It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A truly serious question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Now with 10% less trolling!

Ok...anyway I have pondered something for ages and was hesitant to post because it sounds ever-so-trollish but I promisse you it isn't.

The bible says homosexuality is an abomination. Although I disagree I understand the view (and no I don't need a lesson)

Now...my question is why does gay marriage bother Christians so much? It is my understanding that Christians should approach and explain what is wrong and then let someone go on their way and make their own bed to lie in. So what I am trying to figure out is why this bothers so many? Let's say today America wen't into equal rights mode and gay marriage was federally recognized. The next day, 400,000 gay marriages are set and performed. How does this harm a Christian?

Again..no offense intended...I am honestly curious because many that I have met seem personally offened or hurt by this

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's a irrelevant question.

It offends God period.

That's all we need to know. Since when do our little arrogant butts put ourselves above God?

He made everything.

peace.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

It's a irrelevant question.

It offends God period.

That's all we need to know. Since when do our little arrogant butts put ourselves above God?

He made everything.

peace.

It certainly is'nt an irrelevant question.
Why should it offend god ??
God allegedly created everyone so he also created people with gay tendencies.
Why would he do that if it was so bad??
Have you ever thought as well that gay people may have carried over past life memories where maybe they were a different sex??
I personally have no gay tendencies but friends I know that have are great , caring, funny people.
I thought part of christianity was to be tolerant and caring???

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Now with 10% less trolling!

Ok...anyway I have pondered something for ages and was hesitant to post because it sounds ever-so-trollish but I promisse you it isn't.

The bible says homosexuality is an abomination. Although I disagree I understand the view (and no I don't need a lesson)

Now...my question is why does gay marriage bother Christians so much? It is my understanding that Christians should approach and explain what is wrong and then let someone go on their way and make their own bed to lie in. So what I am trying to figure out is why this bothers so many? Let's say today America wen't into equal rights mode and gay marriage was federally recognized. The next day, 400,000 gay marriages are set and performed. How does this harm a Christian?

Again..no offense intended...I am honestly curious because many that I have met seem personally offened or hurt by this

Great question!

The problem with your question lies in the insight that led you to ask such a "foolish" question. You are either A. Even though you deny being one... you are a Troll... or B. You are seeking "The Truth" and have now been "outed". Too late for me..... so on I go.

These "Christians" whose actions puzzle you are in fact not "Christian/Followers of The Way".... they are "patriots" who use mumbo jumbo/religion as big magic and white wash for their true religion....... their "country/tribe/state/nation". The "gay" issue to the "state" is kind of like "racism" to pre-civil rights USA capitalism..... it is a propaganda plus for competing/enemy nations who also vehemently oppose "gay rights" as a way to "white wash" their nation state. Being able to incite the herd by invoking the name of a "God/etc" is big magic for the thugs who run these "nations/gangs". So..... for the "patriots(you call them Christians)" the "gay" issue is a big problem.

Now for the "followers of The Way"...... well..... you know the rest of the story. Our "Kingdom is not of this world"....... were just here to observe and learn.

Have a nice day!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Now...my question is why does gay marriage bother Christians so much?
People should have a problem with the state interfering with marriage in the first place.
A license for marriage was part of a eugenics program to keep blacks and whites from marrying. Blood tests were a phony way to say the blood of different races could not be mixed.
The whole idea that the government has anything to say in any marriage is a fraud. Caring what the government had to say on the issue is a mistake, in my opinion.
Smart people where there is no laws governing marriage had legal contracts that the courts can help enforce. Otherwise it is none of their business.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
JIT:

Because you think it is irrelevant does not make it so. It offends God and I can understand that but you are not God. I asked why it offends you. However I believe you are saying your answer is that it offends you because it offends him. If that is the case I nod and say thanks for the answer. I am actually looking for honest answers here. Next time however, if it is deemed so irrelevant, just pass it up.

uktoday:

Thanks alot. It seems clear that we agree on the situation but I am really wanting to figure some things out about motivation. I am studying to be a psychologist and have a great deal of interest in learning all about every set of morals, ethics and issues that arise. I think each sect has their own issues. Atheists at times can be bull headed and think they know all but then again isn't that every belief system?

KOGDOG:

Thanks for stopping in. First off, I am not a troll or acting as one here and I am completely 100% heterosexual. You cannot just define two possibilities and pass them as fact. I will say the same to you as I did with JIT. If it is deemed by you a foolish question, you need not answer.

However, I do find comfort in the answer after you took the liberty to call me names. Just here to observe. I like that. Thanks alot

jmdewey:

Thanks as well for the answer and also for not taking the low-road. Whether people think I am trolling or not is of no concern to me. I am a person in search of some answers and trust me when I say Christians aren't the only ones. I seek some things from Atheists and even my own spirituality and I will approach each belief system with the same interest. I think I can actually see a bit of what you mean when you say the government shouldn't interfere. On one hand I think gays should be able to marry but on the other hand I can see your view.

Thanks folks!

Looking forward to more

-Kyo

[edit on 4-6-2009 by KyoZero]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

The Bible also states that eating shellfish and shaving are abominations, but I don't see Christians getting worked up over those.

