Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Carradine dead 'after sex game mishap'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Well looks like he went off with a bang, too bad his whole family is now feeling humiliated by his actions.

Looks like little grasshopper wasn't so little when it came to sex.

You absolutely disgust me. You couldn’t just report his death in a respectful manner - you just had to throw in some sick perverted jokes.

He practiced auto-erotica, - so what? That's HIS private business not ours!

As if you wouldn’t be mortified if news of your *practices in private* was flashed up on ATS and International news.

This man was well loved and respected by countless people.

This thread has no business on ATS.

I hope it gets moved to BTS.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

I heard over the news that he was filming his new film or taking part in some new film.

More snf more, i keep thinking that im very happy with what i do and how much i earn, while maintaining a stable home. It seem like the more time and money you have at hand the more likely your going to go off the deep end.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I don't know what occured at the time this man died or what was going through his head.One thing that hasn't been mentioned or I haven't seen it posted yet is that Mr.Carradine has went on record and has done interviews concerning his suicidal thoughts all his life and how many times he thought about jumping over a balcony at a hotel and holding a gun to his head.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

I must say when i was told about his death and were it was announced the first two things that came to mind was either drugs or sex, obviously my choice was right.

What is it with these Hollywood actors and their mental state. Well looks like he went off with a bang, too bad his whole family is now feeling humiliated by his actions.

Looks like little grasshopper wasn't so little when it came to sex.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

I don't see any reason for his family to be humiliated by this news...

The man was 72 years old... he's allowed to do whatever type of masturbation he desires... It was a tragic mishap, which was unintended, but the result of risky behavior...

I mean he's 72 for goodness sake... leave the man alone...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
There are much worse ways to go. And at 72, one should be so lucky as to go out like this!

As a practitioner of Gong Fu, David inspired my dedication as a kid to the Art. Kung Fu: The Legend Continues was very helpful to my understanding of the Art.

RIP David.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Just as in politics and public figure is open to what ever anyone may say based on his opinion.

Again when i posted the comment regarding his family, my intentions were exactly that. Do you think his immediate family is brushing this off as an accidental suicide or do you think they at some point thought "wtf, why like this". I very certain that behind the closed doors and with all the grief that accompany's a tragedy like this there are always thoughts of that nature.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I had to click the link (which took time to load) just to find out if it was actually Keith, since the snippet and your title didn't mention his full name and I didn't want to assume.

So Keith Carradine is dead.

One of his ex's mentioned his kinky sexual nature, and included a comment about an unnatural and destructive sexual relationship with a female relative.

I'm not shocked that he went out like this, since I always believed that the ex was telling the truth.

- Lee

[edit on 5-6-2009 by lee anoma]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Sad. I used to love to watch that show back in the day.

But the part about the other places that rope was is TOO MUCH INFORMATION. What good at ALL can that serve? On the contrary, publishing that part of the news will only serve to kill some kid who thinks he is in for a treat. At the very least it will cause some to think about it. And that's too close for comfort.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I guess many of us in here have grown up watching him through his adventures. To be honest my first reaction was, oh shIt man, then when i heard it was in Thai, i immediately said okay, right, its either drugs or sex related.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Yes i too had a loading problem, it took me a while for it to load. Maybe its being hit like crazy since it was announced.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I don't understand why you felt the need to be disrespectful about someones death. You could have used a little decorum and posted the information without adding your snide little comments. I'm quite sure that his family is suffering far more from their loss of a loved one than from humiliation, however if any of them were to read your comments that may cause them some humiliation.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
reply to post by tristar

I don't understand why you felt the need to be disrespectful about someones death. You could have used a little decorum and posted the information without adding your snide little comments. I'm quite sure that his family is suffering far more from their loss of a loved one than from humiliation, however if any of them were to read your comments that may cause them some humiliation.

Perhaps you are right, perhaps i should have used more appropriate language. If my post has offended you in any way i assure you it was not my intention.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
As i am sure most of you would have come across the latest statements from his manager are as follows. Before i continue lets keep in mind that there are millions of dollars involved in endorsements and film rights, to put it simply if they do not sell then there is no revenue.

His managers quotes

David Carradine's manager suspects foul play in actor's death

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- David Carradine's wife and his manager disputed suggestions that the actor's death was a suicide, while a source in Bangkok, Thailand, said the actor's neck and genitals were found bound with rope.
Carradine, 72, became famous in the 1970s, when he portrayed the traveling Shaolin monk Kwai Chang Caine in the television series "Kung Fu."

Bangkok police said Carradine was found hanging by a nylon rope in a Bangkok hotel room closet Thursday morning.

