We don't have any proof but if you don't believe us you'll burn for eternity.

Besides even if God were real. By religious logic God knows everything. God knows the eventual fate of mankind already. God knows every choice you make before you make it otherwise God could not be God. So don't fret everything works out exactly the way God wants it to...right? If mankind fails whose fault is it? Wouldn't be very God like to have a failed experiment now would it?

The only way to truly find God or if/how we were created is through science and we are on the verge of a rEvolution. I say plug me in, but only after beta.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
In my opinion there is no reason to choose between God and Technology.

God is the greatest scientist of all. He created our brains and has given us the ability to use them to better our lives.

Money is not evil. The misuse of money is evil.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by vat0r

Suffering is relative. If you feel that control over yourself 100 percent is suffering, then why even bother to be different than animals?
The "we are born that way" is being used as an excuse more and more, it seems. No responsibility, no effort. Just sadness, no place to get rid of the sadness, then self-pity, which is currently being traded in society almost as much as cash.
We as a people are basing our existence on the easy way out in all aspects of our lives, and it's spreading like wildfire and i'm sick of it.
It's unsustainable.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Why is this is in the science forum? There is no such thing as gods so this is absolutely absurd. Put this in the fairy tales section, you people need to grow up if you still believe in the bogeyman. This forum is for discussing what is real.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the post.

I'm only just finishing the first of the videos.

They're really worth the listen.

Be back later to post in reference to your question s- I just wanted to give you a thanks and a S&F for bringing this to my attention.

Great videos.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
For the record Jesus did not say "HAVE NO MONEY" and I am not saying "HAVE NO TECHNOLOGY" obviously I have plenty already to be posting this forum.

The question is about worship, which will you revere most. Which will you look to to guide your decisions, and your ideas about who you are. Which will you look to for your salvation. Which will you treasure most.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I read a prophecy by Mitar tarabich in which he ended saying "and they will be happy for there will be no more wars". I thought "what could possibly bring this about?"

I asked my Dad he said : Technology
I asked my Mum She said : Religon
I Meditated on it and concluded : God

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
If you've ever been in a lonely(remote) island. Clear, moonless nights, and the surroundings lit by the stars, nice, soft music/singing, you could completely forget about technology and money, it's very beautiful out there!!!

It's like taking a walk in space, in the Universe under God's spectacle, without the burden of space suits and weightlessness!!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The religious will choose technology. If a doctor takes an evangelical pro lifer aside and says "look... you've got 1 month to live maybe 2, but if you take this new foetal stem cell treatment it will cure you." The evangelical will say "and.. uh... there's doctor patient confidentiality right?" The doc says "yes" and the evangelical says "do it!". If new anti-ageing tech appears which requires us to change our "god given" dna for immortality -which is an outright abomination unto the lord.. the evangelicals will be first in line. I look forward to these advances so I can continue to point out and laugh at their undying hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
If new anti-ageing tech appears which requires us to change our "god given" dna for immortality -which is an outright abomination unto the lord.. the evangelicals will be first in line. I look forward to these advances so I can continue to point out and laugh at their undying hypocrisy.

I could agree with you that many Christians are such but genocide has always been rooted to extreme generalization.

So are you an extremist?

I think by all your posts, you are intent on being anti-religion. It can be okay to be anti-religion as long as you don't step on people's rights and/or turn against religious people. Because not all religious people are the same, and we shouldn't be fighting each other!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

I believe religious are a dagger to the heart of human advancement. It does get hard to contain myself because I want the world to be rid of it, so we can move forward to a new era of mankind. An era of unbridled exploration and scientific advancement knowing no boundaries. It often feels like a futile dream and a harsh reality of being stuck on this rock with superstitious, mythical believing loons who try to force us back to the stone ages.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
An era of unbridled exploration and scientific advancement knowing no boundaries.

Religion isn't the obstacle to scientific advancement but man's inherent 'group mentality' thinking. We love to associate ourselves with a group, we are afraid to stand out and bear the responsibility as a individual, to be mocked, and ridiculed. That stiffles creativity.

So if you succeeded in annihilating all religious groups and all religious people off this planet. You'll only be surprised to see that nothing changed except that you just became a mass murderer!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join