It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama at the Pyramids: "No evidence aliens actually built this"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Under_Contact

Most of the technology we have today comes from ET's.

It really annoys me if people make this "statement" especially if do not provide any proof.

Originally posted by Under_Contact
We could easily re-create the pyramids with the technology we have today however that technology is being kept from the world and will probably never see day light for another 20-30yrs. (Guesstimation)

Laser technology is what cut the stones, anti-gravity was used in placement of the stones. This technology was given to man by ET in those times, just like that technology has been given to man by ET in these times.-)

I don't know what you do for a living but I believe I read in articles that experts in engineering say it will be virtually impossible for us to build the pyramids using current technology.

I think it's pretty arrogant to think that because we cannot build it with current technology, ancient man cannot do it without modern technology. They used methods or equipment that for some reason or other weren't documented or couldn't be documented, i.e. whatever abilities they used were considered natural and unnecessary to document.

Laser technology? Prove it.

Anti-gravity is another matter. I'm sure most people know the party trick where 4 people lift a person (regardless of their mass) with their pinkies. I believe something in that line was used. Some long-lost human ability to nullify gravity at a specific point for a period of time.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I believe something in that line was used. Some long-lost human ability to nullify gravity at a specific point for a period of time.

That is an interesting theory , specially if you take time looking through actual research that is being done today on psychic abilities , showing how every person in the planet has a potential for those.

Maybe in those times they had that kind of power fully developed , who knows?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The fact that he mentioned aliens at all seems significant to me. I don't think Joe Public is aware that there has been a debate for some time about the origins of the pyramids. So he is referencing some pretty "out there" theories which aren't exactly in the public consciousness.

At least I find this interesting.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What do you call the title of the article...a teaser or a fabrication used to grab readers. Where did he say a thing about ET or aliens, not in that article.

It seems to me that if I had the chance to see something as awe inspiring as the pyramids, jokes would not be part of the trip. I guess if you are able to sky rocket from obscurity to the "leader of the free world" one of the seven wonders wouldn't bring much awe to your heart.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
why would the president say something like that? :O
wow thats reallys trange and interesting

whats the image they are talking about.... i really want to see this "look a like"

S&F for you OP

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Darth Lumina

Duh, none of us know how the pyramids were built, but what has been fairly generally agreed is that men would not have had the power or machinery to move those huge stones and assemble them so precisely in the exact spots they are in, in lines from the stars to whatever etc.

OK, who built them? It was either a race of advanced giants (Titans) or aliens.

And for Obama to say there is no evidence - duh, again, we had noticed.

The duhs in this post are directed at Obama, not you lol.

lol I was beginning to worry there for a minute. But yes, your questions are the real ones. Could it have been thousands of slaves? Maybe, it would definitely be an impressive feat. Could it have been an advanced race that doesn't exist anymore, very likely. As I mentioned before, whether aliens built them or not, I still think they were involved in one way or another. There has got to be some "how to build the great pyramid" book buried somewhere around there. lol. But if there were records, which I find puzzling cause everything was well documented and explained, but where is this for the pyramids? Could it be that the Egyptian government may have gotten their hands on it and disposed of the records, or could it have been any of the invading armies, explorers, etc either found such records and destroyed them out of fear or by accident. So many theories!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by Darth Lumina

Gee he must be perdy smart to have a degree in ancient biology...and the way they wrote the "hey that looks like me" made it sound kind of ironic in a way that kinda..well..creeped the hell outt me lol.

I agree tho that maaaaaybe he's just doing this to get some more awareness out there. Playing the politician, ya know? they gotta see what the reaction to truth will be before the allow us to hear it.

No, I'm sure Hawass talked his ear off about it, "no aliens built the pyramids, it was the ancient Egyptians!" But I do agree with the picture, I didn't creep me out, it was very funny though. That was what got me. The article doesn't even talk about the headline, but why even have it put out there? There have been disclosure rumors, there always is, but this is the first time in recent memory I've heard the POTUS even make a mention of aliens. Maybe we'll start hearing more alien or ufo comments from him and that this could all be a gradual step to break the news. Butter us up enough so that when they actually come out and say it, it won't be as much of a shock.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
leedskalnin was saying he found out how "they" (whoever that was) made that possible

en.wikipedia.org...

www.leedskalnin.com...

www.scribd.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
He should grab some black ops money and build one , and then say they werent build by aliens.. Haha !!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

and the romans had concrete

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Frankly I'm getting more than a little tired of the constant chant that brown people can't stack rocks.

Wrong!!!! The "slaves" in ancient Egypt were not all "brown people" they were mixed races from conquests.

Just to point that out, but I imagine that you know that very well.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by Darth Lumina
I guess if Obama has said it, then it must be true! Personally, I've always been on the fence on this one, whether or not aliens actually built them. But I do think there is a connection. So much for disclosure from the President, or is this just to warm us up. After all, he didn't say anything about there not being an alien connection. I did see the picture he was talking about that looked like him, but I cannot find it, but the resemblence is rather striking!

news.yahoo.com...

Re the underlined above

He didn't mention anything about cooking good Italian food does that also mean he is a secret Pasta Chef? NO!! you people want to get a grip on reality!
Now its seems that if someone DOESN'T mention something that means there is a link GROW UP!

Dude chill out, all he said was that Obama never used the words aliens, extraterrestrials, green men or anything in this article. In fact after reading the article, I don't know how they can even justify putting the word alien in the title... I mean "Obama Refuses to Ride Camel", would be more appropriate than the title they gave to it.

Obama at the Pyramids: "No evidence aliens actually built this".... Shouldn't he have actually had to mention something about aliens in order for this title to be relevant? All he said is he saw a hieroglyph that looked like him... OOOOH! ........

