It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beef and pork proteins being injected into restaurant chicken meals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Beef and pork proteins being injected into restaurant chicken meals

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/5448066/Beef-and-pork-proteins-being-injected-into-restaurant-chicken-meals.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/url ]

Restaurants have been serving chicken secretly injected with beef and pork proteins, a study by the Food Standards Agency has revealed.

The proteins have been used by food manufacturers as a method of bulking up chicken meat with water. The bovine and porcine protein powders allow the chicken to hold far more water, and gives unscrupulous manufacturers the opportunity to sell their meat at a higher price to wholesalers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Okay so we all have bought fast food and wondered about the quality of it all. So now we know just what has been going on although we all had some feeling that something was not right about the quality.

I guess we should all begin growing hair in weird places and growing extra heads. Well instead of them reporting about it how about those who manufacture this rubbish loose their license and pay a few hundred millions in damages.

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/5448066/Beef-and-pork-proteins-being-injected-into-restaurant-chicken-meals.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I have always been conscious of the stuff they pump into chicken. In the average portion of chicken brest from a supermarket shelf for example you can clearly see it's inflated. I used to poo-poo organic foods as nonsense, but as I've aged, they're definitely a necessity now. It's a bit more expensive, but think of all the crap you're not also eating along with the chicken.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by AR154]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I knew it.
McDonalds had a commercial only a year or two ago which confirmed my worst suspicions. In whis commerical, they showed their famous chicken nuggets, and said "now with real chicken!". Am I the only person who wondered what the hell I'd been eating before-hand?

new topics

top topics

join