It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bing.com, Your thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Hello all. I have been seeing more and more of the new Bing.com and was really wondering what the minds on ATS thought of this new site. The commercials say they are here to make our decisions for us. And I am not saying I totally believe in the whole controlling the people through media and what not but watching these commercials they do seem to have almost a brain washing quality to them. So that being said Ill toss up a couple links to their commercials and their site. And I hope to hear what all of your thoughts are on this new site.

Commercial 1

Commercial 2

Bing.com

[edit on 4-6-2009 by 1Veritas]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think Bill Gates stole yet another idea... I saw a thread here on ATS about a new type of search engine that was supposed to "Revolutionize" the way we search... I did not think much of it at the time because it looked like it was set up like wiki only not something anyone could edit....

However bing.com looks exactly like what that thread was talking about only it was not a micro$oft project..

Thats my two cent on it... Bill gates is no genius only an intellectual thief.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Are you talking about wolframalpha there? Wolframalpha is another new search engine which is said to also revolutionize searching but I was a little unsure if you ment that or Bing, just thought Id get clairification.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I think Bing is great if you want to view pr0n easily and conveniently without the advertisements and malware of visiting the actual pr0n sites themselves. It's a Fox News link but the same article is ubiquitous on the web

I think Microsoft faces a tough sell when Norton is already advising users to Block Bing, MS is overriding user defaults in browsers and setting it as the default Search Engine (violating the terms of several Anti-Trust agreements with other nations), and well, it's Microsoft ('nuff said there!).

It also doesn't help that they are already filtering and censoring the results of user searches (both arbitrarily for self-interests, as well as to cave in to the whims of foreign nations). Net Neutrality Bing.com certainly is not!

I'm not a fan of Google anymore either...but I still prefer Google Squared.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Yah, you're thinking about Wolfram Alpha.. its like a mathematical engine, you can ask it questions about things and it will tell you abunch of different info. It's decent, but it is still basic and the content is highly regulated by the company obviously.

Anyways, I watched the commercial, then went to the site. I then typed one of the examples they were saying in the commercial "Plane Tickets"...

What happened next?

While, it brought me to a replica google page, 3 'highlighted' results at the top, list of results, google ads on the right hand side.

Revolutionary difference?

Is the BING logo and top/sidebar... amazing.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Perhaps perhaps but I am still not impressed with a new type of search engine. IMHO to find what your wanting to find from any search engine just takes a little common sense and diligence.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by titorite

Gates isn't a thief, he probably purchased the rights to it.
With billions at your disposal you can pretty much buy anything you want.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
After exploring the site some it does definitly look like a poorly desguised google. Microsoft must feel they have to have a major hand in every public technological area. After seeing what the site has I am a little surprised one of the major overtones of the commercials is a focus on letting them make your decisions for you, they leave out a lot of what the site does.

Also what are your thoughts on the two commercials. Do you think they are in a sense showing us how docile and following we are to media like the hulu commercials for instance. Or is there some other tactic, mundane or otherwise, that they are focusing on. To me it seems like they are following hulu tactics which can raise a lot of question to what is there reasoning behind the new tactic of portraying the public as mindless followers. Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Well, if you type in UFO Conspiracy in Bing's search engine, ATS comes in at number 4. Just a little more tweaking and I am sure we'll be number 1 in know time.

Wait a minute ... if it came up number one, would that make any sense?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I like it after only using it for one day

I like the graphics, much nicer than googles scary looking cartoon characters.

All in all for me, it has a nicer feel than google,

I also like the name, bing, its cute...

top topics

join