It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debris removed from the Atlantic is not from the airplane of Air France, says Aeronautics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorkthegreat
So stated before they found an aircraft seat floating, what airline was the seat from?

This is weird... I mean we have all been there eh ?

Your flying along when all of a sudden one of the cabin crew decides to have a change about with the furniture. Grabs a seat or 2 and chucks them out the door.

Somebody really ought to have word with them about the state of the oceans with all these seats floating about ... Maddening.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Does anyone know what commonly happens when a plane of this size goes down in the ocean? Is it relatively easy or difficult to locate debris?

I got the impression it is not so easy in the ocean. My guess is things are proceeding as they typically do, it taking days or weeks to find anything - if ever.

(ps to zorkthegreat - can you erase your repetition of my erroneously posted message - thanks)

Mike

[edit on 5-6-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
watched a related incident" aircraft investigation " on national geographic the other night, the air france airbus series that ran out of fuel half way across the atlantic,
the pilots got awards for the longest glide.
the plane only made land because flight control put them on an entire different route, other wise she would have ditched on water.
the plane had a broken fuel pipe and ditched all of her fuel,
the strange thing was their on board systems faultfinder was leading them into deeper trouble, (isolate this and dont isolate that) and it was recommended that the software be upgraded.
the air france concorde would have survived if they had fitted kevlar type stuff to the underside of the wings, another recommended upgrade, ????

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
Does anyone know what commonly happens when a plane of this size goes down in the ocean? Is it relatively easy or difficult to locate debris?

I got the impression it is not so easy in the ocean. My guess is things are proceeding as they typically do, it taking days or weeks to find anything - if ever.

(ps to zorkthegreat - can you erase your repetition of my erroneously posted message - thanks)

Mike

[edit on 5-6-2009 by mmiichael]

The problem you would have is the wave heights of 2 meters or so.

I'm still waiting to hear results or progress from the empty American promise of satellite coverage.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by zorkthegreat]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zorkthegreat

www.weathergraphics.com...

^^ NASA satellite data allready in use.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by zorkthegreat

www.weathergraphics.com...

^^ NASA satellite data allready in use.

Yes weather analysis but about ocean searching satellites not cloud searching.

Remember when Google opened up his high res satellite images for the search for Steve Fosset, can they help here? If so why arn't they.

Google helps search

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I think the important question here is should you get on an Airbus jet. Remember when the entire vertical stabilizer disintegrated on that brand new Airbus? Maybe this is just another disintegrating airframe. I find it completely implausible that lightning took out the aircraft, I've been in airliners that have gotten struck by lightning. This was obviously a rapid and total failure of the airframe, otherwise the crew would have gotten out a mayday. The only question in my mind is - was it just a total failure of the aircraft, or did some external force cause a total failure of the aircraft and systems, like a missile or directed energy weapon.

That plane broke up at altitude going 400+ mph. The fragments were well dispersed even prior to impact with the ocean. They were then further dispersed by ocean currents. The debris are scattered over a very large area of the bottom of a very deep ocean. I will be surprised if they ever recover any pieces of it.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Do you have a link with more info? I will find out from a family member to see if he saw anything. (he works on one of those rigs there...he takes that flight once a month)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptAvatar
I think the important question here is should you get on an Airbus jet. Remember when the entire vertical stabilizer disintegrated on that brand new Airbus? Maybe this is just another disintegrating airframe. I find it completely implausible that lightning took out the aircraft, I've been in airliners that have gotten struck by lightning. This was obviously a rapid and total failure of the airframe, otherwise the crew would have gotten out a mayday. The only question in my mind is - was it just a total failure of the aircraft, or did some external force cause a total failure of the aircraft and systems, like a missile or directed energy weapon.

That plane broke up at altitude going 400+ mph. The fragments were well dispersed even prior to impact with the ocean. They were then further dispersed by ocean currents. The debris are scattered over a very large area of the bottom of a very deep ocean. I will be surprised if they ever recover any pieces of it.

Some may wash up on shores eventually

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
What with the small 2 seater plane over the UK which went missing on wednesday, something's not adding up. they just lost contact with it, and no one's reported a plane coming down over cambridgeshire.

The plot thickens.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
What with the small 2 seater plane over the UK which went missing on wednesday, something's not adding up. they just lost contact with it, and no one's reported a plane coming down over cambridgeshire.

The plot thickens.

Because the news (and American satellites) is focusing on Obamamessiah the returning Prophet and how he saved us all in WWII (after they joined in over 1 year after they where needed) and how he is going to save the Middle East.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I can imagine how victim family members react to this... First the plane is just *missing*, a 120 ton craft vanishes into thin air. Then, they find so called wreckage, in order to many hours later turn out to be not part of the searched plane at all.

I have read and watched a lot of material regarding airplanes, and always had an interest in flying. From what they know currently, the plane could have sank almost undamaged, which would allow at least some people to leave or could have get completely smashed into pieces either in air by turbulence or from a water crash. So it's impossible to know anything until they find anything belonging to the plane.

If you'd like to research the "rocket theory", you can also read a known case of a civilian airplane being shot down by US ship due to array of fatal errors:
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 5-6-2009 by SassyCat]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I'm still waiting to hear results or progress from the empty American promise of satellite coverage.

Then get your own damn satellites.

Self reliance is a good thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

I'm not the one who went public and offered the use of them. They did.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

And you have no idea if they are being used or not. So stop with all the sly comments until you actually know something for certain.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
For what it's worth... News from the French side. France has never officially confirmed the Brazilian findings. Air France or the French government have been very cautious from the beginning saying they had no information about what the Brazilians have found, they couldn't comment and they were still looking for the plane.
French military jets are searching in another zone in the Atlantic. It is not reported where exactly or I couldn't find. It's said that Brazil and France are coordinating their actions so that is why they are not searching the same locations. I think if France believed the Brazilians had found the "real" debris, they would have rushed in the zone. But they didn't. They kept searching elsewhere. I think France knew from the start it couldn't be the real debris.
There were very conflicting reports about the zone the plane has disappeared. Many of them pointed to an area near the Canary Islands. Days after, it looks like it is still confused. I am short of a satisfying explanation.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

And you have no idea if they are being used or not. So stop with all the sly comments until you actually know something for certain.

Hence we need to get a progress report.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I reckon if a plane such as this hit water it would break into pieces.... however anything is possible... flight 93 supposedly hit the ground in one piece and was 'absorbed' into the ground without breaking up

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Hence we need to get a progress report.

Now you are just being disingenuous.
Saying we need a progress report is a far cry from saying 'empty American promise', which is what you actually said.

Instead of trying to justify your rude comment, why don't you man-up and admit you used a poor choice of words. It's not that difficult.

[edit on 6/5/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This is a post I left on the other thread. Some people call me a cynic but I believe I am realist. there are so many things that just don't add up.

For the record the more information that is coming out about this crash, the more I am thinking that there is a conspiracy here. Has anyone seen the flight list? was there anybody on this plane that could have caused a problem for TPTB.

Before you ridicule remember all the information that is coming to light now about 911.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join