It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

White House Set to Appoint a Pay Czar

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

White House Set to Appoint a Pay Czar


online.wsj.com

WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration plans to appoint a "Special Master for Compensation" to ensure that companies receiving federal bailout funds are abiding by executive-pay guidelines, according to people familiar with the matter.

(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yet another czar.

Something is not right. Obama is running companies and controlling advertising budgets. He has more czars than the Romanovs.

I think the American people have their heads in the sand. They know we can't afford this massive spending but they smile. They smile as Obama "Changes" America to a Fascist state.

There's no way a President should have this much control over private industry.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Are all the jobs President Obama plan on creating going to be White House Official posistions?

Pretty soon they are going to have to expand the West Wing.



posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Are all the jobs President Obama plan on creating going to be White House Official posistions?

Pretty soon they are going to have to expand the West Wing.


Man! I'm really interested to know the reason why they are soo hooked on these Czar titles in the U.S?

Do they admire the Romanovs or what?



posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous
 


Honestly I think Glenn Beck started the czar thing as a determental name and it kind of took off. I'm not 100% on that though.

czar (zär, tsär)
n.
1. also tsar or tzar (zär, tsär) A male monarch or emperor, especially one of the emperors who ruled Russia until the revolution of 1917.
2. A person having great power; an autocrat: "the square-jawed, ruddy complacency of Jack Farrell, the czar of the Fifteenth Street police station" Ernest Hemingway.
3. Informal An appointed official having special powers to regulate or supervise an activity: a racetrack czar; an energy czar.


If you read definition #3 it kind of fits.



posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well the Drug Czar has been such a crackerjack success... why not bring the intelligence, approach, and success of the drug war into our economy and finances.


[edit on 4-6-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]



posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by Chevalerous
 


Honestly I think Glenn Beck started the czar thing as a determental name and it kind of took off. I'm not 100% on that though.

czar (zär, tsär)
n.
1. also tsar or tzar (zär, tsär) A male monarch or emperor, especially one of the emperors who ruled Russia until the revolution of 1917.
2. A person having great power; an autocrat: "the square-jawed, ruddy complacency of Jack Farrell, the czar of the Fifteenth Street police station" Ernest Hemingway.
3. Informal An appointed official having special powers to regulate or supervise an activity: a racetrack czar; an energy czar.


If you read definition #3 it kind of fits.


Ahh! yeah #3 fits these definition of the appointed officials!


Thanks! I didn't knew! I just thought WTF is up with all this Czar stuff!



posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous
 


It's not the Czar title that struck me as much as "Special Master for Compensation". Special Master???? It sounds like a master/slave relationship to me.

Oh wait... I forgot it IS a slave/master relationship.



posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
reply to post by Chevalerous
 


It's not the Czar title that struck me as much as "Special Master for Compensation". Special Master???? It sounds like a master/slave relationship to me.

Oh wait... I forgot it IS a slave/master relationship.


Great find!
that was the best sick titles yet!


Aaahh! these people are hilarious! - I can't wait to see the next awsome & incredible title they come up with!



posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Noticed the BBC are also starting to use the Tsar thing, used it regarding Alan Sugar the other day.

Are these official titles used by the governments, or buzzwords being used by the media?




top topics



 
0

log in

join