A member of the emergency crew who was called to the hotel after a maid found Carradine told CNN that a yellow nylon rope was tied around the actor's neck and a black rope was around his genitals. The source asked not to be identified.

"I do not know if you want to call it accidental," Chuck Binder, Carradine's manager, told CNN's Larry King on Thursday. He said Carradine's career was on a roll and his life was on a resurgence.

edition.cnn.com...

Lets not forget, there were people who had spent ten's of millions on his name, so could this be damage control.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
He practiced auto-erotica, - so what?

Who am I to deny a man his solo fun.
Wrapped up, naked, and choked is how he rolled out of the world.
Maybe he wouldn't mind us getting a laugh at his auto-erotic blooper.

This reminds me of a comment a character made to Mulder in the X-Files episode, "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose".

"You know there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than autoerotic asphyxiation."
- Clyde Bruckman, X-Files

Indeed.

- Lee

[edit on 5-6-2009 by lee anoma]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Auto-erotic asphyxiation fetishes are extremely common (or at least common enough for this to not be shocking.) Fame and money have nothing to do with the likelihood that one will experiment with these forms of sexual gratification.

Many people who practice or engage in this fetish don't even realize that it's dangerous. Not everyone is aware that it is common and many aren't educated about it. For all we know this was his first experimentation with it, or perhaps he had been experimenting and building up to this level of "play" for some time in a vacuum, not aware of the risks. Or perhaps he was aware of the risks but was overtaken by arousal and so in the moment allowed his desires to override his judgment (not at all uncommon.) Or perhaps he chose to end his life in this particular fashion.

There's no way to know whether he fully considered the implications or not, so judging him after the fact is a futile exercise that won't help anyone in my opinion. The bottom line is that we have absolutely no way of knowing, and while everyone can have an opinion, actually forming a conclusion and judging someone who is totally unknown to us apart from his public persona and death based upon that conclusion is unnecessary and totally unfair to the deceased in my view.

I had an enormous respect for him as an actor and for his successful struggles against alcoholism etc. and I am sad he's no longer alive to entertain and inspire me.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I actually never really liked the fact that Hollywood gave Carradine the part in Kung Fu, when it was Bruce Lee's idea for the most part. The part had been even promised to Bruce Lee, since it was in big part his idea, but at the end hollywood could not have a "Chinaman" being a star back then, and gave the role to Carradine. Bruce would have been much better, and who knows maybe he would be alive today.

As for this story?.... please....who in their freaking mind would hang themselves from their neck for some sexual arousal? The guy was a movie star, he could have almost any woman even at his age because lets face it, LA is full of women who would want their 5 minutes of fame by going to bed with a movie star....for that matter, he could have found any woman anywhere in the U.S. just for being famous, and any of them would have been more than happy to asphyxiate him if he asked them.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
When I read the original story first thing I thought was auto-erotic asphyx. I actually posted that theory on another website (wouldn't do it here because this site is so family oriented).

I mean hanging yourself in a hotel closet? Those closets are tiny! No way could you be off the ground. Sad, he thought he would just "relax" a bit before dinner and he ended up dead. This is what everyone will think of now when they hear his name, though actually it sort of fits his quirky personality. Apparently he still had his groove going.

He should have used a belt through the door frame. Rope is too dangerous.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Sonya610]

same here. first saw it on AOL, no mention of details. then i thought, wait a minute... a closet? 72 years old, had it made... he was choking the chicken.

seems like whenever someone is found hanging in a closet, masturbation is to blame. come on people, use a spotter! can't say it enough. a belt is good, but a spotter is tops.
he was in Bangkok... of all places... surely he could have found a helper. (huhuhuh, Bangkok.)

elvis was found dead on the toilet with his shorts around his ankles because he couldn't curl one out... way more undignified, imo. and he still sells records.

this isn't so bad. besides, how many of us have said "i want to die with a smile on my face"? (mid-coitus)

well, now we know why he was always had that quirky grin...

RIP Dave.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gravykraken

I think with all that cash, i guess it gets to ones head

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It's sad to hear he died, but the manner of his death can only make one say... "What a way to enter Heaven!"

This reminded me somewhat of Chris Farely's death when he ODed in a hotel with a prostitute who left him for dead. Drug and sex related and not a great way to end a life.

For a 72 year old man, you think this kind of sexual interest would be well, not that interesting. Well, better luck in the next life David.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
That was my first guess on another thread that was posted yesterday. I knew a guy that happened to and believe me, he was not the type of person you would ever expect to commit suicide or play these kinds of games. Very sad. I feel for his family.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join