It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paralysed stroke victim cured with Botox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Paralysed stroke victim cured with Botox

www.timesonline.co.uk

A stroke victim who has been paralysed for more than two decades can walk again after being injected with Botox.

Russell McPhee was a healthy meat worker who played football, cricket and basketball when, at the age of 26, he collapsed suddenly at work. When he woke in hospital he was told he had suffered a stroke and would never walk again.

His rapid improvement came after treatment with Botox, or botulinum toxin injections at the St John of God Nepean Rehabilitation Hospital in Franks
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This is interesting.

I wonder if this could work in other areas. Also, what does this say about Strokes?

If they just cause the muscles to contract then is the stroke patient really paralyzed? This is vs. a person who breaks his back or neck and becomes paralyzed.

This is more of the article:

Professor Olver, who is the medical director of Epworth Rehabilitation in Victoria, said: “We use botulinum toxin routinely for patients with spasticity which has been caused by stroke, brain damage or heart disease.

“Sometimes the spasticity is so severe we inject those muscles with botulinum toxin which relaxes the muscles enough to allow a physiotherapist to strengthen and stretch them."

Very interesting and after 2 years in a wheelchair.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Being human sucks!

We are the most fragile things in existence, strokes, cancers, millions of other types of diseases just waiting to infect us, kill us, paralyze us, wtf ??

Really, this dude had a stroke at 26, I am 26, and I smoke and drink, it feels like my stroke or heart attack is right around the corner,, perhaps ballsack cancer for me ?

Or any of the other millions of diseases I can contract and die from ?

Sometimes it feels as if dying would just be the most wonderful thing ever, to be free of this infected disgusting, weak sack of meat I am stuck in.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SkitzoFrenic

Sounds like you should get out and enjoy your life. Maybe get a motorcycle and take a three day cruise or whatever else to get you moving. Do something,anything to get you out of your self loathing.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I'm too busy working, trying to earn money to pay the rent, buy food, pay taxes, more taxes, more taxes and then some more taxes.

Then when i buy the motorcycle i have to pay even more taxes, pay more tax to get that license, spend a fortune on petrol and then some more taxes.

No i'm fine, it just hit with me that that dude was 26, and i'm also 26...

it's scary

top topics

join