It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats to propose national public healthcare plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Democrats to propose national public healthcare plan

rawstory.com

The top Democrat on the Senate Finance Committee — a moderate who is seen as the leading figure on Congressional proposals to create a national healthcare mandate — says that his bill is almost certain to include a public healthcare option, in a blow to the managed care industry and a possible major victory for progressives.

“I think a bill that passes the Senate will have some version of a public option,” said Montana Sen. Max Baucus, the Senate Finance Chairman. His remarks come two days after President Barack Obama signaled in a letter that a public competitor to the private heal
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is a bit surprising , just how do they plan on paying for this ?
I also have a feeling that if a national healthcare system was brought in , mixed with the cost of maintaining such a plan , we just may see a certain level of regulation creep into our already diminished rights . It will be interesting to see just how this campaign will be spun in the public arena . Gee they may even try and tell us that in the long run it will be less of a cost to run a national program as a posed to the current system .

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

that hasn't stopped Soetoro so far!

[edit on 4-6-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

we just may see a certain level of regulation creep into our already diminished rights

No doubt about that. Nationalized health care is a carrot on a stick: we get coverage at the low, low price of liberty and a tax increase. They've already started going after tobacco, alcohol, and sugary foods. Won't be long until we're all on a rice and soy diet and stuck in the middle of Prohibition Part 2 (or 3, if you count the war on drugs). But it'll work out better this time, it's for our own good.

TA

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I really hope it gets shot the hell down. progressive? I think not. They obviously have a rosy colored view of healthcare in Europe with little basis in reality.

I really hope that the Republicans do something useful for a change and fight this bill, though i don't know if there are enough of them to make a difference.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

That's easy. Just tax the bejesus out of everyone. That ought to do the trick.

Or he can just tax health benefits. You know, something he promised that he wouldn't do while he was campaigning. Now that he's in office, I guess he decided that he can go ahead and break that promise.

www.suntimes.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Well, duh. It's what these people do. The money that pays for this? Uh, well, duh. They don't know where it will come from, unless it comes from them pesonally. And then they find ways around it. What I don't understand is why there are rich democrats in government. Aren't they all just getting by because Republikand are the evil ones? There should be no wealthy democrats, because they love everybody and give all they got to the lesser fortunates.

HaHA. 'A Transparency government.
'that is what I was promised. How much did the date night in NYC cost us? Uh. well, it wasn't revealed. Luckily, I have a president who will give up some skin, for the good of our country. Heh. All you Obama Boo Boo's, admit you got the same old boss. I no longer tolerate the bullsh*t. What about you?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Here's a new related story ....

Obama: Healthcare ‘no longer a luxury,’ reform ‘necessary’

President Barack Obama urged Congress Saturday to move ahead on health care reform, arguing that any change in the current system should lower the cost of services, improve their quality and protect consumer choice.

“This week, I conveyed to Congress my belief that any health care reform must be built around fundamental reforms that lower costs, improve quality and coverage, and also protect consumer choice,” Obama said in his weekly radio address.

“That means if you like the plan you have, you can keep it,” he explained. “If you like the doctor you have, you can keep your doctor, too. The only change you’ll see are falling costs as our reforms take hold.”

During his election campaign last year, Obama campaigned hard on universal healthcare coverage, vowing to endow all Americans with health insurance, including those 46 million Americans who remain uninsured......... More of the story located at link below ....

rawstory.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You know, I think this is really needed. I for one am not happy with the current debt this country has amounted and I believe we can do much better. The money I have is still remotely worth something, Please fix this inconvenience congress. Let's keep digging until we're actually in china, then we can beg for it in person.

new topics

top topics

join