It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California will run out of cash in 12 days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
www.bizjournals.com...

The state wallet is empty. The bank closed. Credit has dried up, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger told lawmakers in a special Tuesday morning address at the Capitol.

“California’s day of reckoning is here,” he said. With no action, the state will run out of cash in 14 days. Three months after the state budget was approved, California faces a $24 billion deficit.

Schwarzenegger has already proposed massive cuts to education, health care and prisons. Now he’s looking for structural reform to make government more efficient and stretch taxpayer dollars.

He’s asked the State Board of Education, for example, to make textbooks available in digital formats — a move that could save millions.

In 2004, the governor talked about blowing up boxes and consolidating agencies, but the initiatives never gained traction.

www.bizjournals.com...

heck its only 24 billion ... I thought we had a real problem here.... Hey ! BERNAKE .... kick ole Arnold some fresh bill off your conterfiet press.....

[edit on 4-6-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I wonder why he has not solicited some donations from all of his super wealthy cohorts, ya know, maybe instead of buying that new Bentley just donate the money into the state coffers, just a thought unless they want to piece apart the state and cause more problems for all involved. I hope he was wearing his nazi belt buckle when he gave that address.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

I have new's for you hunny "the state wallet" has been empty for YEARS! We where broke a long time ago and have been skirting along on bond sales and below par tax collection's ever since. This last time around no one wanted anything to do with it. So we are in the wind waiting with "un-baited" breath to see what is to come.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I like California alot... however, I had to leave... Silicon Valley Refugee from tech crash.... moved to Florida .... somewhat more down to earth with plenty of food and water resources. anywho... back to the wooosss~!

well, I haven't figured out why the Gov. did not increase the state treasury by mining more gold and silver... with modern technology you can average about 300$ a day prospecting ... but its not cheap to keep it all going but there is still mucho denero still there...
also, he could do what Japan did ... driver licenses cost 5,000$ ... that would help everything out.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by BornPatriot]

new topics

top topics

join