It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's supreme leader blasts Ahmadinejad for corruption claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Iran's supreme leader blasts Ahmadinejad for corruption claims

www.guardian.co.uk

Iran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, faced a rare backlash from some of the country's most powerful officials today after a furious television debate in which he labelled many of his critics corrupt.

In the most significant development, Ahmadinejad appeared to have irked the supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, over his performance in Wednesday night's debate with Mir Hossein Mousavi, his main opponent in next week's presidential election.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The New Great Game

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well this is an interesting development. It appears not everything is as it seems in Iran's paradise.

I've been monitoring this election closely for a few weeks. I'm surprised the supreme council has let it go this far. Things must be heating up. I'm glad to see a somewhat candid debate take place and I'm also glad to see a more open stance on the candidates part towards a more open move towards the west esp the US.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
No replies?
WOW Now that is a conspiracy.

One small bump then off into the abyss.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'll bump you because that is a great find. I am surprised this happened at all, and even more surprised we are hearing about it. It is looking like this guy won't be re-elected. That will put a monkey wrench in everything over there.

BTW: There are not a lot of responses around this time everyday for some reason. Better to post earlier or later I guess.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wow! I am surprised as well. It would be really cool if we could see these debates and have interputer. The Supreme leader must be worried and what a wonderful thing that is! You are right Slayer, very interesting indeed.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

Yeah this from a few weeks back very interesting report.
Iran's spiritual leader discourages electing a pro-Western president

Reporting from Beirut -- Iran's most powerful political and spiritual leader warned voters Monday against supporting pro-Western candidates in next month's presidential election, comments widely seen as supporting President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's approach to foreign policy over those of his challengers.

"Those who submit to the enemies and bring shame on the nation should not come to power by the people's vote," Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said during a speech in the western town of Bijar.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
BTW: There are not a lot of responses around this time everyday for some reason. Better to post earlier or later I guess.

Yeah I know it's hit and miss sometimes, but that's ATS nature.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Good find and interesting news!

The Ayatollah is the real power in Iran, regardless of who is office. From what I recall, the has Ayatollah has clashed with Ahmadinejad before.

Didn't Ahmadinejad basically fire some offical a bit ago and the Ayatollah over ruled him?

Maybe the Ayatollah is starting realize that Ahmadinejad retoric doesn't always serve Iran's best interests.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
That's it blame the foreign news programs...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Oatmeal

Whats that supposed to mean?
Wait...

wa?

I'm lost

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Maybe the Ayatollah is starting realize that Ahmadinejad retoric doesn't always serve Iran's best interests.

Or maybe the candidates realize that Iran will have to come out of it's shell a little more to engage the rest of the world esp the West if it wants to become more economically viable in this global slow down.

People hate loosing what they get a taste of.

new topics

top topics

join