It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Offer $23B List of Spending Cuts Over Five Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

There you have it this is the Republicans big plans to get us out of debt by cutting the budget $5 billion dollars a year. What a joke. The Republicans need to all be shoved out and new put in. I think Ron Paul and McCotter form MI are the only two that get it. The rest need to go....

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You know what this reminds me of. This reminds me of going on a blind date and walking in the place to meet her and you see Megan Fox at the bar looking at you. You start to walk up to her until your friend says "No she's not yours, she it." then points over to Rosie O donnell. I thought the Republicans were going to show some true conservatism and this is what they give us.

I say forget it just raise my taxes to 70%. There obviously isnt enough pissed off people in this country so raise taxes to pay for this government. I have a feeling just like in California if you try to raise their people will wake up REAL FAST.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
man i cant stop laughing thats hilarious

-5billion a year?

gee i guess it will only take us roughly 5000years to get out of debt

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost

I say forget it just raise my taxes to 70%

100% is better

it will force a knee jerk reaction (which i would enjoy greatly)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost

I say forget it just raise my taxes to 70%

100% is better

it will force a knee jerk reaction (which i would enjoy greatly)

Yup involuntary servitude for the government. Ill bet the sheeple will wake up then. Maybe THAT will being us REAL change.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
About a gazillion dollars too little a hundred or so years too late.

I think I'm with you on this 100% tax.

If that doesnt separate the slaves from the free nothing will.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Five years? are these people too stupid that they has lost their ability to think?

We need cuts yesterday, the Federal government is too big and is getting out of control.

Stop the darn wars and the contracting leaching in the military and that alone will be enough to see an improvement on the economic woes.

I can not believe this, no wonder the Republicans can not get off the losing wagon they are on.

But still Democrats now in power are not better, the have the wallet now in their hands and they are spending like drunken sailors.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Nothing will be cut.

Government spending is around half the GDP. If anything is cut it will send bad shock-waves throughout the economy. The only way to offset this is to lower taxes dramatically.

But the government is running a trillion plus deficit. There is no way the government is going to give a trillion dollar tax cut to the American people and there is no way any politician is going to vote for a trillion dollar spending cut (which will throw many of his government dependent constituents on the street) to balance the budget.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Its not really as easy as cutting the military or stopping all the wars.

Imagine if the entire military was cut out of the budget. That would mean countless industries that depend on military spending ( weapons makers, clothing supply, food supply, civilian contractor stuff) would go belly up. This would in turn throw millions of Americans on the street. The chain reaction will break the entire economy.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is just absolutely pathetic. Were trillions in debt what we need to do is start removing departments. Like DHS or agencies like the IRS and the NSA. The republicans are no more serious about cutting spending and reigning in debt than the democrats. And it is really getting OLD.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

You mean all those countries out there that now supply our nation with all their military needs, because if you have not noticed lately most of our warfare is mostly built oversea, even our technology is gone.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
reply to post by marg6043

Its not really as easy as cutting the military or stopping all the wars.

Imagine if the entire military was cut out of the budget. That would mean countless industries that depend on military spending ( weapons makers, clothing supply, food supply, civilian contractor stuff) would go belly up. This would in turn throw millions of Americans on the street. The chain reaction will break the entire economy.

Not it wouldnt. It would force them into productive jobs. We need to start making things and exporting them instead of blowing crap up and rebuilding it. We need to let some bankers fail and some auto companies fail also. The defense industry is nothing but one big welfare recipient and Im not talking about the soldiers Im talking KBR, Haliburton etc..

[edit on 4-6-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

[edit on 4-6-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Tjef, I mostly agree with what you are saying.

I'd like to make the point that $25 Billion is to the Federal budget as a bucket of piss is to a swimming pool at least, maybe a small lake.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The GOP is a disgrace.

Yet for some damn reason there are still those standing idly by them even though they don't stand for smaller government and non-interventionalism.

THEY DO NOTHING. They are nothing but an opposing argument and that's it. I see it from some of the posters here. They just rail against an argument that doesn't belong with their party and never call out their own.

They increase deficits, cut taxes but cut no spending, left our borders completely open for years....did NOTHING about nafta...this list goes on and on.

We need a new party PLEASE...PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's the new blood damnit we need some real change!

top topics

join