It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land Of The Lost - MOVIE REVIEW ONLY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The Premise: Will Ferrell stars as has-been scientist Dr. Rick Marshall, sucked into one and spat back through time. Way back. Now, Marshall has no weapons, few skills and questionable smarts to survive in an alternate universe full of marauding dinosaurs and fantastic creatures from beyond our world--a place of spectacular sights and super-scaled comedy known as the Land of the Lost.

Sucked alongside him for the adventure are crack-smart research assistant Holly (Anna Friel) and a redneck survivalist (Danny McBride) named Will. Chased by a T-Rex and stalked by painfully slow reptiles known as Sleestaks, Marshall, Will and Holly must rely on their only ally--a primate called Chaka (Jorma Taccone)--to navigate out of the hybrid dimension. Escape from this routine expedition gone awry and they're heroes. Get stuck, and they'll be permanent refugees in the Land of the Lost.

The Review: This is suppose to be a parody of the 1974 TV Series of the same name. Honestly, I am not a Will Ferrell fan, nor have I ever been. I saw one movie with him in it, A Night At The Roxbury, and that pretty well summed up what he was going to be in any movie after that. I never really got into the Saturday Night Live cast that he was a part of either. To me, this is a silly movie. It does have a few scenes in it that are pretty funny, but unless you simply want to see the Special Effects on a movie screen, you're better off investing your movie money in General Motors Stock. Seriously, seeing it for Free was bad enough, I can't even fathom the guilt from the family budget to have actually paid for this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/317766866a69.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Better Chaka? Old Chaka? New Chaka? Chaka Kahn?

I was more excited that the old LOTL re-runs were running consecutively all Memorial Day on the Sci-Fi Channel. The movie looks ridiculous.

Peace

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
This movie looks "meh".

I admit, some scenes from the trailers make it seem like it's hilarious. But personally, I've had enough of seeing Will Ferrell's ass. Haha.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I mildly enjoyed the TV series as a child. I would have loved it if they took the plot seriously the original premise had lots of potential.

Ultimately when it comes out on Blue-Ray I may stop by the shelf to look at the case.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
thanks for the review

i also understand our commentary on the actor will ferrel. I have noticed from films he has been in that the outcome of the product largely resides in the director and their influence over will ferrel.

Will Ferrel is a very animated person i mean his audition tape for SNL was insane. Though in controlled situations he can produce an outstanding product. two films i can think of where he was reigned in and his talent shined through are Talladega nights and Elf. Just from the preview i could tell that will ferrel was running wild with no control from the director. without that he is like a loose cannon like robin williams. And just like robin williams he can do a good job under the right direction.

thanks for the review its too bad this movie went down in flames i liked the idea of ufos reptile people and dinos.

great now i got that moronic theme song stuck in my head!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
thanks for the review

i also understand our commentary on the actor will ferrel. I have noticed from films he has been in that the outcome of the product largely resides in the director and their influence over will ferrel.

Will Ferrel is a very animated person i mean his audition tape for SNL was insane. Though in controlled situations he can produce an outstanding product. two films i can think of where he was reigned in and his talent shined through are Talladega nights and Elf. Just from the preview i could tell that will ferrel was running wild with no control from the director. without that he is like a loose cannon like robin williams. And just like robin williams he can do a good job under the right direction.

thanks for the review its too bad this movie went down in flames i liked the idea of ufos reptile people and dinos.

great now i got that moronic theme song stuck in my head!

Talledaga nights and elf were great. He did one other movie where he was very very subdue in his performance and it was pretty good. It was the one where he is the main character in a book someone was writing and whatever the author wrote happened to him.

Can't remember the name of it though.

Everything else he has done sucked badly, I really don't see how he draws a big crowd. Then again I don't see how those Not another teen movie style movies keep making money.

top topics

join