It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment to finish off the economy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This subject actually came up at work the other day, my boss figured the unemployment rate now is around 20%. He is probibly right.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
ya, know...if one in six dollars of all the income in america is coming from gov't benefits and what percentage of income goes direct to the top 10%??

what does that leave? a couple of dollars going to the regular folks that are still hanging in there?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
ya, know...if one in six dollars of all the income in america is coming from gov't benefits and what percentage of income goes direct to the top 10%??

I think that 1 in 6 is not just benefits, it's everything that falls under government. So it probably includes the payroll for all the government jobs.

Still, an interesting question you have asked.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by 11andrew34]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

what does that leave? a couple of dollars going to the regular folks that are still hanging in there?

The PTB rely heavily on the MSM. I think the MSM might be okay, government jobs also.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

the government jobs are only okay as long as the gov't can pull the money from the private sector to pay for those jobs...
the gov't jobs themselves will never be able to pull in the revenue needed to maintain those jobs, let alone anything else.
and the gov't benefits, well, we are lucky if we get any revenue back from them...
the portion of it going to the upper 10%? well, much of that money isn't taxable when it comes to social security, it can be too easily hidden in investment schemes or just shuffled off to some off shore account somewhere.....
something tells me that we may not have the revenue base for all these gov't jobs anymore.....

or much of anything else for that matter.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

As long as they are Federal Government jobs they'd probably be okay. State Government? Not so much, depending on whichever state and that states available revenue.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Well we're already seeing states having trouble paying their workers. NJ has already imposed mandatory unpaid furloughs for state workers. California is a mess, I can only imagine!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well, this proves that Obama has no idea what he is doing because during his initial push for the stimulus plan he said one of the reasons for the stimulus plan and the need to rush it through was to stop unemplyment from reaching over 8%.

He said his plan would prevent unemployment from reaching over 8%. Since we are at 9.4 currently and most feel it will go to double digits, it's crystal clear he is a failure by using his own standards and words.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

the jobs are gonna continue to decrease as long as the banks are refusing to lend the businesses the money they need to operate. we've thrown plenty of money at the banks, unfortunately, they are more inclined to eat up their weaker competitors or play in the stock markets or whatever they are doing, than they are to actually lend the money out.
just wondering, reckon, who do you think that these bankers are more friendly to, the republicans, or the dems? could they possibly be so much more friendlier to them that they'd hold off on opening the floodgates as far as lending
just to ensure that obama fails miserably?? or maybe even the US, just so they can bring in this nice new world order?

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

the jobs are gonna continue to decrease as long as the banks are refusing to lend the businesses the money they need to operate. we've thrown plenty of money at the banks

Again, the fault of the Obama administration because they stated that another purpose of the stimulus plan was to free up lending money by buying all the bad loans. Then once the stimulus was passed, the Obama administration changed their minds and allowed the banks to do whatever they wanted with the money. There was nothing in the stimulus bill telling the banks what to do with the money so again, the fault of the Obama administration.

We should have never bailed out the banks and everyone else to begin with so again, it's the fault of the Obama administration. As long as you and those like you keep making excuses for Obama and his thugs, nothing will change even though we are supposed to have change we can believe in.
Unfortunately, due to the policies of the Obama administration, all any of else will have left is change in our pockets.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

well...there's one thing we agree with....
we should of just let the failures fail!!

but....ummmm....you still seem to reject, or bypass the main point I am trying to make, obama is just following bush's footsteps....most of the first plan was worked out by the bush administration before obama came into office.

and well....
just what were the findings of the IMF audit, I know that bush finally let them audit our books, but there was an agreement made that the results wouldn't be know till after he was out of office.
could it be possible that those books were in such bad shape, that it is now the IMF calling the shots? seems to me, a very, very large part of all the money that has been spent up till now has gone to the banks, and well, much of what went to the banks then proceeded to go outside the country. could it be possible that we are getting pressure from the world to settle debts that we really had no intention of settling, and well, the universal healthcare, and all that is just smoke and mirrors to divert our attention?

we were the main source of all this economic toxic waste, there is evidence that alot of it involved fraud by the various institutions involved in the real estate transaction process....
legally, if there is fraud proven, the ones committing the fraud have to buy back these assetts! maybe this is what is being done???

[edit on 7-6-2009 by dawnstar]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

but....ummmm....you still seem to reject, or bypass the main point I am trying to make, obama is just following bush's footsteps

So what? Two wrongs don't make a right.
I also disagree with what Bush did regarding initiating the first bailout but Obama has taken it to an entirely different level by taking over the banks, auto industries and soon to be healthcare.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Where are all the infrustructor jobs that Obama promised.

I have yet to hear of one that has started to hire anyone.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

but....ummmm....you still seem to reject, or bypass the main point I am trying to make, obama is just following bush's footsteps

So what? Two wrongs don't make a right.
I also disagree with what Bush did regarding initiating the first bailout but Obama has taken it to an entirely different level by taking over the banks, auto industries and soon to be healthcare.

then we are somewhat on the same page....
but....wasn't someone (outside of me) complaining that the banks weren't doing what they should have been doing with the money we gave them??? how else can you have enough control to ensure that the money you are handing out is going to be put to work to solve the problem? dependency leads to servitute!! welcome to the new world order. of course, the big clue that all this is just one big scam to defraud the people is the fact that our government, neither under bush, or obama has done one thing to put pressure on the banks to loan the money really.... and well, it's beginning to look like nothing will be done to put pressure on the healthcare industry to keep the costs down...another massive funnel that just diverts the people's money to big corp. and well, I have no idea why we now own over 50 of GM, unless the government wants to start gearing up for the next world war.....then I can see why they would like to have control of GM....add the slave labor that welfare, unemployment and the people's debt could provide, and well......put them all together (have you noticed all the empty houses in the detroit area??) and you got the resources to start churning out the war machines cheap enough that we wouldn't need funding from china!

which, now I am curious, by any chance did hitler start taking over key industries like this at the beginning. I know that most of the concentration camps were really more like slave camps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join