It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End Tooth Sensitivity - Forever (Cure Discovered)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by findlesticks

I believe it is the sodium laurel sulfate, which is a sudsing agent. There are mixed reviews on that one though. That is why alot of natural cleaners and soaps that don't contain it don't produce as much foam or bubbles, hence, alot of people think if there's not bubbles, it's not clean - just mental conditioning.

I love the Xyliwhite toothpaste and the nature's answer PerioWash.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger28

I do use it with baking soda from time to time (it can be abrasive on the gum line, but really destroys any remnants of tartar build-up), as well as Tom's or Jason- the only issue I've found in through research in using the sonic toothbrush with baking soda (and peroxide toothpastes) is that it "should be avoided as they contribute to cracks in the upper portion of the handle."

Let me know if you find any info to the contrary! :-)
---

A couple more notes:

- Some people have issues with salicylate sensitivity (salicylates are found in most commercial toothpastes)
www.salicylatesensitivity.com...

- I also add Mineral Sea Salt (from Brittany France) to my diet and rinse with it (salt water) periodically. Some add it to their oral care regime in assisting with the flow of saliva, which carries vital enzymes that naturally destroy bacteria and clean the teeth.
www.curezone.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by Kailassa

Gee Whiz. Should I be on the lookout for a lynch mob today? lol
Just talking about public water, and addressing some of the things they do to make it clean enough to drink.

Didn't realize I would be attacked for this....but that's okay I guess.
Have a good weekend.

Would you like to quote something I said that was an attack on you?

I never made any derogatory remark about you.
I never suggested you were intentionally trying to mislead.
I merely pointed out you gave incorrect information. Fluoride has Never been used for water purification.

If you have trouble believing this, just google "water purification fluoride" (without the quotation marks) and you will find every hit containing all three words in one article is referring to fluoride as an impurity, not as a purification method.

If you are going to be so upset you're on the lookout for a lynch mob each time you are corrected, perhaps you might like to check your facts before you post them.

Incorrect information mixed in with truth muddies the well, making the thread less useful for people here to learn.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
...This was brought in by governments who accompanied it by mass propaganda and over-rode any community objections.

...Methylaid, well, they didn't know any better in those days...

...Your thalidomide comment is made with the benefit of hindsight...

...However 50 years back a doctor prescribed cigarettes to my pregnant mother, believing they would help her relax...

The examples I used were from other famous "mishaps" in health-conscious United States history from the same time period.

I wasn't trying to point out that Mothers, in general, were sadistic by nature, but their blind, ignorant acceptance of what their Doctors and Government told them was in the better interests of their children put entire generations in peril (Altough I reserve the right to consider my own mother sadistic for using Methylaid in the 1980's when it's health benefits were widely known to be non-existent, only because her mother and her grandmother used it too, and it was clearly painful when applied.))

These incidents should be a lesson that we should never accept anything in regards to the health and well-being of our children without question.

Accepting these practices, especially in concerns with Fluoride, just because they are "tradition" is just as bad!

It reminds me of an modern Jewish Proverb...

One day a man comes home to find his wife preparing a shank of lamb for the Passover feast. He becomes shocked and appalled when he sees her cut off the finest parts of the lamb shank and throwing it away. He tells her "Why on earth would you throw away the best parts of the lamb shank! Do you know how much that cost our family to buy? I work hard all day to put food on this table and you just throw it away? Why would you do such a thing?"

The wife replies, "It must be a mitzvot because that's how my mother did it, and my grandmother did it, and my great-grandmother did it."

The man still upset tells her, "I can assure you it is not a mitzvot, as I have heard of no such thing in my Yeshiva studies. Why don't you call your mother and ask her why she would do such a thing?"

So the wife calls her mother and asks her "Mom, when preparing the shank of lamb for the Passover feast, why did we cut off the best parts of the shank and throw them away?" The mother replies, "Because that's how my mother did it sweetie."

So the wife calls her grandmother and asks her "Grandmother, when preparing the lamb for the Passover feast, why did we cut off the best parts of the shank and throw them away?" The grandmother replies, "Because that's how my mother did it sweetie."

So the wife calls her great-grandmother and asks her "Great-Grandmother, when preparing the lamb for the Passover feast, why did we cut off the best parts of the shank and throw them away?" Then great-grandmother starts laughing and replies "Because back in my day, ovens were only so big and that's all we could fit inside of them!"

Just because previous generations do something, doesn't mean that it should be considered acceptable. It is important to question everything that we do. This applies to accepting the advice of Doctors and even the Government. Neither Doctors nor Government is infallible and they can make misguided, misinformed, or uneducated decisions.

Mothers and fathers should be able to question these things and decide for themselves what is in their best health interests. Normally, medical treatment without medical supervision or informed consent, and the administration of unlicensed medical substances is strictly prohibited. Why is Fluoride somehow exempt from these Federal Regulations?

