It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange objects Apollo 17 flyover...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hey guys

Thought I would share a few images ive been looking at recently on my time away from ATS. 1st of anyone who likes looking at clear imagery from the apollo projects then please do go visit Keith Laney's archive at keithlaney.net he has a real nice collection.

Before saying "its something on the camera" or anything like that ... this anomaly appeared on 3 flyover photos. Im NOT saying its UFOs or Aliens having a picnic... i just think its quite odd and wanted to see what members on here thought

Right now for the images:

These are the 3 originals:

as17-150-23003

as17-150-23004

as17-150-23005

If you look at the full versions you can see that there are no other objects like this in the surrounding area.

So what do you guys think?

rich

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
another strange one from the apollo 15 archives:

spot the odd crater! has it been hit twice? to create a donut

rich

Source:
here

[edit on 4-6-2009 by olegkvasha]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Must put these images away for the night at some point
here are a few more from the apollo 15 archives:

Source:
here
and here

rich

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the awesome link. I will spend hours scouring.

S&F. I had no idea the Orbiter so closely followed the lander during Apollo 12 as evidenced in the series.

Thanks man.

KK

[edit on 4-6-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

no problem mate
its such a nice collection, have fun digging through them all.

rich

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
off topic a bit .... look how dented the apollo 16 LM was ....

rich

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by olegkvasha

The double crater in your one picture is called a "double ring crater". Other than that there are some interesting pictures here.

The outer diameter of the large double ring crater at the center of the scene is about 260 km (about 160 miles). The crater appears to be filled with smooth plains material that may be volcanic in nature. Multiple chains of smaller secondary craters are also seen extending radially outward from the double ring crater. Double or multiple rings form in craters with very large diameters, often referred to as impact basins. On Mercury, double ring basins begin to form when the crater diameter exceeds about 200 km (about 125 miles); at such an onset diameter the inner rings are typically low, partial, or discontinuous. The transition diameter at which craters begin to form rings is not the same on all bodies and, although it depends primarily on the surface gravity of the planet or moon, the transition diameter can also reveal important information about the physical characteristics of surface materials. Studying impact craters, such as this one, in the more than 1200 images returned from this flyby will provide clues to the physical properties of Mercury's surface and its geological history.

Credit: NASA/Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory/Carnegie Institution of Washington

(Excerpt is talking about one of Mercury's double ring craters and not the Moon.)
www.solarviews.com...

[edit on 6/4/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 6/5/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Sounds like a lot of hi tech geek speak designed to confuse us or make us seem "simpletons" to me.

Double craters like this (there are a few too) are to weird not to be something well - natural.

It's time science got a kick in the butt for projecting information like this - it would be far more beneficial to say they don't know how they are made.

nice post OP! thanks.

wZn

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by olegkvasha
off topic a bit .... look how dented the apollo 16 LM was ....

rich

man that thing looks like the inside liner of an old vacuum cleaner!

Paper bag looking thing! And how bout that dint - what the heck is that about!

wZn

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Here's bunny the rabbit I noticed in that image you posted:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89fa007df557.jpg[/atsimg]

Hey Oleg!! Welcome back!
Where on Earth were you?

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Wow Mike. You are amazing. I think you can see things only dogs can hear. I didn't even notice. Nice catch.

( BTW, I'm still in awe over the Mars "spool" artifact. Learned all about the Russian rovers thanks to you.)

I suspect you and Oleg are both "11" on a 1 to 10 scale with these finds.
( My grass certainly ain't gettin' mowed this weekend.)

Regards....KK

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by mikesingh

Wow Mike. You are amazing. I think you can see things only dogs can hear. I didn't even notice. Nice catch.

( BTW, I'm still in awe over the Mars "spool" artifact. Learned all about the Russian rovers thanks to you.)

I suspect you and Oleg are both "11" on a 1 to 10 scale with these finds.
( My grass certainly ain't gettin' mowed this weekend.)

Regards....KK

is that soviet rover thread still goin? I loved workin on that topic. Many a night spent on that one.. Soviets Found Something and Soviet Moon Images

SPOILER!:
Mikesingh is an alien from the moon.... and these images we are looking at are nothing more than his holiday snaps.... he just asked me to develop them for him...

rich

[edit on 5-6-2009 by olegkvasha]

top topics

join