It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama at the Pyramids: "No evidence aliens actually built this"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
theres rocks ranging from 10-50 tons

we could not replicate the great pyramid today, with all our technology. theirs many monuments in the world we couldnt build.

it was also underwater at one point, as was the sphinx, provin they were built before the current egypt desert, since if they were formerly underwater, its likely the enviroment was different in that area before, and not a desert.

edit

and for that matter
whos to say aliens built them? i find it much more likely an advanved human civilization built them with their own technology. although aliens givin them technology is also a possibility, i find it less likely than the possibility that people were around a lot longer than we think, civilizations rose, fell collapsed, wiped themselves out and in the past were quite aware of technological matters we havent figured out yet.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by whateverponcho]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I remember reading onetime that even if they had 10s of thousands upon thousands of workers,how would they feed them(they live in a desert)and the theory about using logs in oder to get the blocks on top of each other(where are there tress in the desert)!!lol and if they got them from somewhere else...how??? there isnt any river for transportation near them,i mean maybe back then it was plentyful land or somthing idk plus the shear weight ofthe blocks...but hey im just a person,andi read somewhere that it used to be a white Pyramid with gold on the top,where the gold go...lol somebody stole it?lol

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
the nile rivers right there...ha

but yes i agree 500 miles to drag blocks is much to far.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by whateverponcho]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I find it interesting that President Obama would even bring aliens up. Although I'm sure he said it in a "joking" sense like he always does with aliens and UFOs, at least he's talking about it.

I wish he would make time to visit Roswell, NM during the Anniversary Festival July 2 - 5

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
" No evidence aliens actually built this"
Yeah - that's accurate -

And -
There is no evidence that they didn't.

Kind of like the God thing.
No evidence either way.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Maybe I have become too suspicious of a lot of things lately, but as soon as I saw the news showing Obama at Gizeh, looking at a lookalike carving on the wall, and remarking "look that's me", I could not help thinking that perhaps there is more to the story.

No matter how you look at it, there is a resemblence. He (obama) has some prominent features, that are unmistakable. The mere outline of his head is enough to recognize him. And he just happens to walk in to this striking and ancient image of himself. An image that's at least five thousand years old!

Offcourse there's a perfectly reasonable explaination for all of this, but I have great dificulty convincing myself, there is nothing mystical or symbolic about it. As are the pyramids....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb081c005e99.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71b7bc5c79cc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9dc943a75d69.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5-6-2009 by 2Faced]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, I may not be the smartest person in the world but think about this for a second guys.

We have the Ancient Pyramids at Giza that were supposedly built by the Ancient Egyptians. 100,000 slaves to be exact in a span of 22 years. The case would be they had technology that we can't even fathom today. Hence, if we gathered 100,000 people today and tried to recreate the Great Pyramid, we would fail horribly. Engineers, Architects, Construction Workers, Historians all agree. This would be difficult to build and take us way more than 22 years. But I, like all other human beings, have the same percentage of being wrong when it comes to mysteries and conspiracies so.....

But.....

Think about Stonehenge. That was not built by Egyptians.

Easter Island. Also, not Egyptians.

Mayan Pyramids. Again, not Egyptians.

All people are in different corners of the world and never knew the other existed. How in the world can these people build such monuments with stunning mathematical accuracy? Also, why were these cultures so fascinated with the sky?

Pyramids are much more than a tomb if I recall right. I remember reading that some Archaelogists believe they are some sort of compass. Also the point of Stonehenge and the Easter Island Heads.

So what is this technological secret that is not alive today???
I guess it could be ET's and Obama is no Alien Scholar. He may be just as clueless as all the rest of us or, he just may be lying.

I personally think it's the Nephilim. Giants born from Fallen Angels of Heaven that mated with mankind's women as told in the Bible. But I believe in God and that theory seems to fit so that's what I'm going with.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The pyramids may or may or have had alien involvement in their construction, I for one was not present at the time of construction so I cannot say. However, if anyone here knows of Edward Leedskalnin (born 1887 and died in 1951), he may have a clue in the mystery of how these massive pyramids were made. He has many theories on using magnetism, and he built the Coral Castle in Florida. Over the span of 20 years, he constructed the castle with over 1,100 tons of coral, sculpting and cutting the blocks and moving them into place, while working alone at night. He even moved the castle 10 miles 10 years after he built it. One of the doors in his structure (everything is made out of coral blocks that weigh tons) can even be moved be a 5 year old child, a feat which modern engineers would struggle at. I believe that Leedskalnin (who was a Latvian immigrant) knew the ancient techniques that have become lost over the ages. The old civilizations had a much higher understanding of magnetism than we thought, I remember a history channel special on ancient inventions where a greek or roman temple had a chariot that was lifted magnetically when it reached the foot of a statue of a god (which signified that it was sunrise, as the sunlight would reach the head of the statue, illuminating it while the chariot was lifted by a gigantic magnetic block above).