When smoking was determined to be bad, concerned citizens went to their Representatives and demanded action.

When Thalidomide was determined to be bad, concerned citizens went to their Representatives and demanded action.

Although it is all and well to find ways around allowing Fluoride in your daily intake, it may be time for concerned citizens to go to their Representatives and demand action. What we thought was good in the past, doesn't mean that it really is. Hindsight is 20/20 and I think there is more than enough evidence about the health risks of Fluoride that it wouldn't be difficult to get current policies changed.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
I wasn't trying to point out that Mothers, in general, were sadistic by nature, but their blind, ignorant acceptance of what their Doctors and Government told them was in the better interests of their children put entire generations in peril (Altough I reserve the right to consider my own mother sadistic for using Methylaid in the 1980's when it's health benefits were widely known to be non-existent, only because her mother and her grandmother used it too, and it was clearly painful when applied.))

Perhaps you had a sadistic mother who caused pain to you in purpose because she got off on hearing your howls, you'd know her motives better than I would, but it was a bit of a leap from there to referring to moms who trusted their doctors and followed their advice as sadistic.

I'm curious why you put all the responsibility on the mothers.
Do the fathers get absolved of all blame for expecting the status quo to be ok and doing what every-one else, (except those loony conspiracy-theorists,) considers sensible?

(I'm in that "loony conspiracy-theorist category myself, btw. My kids have never been vaccinated and never been given painkillers except when obviously necessary for serious stuff. For their little hurts they grew up believing a hug made them better.)

The local parents around where I live don't have a clue about fluoride. There's nothing in the media to inform them and most wouldn't know there was anything to be gained by looking for data for themselves.

I was 50 before I understood just how bad fluoride is myself. An illness left me incapacitated, so suddenly I had time to indulge my love of learning. I only got the internet to make a son happy,and had no idea what a gold-mine of information I'd find.
- But other friends my age, as intelligent as me, same internet access, and more educated, just refuse to look at anything like this. They think I'm weird. I can't understand them.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is you can't blame people who are brainwashed to accept certain "authorities" and subjected to constant propaganda from these authorities, for acceding to the peer group pressure of the brainwashed and thinking it's sensible to go with the flow.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Not just teeth, I suffer from sensitive teeth, it is the the shrinkage of the gum around the enamel (which is directly related to F-) also fluoride is harmful for bones as it takes out the minerals which are stored within the bone structure.

Also whilst I am at it, guys no aluminium in anti perspiration stuff as that contains a compound which may cause cancer, I have done and I am no longer itchy! No SLS or parabens either.

Also if you need to take milk, try goats and/or soya (maybe not a good idea for men as it has plant oestrogens and we don't want to give you guys a sex change) the calcium in coo's milk isn't recognised by the body and it also has trace amounts of hormones etc which the cow had. Think metals etc appearing in human breast milk and extrapolate to the coo population

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
see what i dont get

here in america

we pay taxes

the money we pay to taxes go to several things

im pretty sure that some of that tax money along with the money from paying our water bill

goes towards fluoridating our water

since we pay for this service directly pretty much

why cant we all just stand up and tell these companies to stop pushing fluoride on us

we pay for it, shouldnt they have to listen to us?

ya know actually act on this instead of just having thread after thread after thread about how bad fluoride is?

but im sure some people have tried

so whos behind forcing this on us?

and how can we get rid of those people

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Hey, that's a great story. I used something similar on page one, but I will surely be remembering yours.

Essentially, that thought process is the problem with our society. We forget that we are still an emerging society, we are not all knowing as of yet.

Thus, we must re-evaluate the reasoning behind what we do every so often, as new information becomes available to make a more informed decision. Without doing this, we continue using the same failing logic that has bred so many of our daily issues.

Thanks for everyone who enjoyed the information. Make the changes, and discover the results for yourself. We only get one body for this ride called life, there's no reason we should spend any part of it in pain and discomfort due to misinformed decisions by the powers that be.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
After letting this idea sink in for a few days.......I am now totally CONVINCED the OP is correct.
I had severe tooth sensitivity, I never dare use ice in drinks......CAN"T have a flippen slurpee to save my life.......and since I am lactose intolerant I didn't need to worry about ice cream....
My dentist always gave me SENSODINE..........but I didnt like the taste.

Now I am a full time Xyliwhite user, I have zero sensitivity, and I did NOT even notice this! It took the OP to point this out to me! I posted back that maybe they were in fact right, but now that I have had some time to mull this over I am convinced they are right.
I am sucking and chewing on frozen fruit pops regularly now, without a 2nd thought.......and I didn't use to at all.
hmmmmmmmmmm.................

