It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European parliament elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hey guys,

I'm starting a thread about the European parliament elections going on now. All of the European ATS members.. Have you voted yet?? I voted several weeks ago. Let's see how this goes.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Apparently there is not much enthusiasm about the elections... Which is sad IMHO.

www.economist.com...

THE rich world’s biggest election, with 375m potential voters, ought to be both exciting and uplifting. Yet campaigning ahead of this weekend’s election to the European Parliament has been neither. Almost everywhere it has focused exclusively on national issues, not European ones. In several countries a ragbag of extremists, nutcases and xenophobes look set to win seats. And the turnout, which has fallen in every European election since 1979, may yet sink to a new low.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
SCENARIOS: Governments at risk in European Parliament vote

The outcome of an election to the European Parliament will have important political implications for governments in some European Union member states.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If everything goes right, all the manipulative liberals will be banished. This is the stake in the EU. That's from they afraid with a reason. They afraid that patriots will get into the EU. And if that's going to happen, I'll glad for that.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by ShadowIntelligence]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well lets see what will happen. I'm voting for a guy I know who made it possible for us from the Dutch Caribbean to be able to vote. Beforehand we were not allowed to vote even though we have a European passport. Three Arubian politicians challenged it, and started a case that went up to the European high court who decided that the Dutch government (Kingdom) were discriminating against us and were denying our rights to vote.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

We have the same morons here on the continent. But as you said, let's see what is going to happen on all front. What is sure, it can't be really worse than what we have now in the European Union. Right now, we have some elitist asshole whose are filling their pocket from our money.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by ShadowIntelligence]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It can get worse.. Geert Wilder's (the fitna guy) party is getting tons of votes as we speak...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Okay. In this case, let's pray it's not going to be worse just better what we have. If not, we will have a revolution wave on the continent, that's a guarantee.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Our voting starts in 9 hours..

Im not voting.. there's only one person I want to vote for and he's not in my provincial area.. There's noone else in my voting district that I agree with policy wise so I cannot justify voting for someone I disagree with.

Its going to be another 5 years before EU parliamentary elections will be worth something because at the moment the EU parliament is all but powerless.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There is no interest for the EU Parliment, let alone the elections. Germans for the most part see the EU Parliment as a group of overpaid elitists and political careerists who are just demanding that we pay more and more of our tax Euros to back up a failing, wasteful and corrupt system. If there is a 20% turnout, it will be stunning.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by fockewulf190]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I voted at 9pm tonight, i was suprised we had a choice of so many groups! 12 in fact, I made damn sure I didn't vote for the top idiots. Does anyone know if your ballot paper is traceable to you? I noticed each one had a code on the back?

top topics

join