Here is a video of Edward Leedskalnin

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
OK, I would love for someone to explain to me why, if the ancient folks (whoever they were) or aliens who build the Giza pyramids possessed such amazing, remarkable technology, why did they build stone structures, just like every other darn ancient civilization, be they the Stonehenge folks or the Inca?

If they had such amazing facility with materials engineering, why not build something truly and absolutely unprecedented, like a structure 2000 feet tall, with a square footprint a mile long on each side, made of some exotic metal like uranium?

I've seen a single man, using simple tools and movements, single-handedly lift and move ten-ton slabs of cut rock, so I wonder why, given a few generations of a bunch of really smart folks applying their minds and energies to nothing else, they couldn't have figured out a way that we moderns just can't imagine.

Further, we have found many of their quarries for cutting rock for the monuments and such, and there's plenty of evidence that they didn't have any special directed-energy particle beams cutting stuff, so why would any wise person assume that wouldn't have used amazing technologies for every step of their grandiose building projects, and not just the pyramids, if they had them in the first place?

Essentially, I think the aliens-built-the-pyramids meme is totally bunk simply because aliens would have had the capacity to build something SO much more monumental than a five-sided pile of rock bricks no taller than the Washington Monument in D.C.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am a believer that aliens built the pyramids, the accuracy that they were built ie the angles and the placement.
seen the documentary on history channel and the facts are amazing and cant be missed one of them please correct me if im wrong but for them to build them in 22 years of hard labour it was calculated a block was had to have been laid every 2minutes. Dont believe the theory on how the blocks were moved...
Another intresting thing is the egyptians keep records of all history but nothing was documented on who built the pyramids which is strange as it surely is one major event in egyptian history.
Also the ancient egyptian pictures show beings with large heads and also craft like objects. Does anyone have any fact that these are fakes? please post!!!
Also the pyramids shown on mars fascinating as im a believer that earth and mars were in contact in the past

Someone please reply as i am a new member and find it hard to talk to people about my beliefs and strongly believe we are so close to a breakthrough from ONE government in the near future,

much appreciated

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I do agree with you on Obama being just a man, but the fact that he is the President of the U.S and everything he says is on camera, especially him seeing as he's very into photo ops. What's got my attention is why he would even mention it, and why is it attached to an article that isn't even about what he said.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Lumina
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I do agree with you on Obama being just a man, but the fact that he is the President of the U.S and everything he says is on camera, especially him seeing as he's very into photo ops. What's got my attention is why he would even mention it, and why is it attached to an article that isn't even about what he said.

Do agree with you, strange he would bring the point up.. i am very enyvious of Obama as i believe he knows many answers we are all looking to find

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

Well there is no strong evidence they did, so I don't see a problem with that statement. I personally think it is highly possible they did at least help but if I was asked in an official position I would have said the same.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

I guess if Obama has said it, then it must be true! Personally, I've always been on the fence on this one, whether or not aliens actually built them. But I do think there is a connection. So much for disclosure from the President, or is this just to warm us up. After all, he didn't say anything about there not being an alien connection. I did see the picture he was talking about that looked like him, but I cannot find it, but the resemblence is rather striking!

news.yahoo.com...

Re the underlined above

He didn't mention anything about cooking good Italian food does that also mean he is a secret Pasta Chef? NO!! you people want to get a grip on reality!
Now its seems that if someone DOESN'T mention something that means there is a link GROW UP!

Wake up on the floor or something? Sand in the crotch? Aren't we a little irritable, just take it easy, take some pamprin and it will all be ok. If you do not have anything to contribute to the discussion with people who are actually interested in the topic, then don't bother chiming in? Pretty simple right? I would explain myself, but since I don't cater to illiterate fools who don't think before they post, then I won't be wasting my time enlightening you. Everyone else got it, but you, so that tells me I was pretty clear on what I meant. Perhaps following your own advice would maybe get you a little further in your own personal development.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Hey Darth thanks for the article.