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Wrong!!!! The "slaves" in ancient Egypt were not all "brown people" they were mixed races from conquests.

Just to point that out, but I imagine that you know that very well.

Which doesnt really matter considering all evidence points to the Egyptians themselves working the pyramids, not slaves.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have the feeling that if Obama said it looks like Aliens had a hand in building the pyramids all those who are saying what does he know would be singing a differant tune.

I don't think we would hear the "he's not an engineer" excuse.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

Yes you are right because in the hierarchy of ancient Egypt the lower classes were also treated like slaves.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lannock
Modern man has been spoilt so badly by cranes and technology that our modern brains cannot comprehend the possibility that it was built without (modern electric) machinery.

Well when they built the Aswan Dam they had to move two huge statues. They tried to lift them using steel cables and a Sikorsky Sky Crane

The result? They could not lift them in one piece, so had to cut them into smaller sections to move them before the area was for ever flooded.

Now how did these tens of thousands of slaves move these in a single piece from a quarry 500 miles away?

Just asking

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeraphone
I think you guys are missing the point totally.

The President of the United States has said there is no evidence to suggest the Pyramids were built by Aliens.

He did not say Aliens don't exist.

In my opinion, read between the lines, he is admitting he at least thinks Aliens DO exist, if you are the most powerful man in the world and have access to this kind of information, if Aliens were NOT real, why would you even reference them?

Read between the lines.

You've got to admit. This is the first ever mention I can recall of Obama talking about aliens. It was a very curious statement and does suggest that Obama is perhaps "open to the idea" of the existence of aliens.

There is no reason to take this as evidence that Obama will disclose anything about UFOs and aliens, although it might suggest that he may be aware people are talking about this.

It was a relatively non-controversial statement. I would have been worried if he had said, "The Egyptian Pharohs could not possibly have built this with their Hebrew slaves! It therefore must have been built by Lord Yahweh himself! Praise the Lord!"

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Now how did these tens of thousands of slaves move these in a single piece from a quarry 500 miles away?

A helicopter is ineffiecent as a heavy duty loader. Max load is like 10 tonnes: nothing when you work large stones. You can drag loads heavier than that with plain manpower.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lannock Some long-lost human ability to nullify gravity at a specific point for a period of time.

Not that lost... I use it a lot when lifting heavy loads... just ask anyone at my work who have seen me...

Sadly I was only ever able to pass this on to one person, a young Israeli immigrant who actually picked it up quickly.

If anyone wants to try it... (though its hard to show in words) here is the method..

NOTE: Pick an object not too heavy, say just a little over what you can normally comfortably lift... wouldn't want to strain yourself on the first try

Okay he is an 'ancient secret' that I will probaly get flak for for posting openly, but I don't expect many to pay attention anyway, so maybe one of you will learn something.

Stand in front of the object to lift... clear your mind and breath slowly... arms limp at your side...

Now palms up and slowly bring your hand up to your chest... put strain on them as if you were lifting something,

When at your chest, bring them slowly together till the palms touch... press them together.

(at this point you should already feel a little tingling.)

Now bring them back out to your side still at chest level and palms down slowly push down, pretend you are pushing down HARD on something... feel the strain in your muscles at the same time exhale fully.

(at this point your skin on the arms should have goosebumps and you feel a strong tingling)

Now right after go an lift the object...

Careful though... you will have more energy than you are prepared for.

If any actually try this, U2U me the results. I hear so much talk of people seeking 'truth' but little action. Now here is your chance. This works on the same principle as the party chair trick (the way that is done is one person presses down on the shoulders of the person sitting, when he releases, then the others lift with their pinky)

Its all about energy transference. But how much better to develop a skill rather than a mere party trick?

[edit on 5-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lannock

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by Lannock

well, they've recreated those types of machines many times. I don't believe that with the extensive history of scientific discovery at the disposal of todays physicists/hobbyists, that they wouldn't be able to recreate it.
Also, getting it sooo level and soo square..like, today i watched a documentary on the longbow, apparently egypts greatest weapon against the hittites under rhamsese the second. I can't for the life of me believe that if they could build pyramids like that they'd be unable to incorporate that genius into some sort of weapon.

edit: a weapon better than a bow an arrow, which, according to the report, the they the idea of.

You are "guilty" of what I mentioned in my first post. You have a modern brain "poisoned" by technology which refuses to believe that "simple" man is capable of such marvels.

"Belief" is a powerful thing. If I can point you at the extreme of "belief". I hope you watched the original Star Wars movies. Yoda moves the figther with his mind and Luke says "I don't believe it". Master Yoda replies "That is why you couldn't do it."

Our modern brains is also the main reason most people refuse to believe in ancient civilizations. The modern brain says "we do not find any ancient TVs, cds or computers therefore ancient advanced civilizations are impossible".

Lol. I'm a carpenter by trade. I use physics, with my hands, every day. I grew up in a small town, don't own a tv or cell phone, or even a car. I was taught to question everything, and that the truth is the ultimate goal, and everything else is just details

One of the various duties i perform is lifting prebuilt roofs on top of 2-3 story dwellings. There are maybe 500-1000 lbs (max) lbs per lift, and most of the mechanical cranes have trouble lifting them to the opposite side of the house. Roof sheeting can only be lifted when the destination is a short horizontal distance away, or a cantalever effect is created.
To me, cancelling out the cantellever effect of lifting something like this is amazing, yet you seem to think that we're all stupid nowadays and don't know what we're talking about.
How much experience do you have in the subject?
Do you have somewhere the method they used to accomplish these feats, or do you just have faith in what YOU believe?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join