It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm annoyed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The more and more I think about this world the more annoyed I get. I believe everything happens for a reason, and I also believe that there is some higher entity than us be it a god/ET... etc

I would also like to believe that life is a game that we all must play and if we can maximise our profits - much like a game of monopoly.

That makes me wonder though are we just a game someone else is playing? The more I think about it the less control we actually have over our own lives.

Do you believe in fate? Or do you not like the fact that someone else is in control of your life?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The most important thing I have learned is to never stop asking questions. You must ask the questions that frustrate, that tie your soul in knots and most importantly leave you breathless.

These questions often remain unanswered due to depth and dependency on others for pertinent information to complete the equation.

For years I was haunted by unanswered questions. I believed that every question had an answer and I would not rest until I received the intellectual gratification I required.

Then I woke up and discovered a phrase that I had long held in contempt;

"I don’t know."

I don’t believe in fate. I am not a purveyor of religion. The infinite rainbow of the quantum world blinds me too much to be so arrogant. I believe that something created the universe, or at least came before it. I believe that I do not have enough evidence to say what that is and nor do others who claim to be in contact with him/it/her. I do not believe the creator is watching me and or intervening in my daily events let alone concerned with my morals.

Morals are a survival trait, without them the rest of the villagers would stone you.

Do I believe in Synchronicity? I’ll say I believe in the perception of synchronicity. Do I believe in Conspiracy? I define the lowest form of conspiracy as two people planning a surprise party, so yes, the world is rife with conspiracy.

As an American with enough to eat, a home and vehicle etc I am already ahead of the great majority of the world in having time just to “think”. I think about a great deal. From quantum physics to ancient civilizations to the environment and obesity with a sprinkling of UFO’s and the vastness of the universe as related to me sitting and enjoying my roses I think. But I take it a bite at a time so as not to choke on life’s incredibly varied tastes.

Keep drawing air into your lungs my friend and don’t feed from the tree of knowledge so much that your stupor will make you unable to run from the jackals. Fight the fight you can and chase not what you cannot catch, but most of all,

Enjoy this life and it’s many wonders!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whiskeypoet

Hi poet, that was a nice post mate - very philisophical

Hey kron, i get annoyed with the world too sometimes, thing is if you let it get to you it just drags you down & its often hard to notice until your really down about it.
I find getting out into the country,away from all the townies and tv etc the perfect remedy, even if its only a day or two, is enough to recharge the batteries.

Long overdue a break myself!

[edit on 4/6/09 by cropmuncher]

new topics

join