It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater Accused Again of Murders in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Blackwater Accused Again of Murders in Iraq

www.courthousenews.com

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (CN) - Two more Iranian families accuse Blackwater, now known as Xe, of murdering their husbands and fathers in Baghdad and covering it up. Azhar Abdullah Ali, 33, a father of three, was a security guard for the Iraqi Media Network when Blackwater mercenaries killed him and two others on Feb. 7, 2007, according to the federal complaint. The family of Rahim Khalaf Sa'adoon claims drunken Blackwater mercenary Andrew Moonen killed Sa'adoon on Christmas Eve, "for no reason," as Sa'adoon guarded the vice president of Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I must be out of the loop because I didn't know that Blackwater had changed it's name to XE.

This civil suit concerns the shooting of Rahim Khalaf Sa'adoon on Christmas eve in 2007, the court documents state that Sa'adoon was guarding the Iraqi vice President when he was shot and killed.

Here is a link to the pdf file of the civil complaint filed on Jun2 2009:

pdf

www.courthousenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Looks like more civil suits filed on Jun 2.

More War Crimes Claims Against Erik Prince

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (CN) - Families of seven more people who were killed, and 19 who were wounded in Blackwater's infamous Sept. 17, 2006 shootout in Baghdad's Nisoor Square have sued Blackwater, now known as Xe, its founder Erik Prince, and a Prince's network of mercenary companies, in Federal Court.

Civil suit pdf: pdf

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Good find! S&F

First! I think the hired mercenaries of Blackwater was a very big mistake of the last American administration, and I think they could be a future headache for this current administration.

These guys could do a great work as personal guards, but it was insane to hire a private company that could, and sometimes also did act as mercenary soldiers in Iraq.

Was the name change to XE just a PR stunt? and because the name Blackwater was so connected with the bad press after the murders and incidents?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Was the name change to XE just a PR stunt? and because the name Blackwater was so connected with the bad press after the murders and incidents?

More than likely the change was made because the name Blackwater was severely tainted by their activities in Iraq, to include the incidents listed above for which they are being sued.

Those pdf files are pretty interesting and I hope that once the suit goes forth, that most of what happens (testimony and evidence) is made available to the public.

I don't have a problem with security firms, I have a problem with a security firm who is protected from prosecution for crimes committed while contracted by our government.

ed:sp

[edit on 6/4/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hm, I wish this suprised me. But at this point... not so much. I didn't know Blackwater had changed their name either but it makes sense with all the bad publicity.

Why are they not held to the same standards as our military when employed by our gov?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImzadiDax
Why are they not held to the same standards as our military when employed by our gov?

They are used to circumvent those laws that pertain to the military, or in places that the laws forbid the use of our military.. IMO.

Otherwise, why would they be needed?

ed: finish sentence.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Did some searching on the issue of the name change, looks like it happened in Feb 2008, there's a video news report also on the left, at the link :

Blackwater still operating in Iraq under new name

Having changed its name to Xe, Blackwater security firm continues protecting U.S. diplomats in Iraq – despite lacking a license to operate.

The company has plans to stay there long into the summer – far longer than previously thought – leading ground operations in parts of Iraq.

U.S. State Department officials acknowledge the company is still there, while Xe has not made any comments about a timetable for leaving.

While there, I noticed this article on Xe/Blackwater and how Private contractors are replacing the troops in Iraq... video news report as well to the left of this article:

Private contractors replacing American troops in both wars

A report says that Iraq and Afghanistan are being left to mercenaries, as the number of private contractors in both countries has risen by over a quarter - all with the approval of the White House.

It has been revealed the number of private security contractors working for the U.S. war effort in Iraq and Afghanistan has greatly increased by up to 30% since President Obama came to office.

While troops are being pulled out, a Pentagon report says that the number of contractors working for the US Defense Department has increased dramatically.

I am not too familiar with this source RT, but I do find it strange that Xe/Blackwater has been mums the word on the major news networks...

Could this actually be going on?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

They are used to circumvent those laws that pertain to the military, or in places that the laws forbid the use of our military.. IMO.

Otherwise, why would they be needed?

ed: finish sentence.

Well so then the bigger question is... Why did our troops get ordered to do the 'torturing' if we (the military) had a way around it? See thats what I dont understand. Maybe I am just looking at it wrong.

Edit for baaaad spelling
[edit on 5-6-2009 by ImzadiDax]

[edit on 5-6-2009 by ImzadiDax]

new topics

top topics

join