It's strange the way they titled it and yet in the body of the article there is no further explanation of the statement itself or the context in which he made it.

Weird.

I guess if Obama has said it, then it must be true!

Well...is there any evidence that "aliens" built the pyramids?
I didn't think we had any concrete proof to verify that claim.

He's right.
At least from the stand point of the general public information.

There could be secret proof somewhere but how would we know about it?

So much for disclosure from the President, or is this just to warm us up.

I really wouldn't look too much into this statement. It almost seems so irrelevant that I wonder why they chose to make it the title of the article. It isn't even thoroughly detailed in the article itself. I was kind of hoping for more elaboration but the only part of the article that deals with his statement IS the very title of the article. Perhaps this was to gain attention? I don't know.

Anyway, it sounds sort of off the cuff, and not part of some sort of complex plan.

Keep in mind though, the beginnings of the disclosure of governmental proof of advanced "alien" life doesn't have to even include this subject at all. I think if aliens built the pyramids and this was hidden that would be a "detail" of the disclosure but simply verifying that "aliens" exist and are a part of this world and it's technological/cultural evolution throughout history is enough to get the process going.

After that, then we can go throughout history and make the connections to their alleged influences.

It would be kind of a roundabout way to disclose the fact that "aliens" built the pyramids THEN explain who the hell the "aliens" are.

Then again our leaders do some wild junk from time to time so who knows how they will let the Martian cat out of the Venusian bag.

- Lee

My pleasure, found this at around 2am and sure enough it disappeared after I had started the thread. The fact that the title didn't match the article is what raised my eyebrow. In fact, I had read it a few more times, checked to see if there was another page, but there wasn't. I even searched for related articles that went with the title, including video, but there was nothing I could find. So why would they do that? Maybe to get us aliens and ufo nuts riled up perhaps lol.

I agree that he is right that there isn't any solid proof, but since we have only a title of an article to work with, he doesn't rule it out either. I've personally been on the fence about aliens or humans building the pyramids, so I keep an open mind on either possiblity. I am leaning towards advanced civilization and alien connections personally, but they aren't etched in stone beliefs either. I've been doing my own research for some time, and obviously you end up with a ton more questions than answers.

On the disclosure reponse you made to my post, that is sort of where I'm standing too. Is it him doing the usual government downplaying of ET's or was it just something to butter us up with in the future, or was it most likely just some comment he made and some reporter just put that as a title, for whatever reason. He may not even have been on record when he said it. I'm hoping in our time the record does finally get straighted out, because I think alot of us are just ready to finally know. Thank you for reply.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under_Contact
reply to post by Darth Lumina

The civilizations of those times were in contact with ET's just like some are in contact with ET's today.

People have intentionally kept this information from the world just like they are keeping secrets about contact with ET's today.

There are hieroglyphics that have been interpreted to show just that, contact with ET's. There's a lot riding on the currently accepted stories. The Jewish people believe they were in bondage to the Egyptians and one common misperception is that they were forced into building Egyptian monuments while in bondage.

Ancient Egyptian legends tell of Tep Zepi, or the First Time. This is described as an age when "sky gods" came down to Earth and raised the land from mud and water. They supposedly flew through the air in flying "boats" and brought laws and wisdom to man through a royal line of pharaohs. - excerpted from "Egyptian Pyramids Alien UFO Connection" netscientia.com

Egyptian Pyramids Alien UFO Connection

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

This is something I have questioned for years, but cannot find any answers. I have my theories on what could possibly have happened, such as possibly records are still to be found (hall of records possibly?) or maybe thieves had taken them centuries ago. Could the Egyptian government have gotten their hands on it and are keeping it from the public because they don't want the world to know how they were built? Could invading armies, explorers and whoever else have either stolen such records or were they destroyed by accident or on purpose? Again, so many questions, no answers.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I have often wondered if the methods he had used to build that, were the same methods used to build the pyramids. If that is the truth, then obviously that is a little far off than thinking aliens had built them. I never rule out any possiblities.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

It is very curious why he would mention it, but why on an article that doesn't elaborate? It could have been an off the record comment, but obviously he had said more than just this and I'm sure there was more of a discussion about it. I have searched to see if there is an alternate article somewhere that get's into that statement. I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything else.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
There's no evidence Obama was actually born in America, it may in fact be that he's an (illegal) alien.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join