It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Courts: Tasing allowed to force compliance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Courts: Tasing allowed to force compliance.

www.buffalonews.com

Smith was handcuffed and sitting on the floor of Niagara Falls Police Headquarters when he was zapped with the 50,000- volt electronic stun gun after he insisted he would not give a DNA sample.

He already had given a sample, a swab of the inside of his cheek, without protest the previous month. But police sent it to the wrong lab
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
"Although there are no New York cases specifically dealing with using a Taser to accomplish that, the judge did find a Wyoming case where a court ruled it was legal to use a Taser to force a suspect to open his hand for a search"

So apparently cops have a license to taser anytime for anything if they suspect you. They didn't just shock him and take it while he was incapacitated. They shocked him, waited for him to regain control of himself and asked him again. Applying pain to get the result they want, hmmm where have I heard this before?

Tasers are suppose to be used in a situation where guns would have otherwise been used or if the person becomes violent. I agree the guy should be locked up for the crimes he did, however the police had no right to do this. If a person doesn't comply with a court order, they normally goto jail, not take a beating or taser. I guess it's a brave new world now that physical violence is now used to force compliance, even if you are passively resisting. It's A-OK by the courts standards. Every other week we always lose some right, where will it end?

www.buffalonews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ragnarak

Good, do-gooder, they should be able 'taze at will'.
A healthy fear of the cops is a good way to keep a society operating effectively.
This westernised society that e live in, only exists because our laws WERE enforced. Laws that allowed this society to become what it has. And nowadays, our laws are NOT enforced, and a big reason for this (apart from left-wing, politically-correct do-gooders) is because cops have now got too many limitatons on them as to how they can treat these 'scum'. I say 'scum' because if you're in the cells, or if you've been pulled over, or if a cop is at your house, THEN YOU"VE DONE SOMETHING TO WARRANT THE ATTENTION OF THE POLICE, so you're just a criminal scum and the cop SHOULD be able to make you do whatever he pleases (he's a cop, not an idiot, he's going to ask you to do anything illegal).
If cops were scary, would you want their attention? If prison guards were super-scary, would you want to be in prison?
A healthy 'fear' of cops would DETER criminals, how is that a bad thing?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand

Good, do-gooder, they should be able 'taze at will'.
A healthy fear of the cops is a good way to keep a society operating effectively.
A healthy 'fear' of cops would DETER criminals, how is that a bad thing?

You're kidding, right? I mean, that has to be sarcastic. It's hard to tell over the internet.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

No, I'm serious.
If people 'feared' the police, then they wouldn't break the law.

How on Earth can that be a bad thing?

If the cops come to question you, you have obviously done something to warrant their attention, so if they wanna taze you for not giving dna, then so be it, give them your dna and you won't be tazed, it's not rocket science.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

Wow. No wonder the police get away with doing the things that they do, because of people like you that feel that they should have the power to do whatever the hell they want to people BEFORE being judged by our criminal system. The only job of the police force is and should be to Enforce the Laws, thats it. What these cops are doing is far past enforcing the laws, what they are doing is being the executioners and hired gangsters.
Oh and to top it off...You keep talking about these far left people who deserve it, yet it is the far left that is the reason that the cops are behvaing in such a manner. More Govt-More control-More Laws-More cops.
I thought you would have known that being to the right of the political scale. Our cops have turned into soldiers that Hitler would be creaming himself over. Hitler was, you guessed it Far Left.
Just remember something friend
INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

The courts are weak, that's why peole commit more crimes today-they get away with it.

I would rather execute 10 innocent men than to let ONE guilty man go free.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

yeaaaaa. ok

Three Lines-nothing more to add.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Unbelievable

I honestly can't believe that a judge actually made such a ruling. Well i guess we're really in for it now
If we thought the cops were going taser crazy before, just wait until they all find out about this
I seriously hope that judge ends up on the receiving end of a taser

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NathanNewZealand
reply to post by Common Good

The courts are weak, that's why peole commit more crimes today-they get away with it.

I would rather execute 10 innocent men than to let ONE guilty man go free.

with that line of thinking you better hope your not one of the 10 innocents that get killed so 1 guilty person doesn't go free.

some people these days i tell you.

people like yourself should be seen and not heard.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Applying pain to get the results one wants is what is commonly know as TORTURE. It was only a matter of time before some dick head judge or some idiot legislator made it legal against citizens.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I can see it now, front page/cnn/fox:

Man Tasers Judge After Gettin' the Taze from Trippin' Cop.

In fact, I'm already gettin antsey.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Quick, somebody call New Zealand, a madman has just escaped the looney bin.

I am nowhere near the far left, the center left, nor even the right left, and I find your claims crazy... You rather have 10 good men/women murdered than let one guilty man/woman escape?.... For crying out loud... are you out of your rockets man?....

BTW, I have never been in jail, I have never been in the crosshairs of the law, except when I was applying to be a cop, and I still find the claims of the New Zealand man to be nothing more than despicable, and the rantings of a madman.

I wonder if you would claim the same thing if it was you who was being tasered when the police were knocking at your door and meanwhile they found out if they were at the right address they continued to taser you just in case...

Never mind, don't awnser, I can tell what your awnser would be...you would be asking to be tasered, and tasered again until you died claiming you deserved it, and I would agree with that sentence. Well, not with the dying part, but with the part about you getting tasered....

[edit on 5-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Please someone else tell me they can see this one coming. "You don't want to come with me to the FEMA deathcamp?" Zap! "How about now?" or "You don't want the mandatory flu vaccine that secretly has the cyanide laced RFID chip in it?" Zap! "How about now?" Seriously, it's like the government is practically begging us to defend ourselves against their tainted "peace keeping" flunkies. I know I sure as hell would, I got a gun and permit just in case. Sick bastards...

top topics

join