It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

google satalight map is useless

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
playing arround with google satalight map a week or two ago i noticed something. i wanted to take a look at a building i can see from work, unfortunatly this building that has been arround at least 3 or 4 years wasnt there. so i took a look at my store. when i looked at it i noticed that not only was it not renovated (started work on it about 4 or 5 years ago). but when i zoomed in close i noticed something else rather interesting.the car sitting in the windsheild repair tent was moved to my old store somewhere between 1999 and 2001, note that shortly after the repair tech moved locations his engine blew and it sat at that store for several years used as a workbench and place to hang out untill the repair centers contract was not renewed in i beleive 2005.

therefore i had to come to the conclusion that google satalight map is at least 10 years out of date, this is in an area that has had substantual groth of new buildigs, houseing ect. therefore it is useless to use to actualy find something and is just a "cool" toy with no real value

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Count yourself lucky. Isn't it good that nobody has spied on you for so long.

I had my "googlemap" view updated exactly 2 years ago.

I know it was that long because I only had half a roof on the place when I was renovating.

join