It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Estrogen in Waterways Worse than Thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Exposure to estrogen puts fish at greater risk of disease and premature death, according to a new federal study.

The U.S. Geological Survey study showed that estrogen exposure reduces a fish's ability to produce proteins that help it ward off disease and pointed to a possible link between the occurrence of intersex fish and recent fish kills in the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers.

Related articles

Drugs found in drinking water
www.usatoday.com...

Drugs found in water supplies of nation's largest cities, including Portland
blog.oregonlive.com...

Dozens of Different Drugs found in U.S. Drinking Water including Antibiotics, Mood Stabilizers, Sex Hormones and Pain Medicine
www.medicine.org...

U.S. manufacturers toss 271M pounds of drugs into waterways
www.durangoherald.com...

Makes choosing between bottled and tap a hard choice...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
the title of this thread made me LOL
Seriously though, I hate what we're doing to water...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Question is it all by design or a cause and consequence of our industrialize , pharmasize society. Beyond the increasing amount of fertility issues , this might also explain why there's more people who are homosexual . Regardless what better way to pacify and weaken the males in a society .

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Plenty of gays are "manly". just look in prison.

Anywho, they seriously have got to take a look into this. I'm not drinking sink water any more nor bottled water. I just drink milk and orange juice. Milk is cleaned, usually, and orange juice is fueled by rain water. Never felt better. The water simply tastes disgusting these days.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It's not an accident, you don't happen to drop that many drugs in the water. It's a plan and it seems to be working. The fertility rate in men is dropping like a stone. We are already 80% sterile and it's not going in the right direction.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I don't know what's wrong with estrogen in the water supply.

I mean, I'm kind of enjoying my new breasts. UU.

top topics

join