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT........eradicating fluoride from my life has ended tooth sensitivity totally.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nerdychemist

Hey nerdychemist...WHAT do you mean by coo???
you say coo 2 times and I am hoping your meaning cow but the 'O' and the 'W' are so far apart it can't be some typo thing.....
so I am wondering WHAT IS A COO?

And NOW I am scared of coo's and don't even know what they are....sheesh

[edit on 10-6-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Thank you for the info, I will avoid that ingredient in products in the future

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Thanks man that really has helped me. Im going to start buying flouride free toothpaste

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I just want to chime in and say that I read this thread when it was originally posted and being a long time user of typical fluoride toothpaste I decided it was time to try out what the thread starter was advocating. So I went online and bought Toms of Maine non fluoride and have been using it for about 3 months now. I'm a pragmatist and honest with myself. I'm not gonna come on here and say "OMG MY TEETH ARE 30 TIMES STRONGER, 30 TIMES WHITER, IM SO HEALTHY!" etc., because it wouldn't be the truth.
I didn't notice much of a difference at all yet. But I must definitely admi tthat I did notice a reduction in tooth sensitivity that is a definite.
On the downside I noticed slightly more tartar/plaque build up on my teeth but when I eat chocolate and other things that used to make my teeth hurt, now I don't feel any such sensitivity or if I do it's very slight.
So that's my 2 cents and experience for anyone that's interested.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Also wanted to say that I got my girlfriend on the Tom's of Maine NON-fluoride and she was happily using it until she went to her dentist and told him about it and he brainwashed her and scared her by saying she'll get such and such tooth disease or her teeth will fall out etc so now she's back on the fluoride toothpaste.

1 point for TPTB/NWO

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
Ive given you a flag and a star, I'm going to try this, I hope it is true, I will report back.

Well, it all kind of dawned on me a short while back. I was drinking a nice large glass of lemonade and it was super hot outside, and it was ice cold. After drinking it, I was like wow I remember when my teeth used to hurt soooo much from sensitivity.

At one point, I had even bought "Sensodyne" or something like that, which is a toothpaste that alleviates tooth sensitivity. Only problem is that the second you quit using it, it's back with a vengeance.

So after having my small epiphany I quickly got on the phone with the two friends I mentioned prior, and started quizzing them. Short conversation later, and we all came to the same conclusion that none of us had tooth sensitivity anymore, and we had ALL suffered from it in the past.

None of us had had any dental work done that would have solved the problem. The only thing we had all changed, was that we weren't using fluoridated toothpaste any longer.

Though it would be nice to hear the same story from 100 people, I only just realized the relation. But I am willing to guarantee that it will work in your situation, and I hope you try, because tooth sensitivity is truly the smallest benefit of removing fluoride from your body.

Upon further discussion, none of us seems to remember exactly how long it took for sensitivity symptom to disappear, it was something that just happened, and like a sore thumb, once it was gone, we never thought about it. But I think you will likely notice a difference within a couple weeks. Keep in mind, at the start I did not even know that toothpaste could be found that did not contain fluoride, so I just went on brushing my teeth as normal with no paste.

A quick google search will bring up a variety of home made tooth pastes you can create, or you can find a retailer in your area.

Good luck!

Also note: I do not drink or cook with tap water, as my area undergoes fluoride treatment with industrial waste.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by king9072]

I noticed that same thing with sensodyne! Not sure why it happens, but since I stopped my teeth have been hurting worse then ever. There's a health store nearby my house, I'm going to look around in there and see what alternatives they have.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It's so hard to avoid it though. It's like pulling teeth just to get away from it....lol
Fortunately, the town where I live do not fluoridate the water supply, or so I've found from my research. But I have been worried about the name brand toothpastes I've been using, I been suspecting it's part of the reason I feel a tad sick in the mornings after I brush my teeth. I'm going visit a health food store and try a natural toothpaste without fluoride, and see if it resolves the issue. Interestingly enough, these guys seem to have something to say about it as well:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I just started using non-fluoridated toothpaste. I already have a water filter that takes out 99.9% of fluoride. I'd like to hear what other's teeth are like that have both these in place?

I really don't trust dentists and its possible that much of modern dentistry is a sham designed to make your teeth worse so that you need to spend lots of money on dental work. They say acid erodes your enamel but what if fluoride erodes it too?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

thanks for the tip. I have completely switched to non-fluoride toothpaste. You can buy it online at iherb.com. The fluoride-free one I am using - Xyliwhite - contains very high xylitol which is known to prevent tooth decay.
You may find the following link interesting and relevant:

www.poisonfluoride.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Brainbow

Yes, reverse osmosis will remove the fluoride. However, it will also remove the healthy minerals like calcium and magnesium too. These can be added back in of you buy a more expensive alkaline filter which will replenish the minerals and make the pH more neutral again. The best reverse osmosis systems will include a pH filter. Hope this helps someone!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Use this type of toothpaste all the time. Don't have problems

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join