It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 700 scientists discredit man-made global warming fears!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I found this article from March 17 in the Cleveland Examiner.

(I have no idea if it's a reputable news outlet) I did an intensive search on ATS and couldn't find any thread on it so here are the details:

More than 700 scientist dicredit man-made global warming fears.

“59” might be the magic number for Americans to start thinking twice about global warming fears.

59 scientists around the world have officially added their names to the much-publicized U.S. Senate Minority Report that denounces claims about man-made global warming. This pushes the tally of skeptical scientists to well over 700.

According to a new report, the 700-plus scientists are “now more than 13 times the number of U.N. scientists who authored the media-hyped IPCC 2007 Summary for Policymakers.” Many of the scientists are “affiliated with prestigious institutions” including NASA, the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Defense Department, Princeton University, as well as countless others.

Skeptical scientific voices are enjoying more and more company in past weeks, especially in light of a recent article published in The Australian that says Japanese scientists are largely rejecting man-made global warming claims. Japanese Geologist Dr. Shigenori Maruyama, professor at the Tokyo Institute of Technology’s Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, said this month that “there was widespread skepticism among his colleagues about the IPCC's fourth and latest assessment report that most of the observed global temperature increase since the mid-20th century 'is very likely due to the observed increase in anthropogenic greenhouse gas concentrations.'"

I really was undecided about man-made global warming, but more and more I see respected scientists speaking out against it. Also as soon as I saw Al Gore getting on the band wagon, well that was the clincher!

NOTE because of the age of the article I didn't put this in Breaking Alternative, if it has been reported sorry, I swear I looked on ATS!

US senate committee report

Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

-If you want to make your own mind up!

[edit on 4-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
snoozer.

how predictable. why not refute it all with fervor, is GW in crisis? such a thread going uncontested is a sign of despair, imho.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
i think there tryin to cover up the fact that the world is in a down hill spriral and we made the mess were in and cant fix what we messed up.

new topics

join