It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 2009 New Yorker Cover Image: Blown up Building in NYC, Flying Saucer, and Little Green ET:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Saw this today and am not sure what to make of it.

The cover of the New Yorker for this week shows a little green ET sitting in a post-apocalyptic destroyed building with the New York City skyline in the background. He is reading a book, and a Flying Saucer is hovering overhead. ????

Are we being primed by the MSM?

New Yorker Cover June 2009

[edit on 4-6-2009 by greenorbs]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The building is simply in ruin, no context is given for what happened to it. But I would not call it post-apocalyptic; the New York skyline is in tact, trees in the background and flowers in the foreground in bloom.

You are anomaly-hunting. Instead of seeing something strange and finding an explanation for it, you have a theory and are seeking anything strange to fit that theory. Instead of finding out the story behind the cover, you assume that it has something to do with disclosure.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The artwork is entitled "Future Generations" by Dan Clowes, and it evidently goes along with one of the fictional stories contained within the issue.

www.newyorker.com...

Are we being primed by the MSM?

We're always being programmed by the MSM.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
That same artist depicted a man in the city with a jetpack earlier in May but I'm pretty sure I wont be able to buy one any time soon
here it is link

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It gets even stranger when you read the magazine. There is a 10 page comic of the Book of Genesis, by artist R. Crumb, who drew Fritz the Cat.

First, here are some quotes from accompanying article:

He drew on his interest in what he calls "the dawn of civilization" -- the history and myths of Sumer, Babylon, Akkad, and ancient Egypt. He likes the "crytpo-cultish" section of the bookstores, and is fascinated by the tortuous processes by which philologists have managed to decipher cuneiform and other ancient scripts.

Crumb, who says he suspects that God exists, is broadly curious about the spiritual forces in the universe.

And here is where it gets really weird:

For the serpent and temptation, Crumb draws a Reptilian. standing there on two feet, talking to Eve. The Reptilian says "You shall not be doomed to die, for God knows that on the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will become as divine beings, knowing good and evil." That is pretty close to accurate. It is just weird to have a Reptilian ET as the serpent.

After God shows up and finds out that Adam and Eve ate the fruit. he turns the Reptilian into a snake. That was what I am used to as the image of the serpent. Maybe you guys knew about the Reptilian imagery, but it is new to me.

I would post a link but I cannot find a link to the comic.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ah, the salacious, infectious and dastardly synchronicity virus has bitten :-)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whiskeypoet

Carl Jung would be proud of those editors.

That's if manufacturing synchronicity counts.

top topics

join