I support civil unions for everyone for property and spousal rights. Marriages would be rituals that are performed in churches and temples, but would not be legally binding. Civil unions would be, so everyone is happy.

That way, one goes to city hall for a civil union certificate, and to their church or place of worship for the marriage rites.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

On one hand I think gays should be able to marry but on the other hand I can see your view.
My earlier post was a simplified version on how I should stand on it, in general.
It is more complicated because lots of rules and laws have been created to favor people who submit to authority and take the license.
What we need to do is get rid of all the laws that put you at a disadvantage if you do what you want.
Like I said, the purpose of the system is for eugenics, so they do not want to concern themselves with people who are not producing children. So, just leave them out of the system so they can concentrate on their real targets.
All the government needs is laws that allow them to adopt out children to gay couples, regardless of being married or not.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is the stance of one Christian group...

[edit on 4-6-2009 by holywar]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

I'm definitely not Christian, so my answer is by what I observe from them. It can depend on what they are taught at their church, their parents, community, etc. Also, it can depend on how they interpret the bible, or most importantly, how they are told what is interpreted in the bible as "gods word". My opinion is that it isn't so much that "Christians" are offended by it, it's the people themselves. They personally find it revolting, and throw the bible, god and jesus in front of them and use it to hide what a narrow minded, nosy idiot they are. Without the bible, god and jesus to make your case against gay marriage, then you are simply a racist, pure and simple.

I have no idea why anyone would be upset about homosexuality or same gender marriage, it has nothing to do with them. Maybe the haters have the homosexual desires and they are acting out, who knows. Also, since Christians pretty much think everything that isn't Christian is the "devil", this would include other religions. They aren't going to open their voices like they are against let's say Muslims, because they don't want to get into a religious war. Since gays are much smaller, and wouldn't actually start bombing Christian churches on a large scale, they can vent all their frustration on them. Just my two honest Abes on it.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Offends god? How would you know? Got proof? lol It is very funny when people think they know what God thinks and believes. Let's say there is a God, and he created everything, then obviously he created gays, murderers, rapists, different religions, narrow minded fools, etc etc then how could that offend "him"? It offends you, just admit it, leave your god out of this.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

They aren't going to open their voices like they are against let's say Muslims, because they don't want to get into a religious war. Since gays are much smaller, and wouldn't actually start bombing Christian churches on a large scale, they can vent all their frustration on them.

This is a bit off topic..... but.... these so-called "Christians" have always waged war against Islam. There was a little thing called the "Crusades". Today the "Evangelical American Christians" along with "Ye Olde Holy Roman Empire" and the always pesky "Zionist Jews" decided that now is the time for "Crusades II". Strike Islam before they indeed do get their WMD's...... OK.... back on cruise control.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

Actually it wasn't off topic, I was making a somewhat sarcastic comparison. I am aware of the history thank you, and just so you know, the second crusades happened quite some time ago, in fact there were quite a bit many more.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by holywar

That clip is from the documentary "Knocking" and the man talking is gay, he produced this documentary.

www.joelengardio.com...

I find his perspective unique and a model for self respect between people that disagree on moral issues.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

First off, gays wouldn't be gays if not for hypersexuality or obsession toward sex. It's not from the Bible, I read it from a psychology article.

Just having too much lust in the mind is wrong. And I've had many unpleasant experiences with most gays I've known. I know they are funny and really fun to be with but when they like to touch you in places you don't want or basically take advantage of you sexually physically or verbally then something's already wrong about it.

I'm a pretty-looking man due to some of my feminine features, with nice figure, not boasting about it. But most real women I know aren't like gays that likes to touch you everywhere, they respect you more as person rather than sex object.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by KyoZero

Now...my question is why does gay marriage bother Christians so much?
People should have a problem with the state interfering with marriage in the first place.
A license for marriage was part of a eugenics program to keep blacks and whites from marrying. Blood tests were a phony way to say the blood of different races could not be mixed.
The whole idea that the government has anything to say in any marriage is a fraud. Caring what the government had to say on the issue is a mistake, in my opinion.
Smart people where there is no laws governing marriage had legal contracts that the courts can help enforce. Otherwise it is none of their business.

yesyesyes!!!!
thanks you!!! finally somebody else!!
star. star. star.
do a thread and say that so i can flag it then create new name over and over so it can then be flagged by them all.
star.
the whole idea of state having any say in marriage is absolutely presumptuous. PEriod!!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Then why did God create homosexuality?

EH?

Explain that.

Calling the Creator an idiot? Saying he makes mistakes?

How arrogant. How HUMAN.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Got a few to answer

Darth Lumina:

Thanks for jumping in. I do agree that some of it can come from what we are taught. I was taught alot when I was young. Don't do drugs, don't steal or hurt, and kiss girls (well when the age was right)

I've never felt an attraction towards a guy but my wife has an equal attraction towards both. She was raised by Christians and in a relatively normal town yet she has had a girlfriend before. I always where this came from in (as well as about a million other questions in psychology...one at a time :-)

Blue_Jay33: Thanks for the link. I have to get to work very soon so I will check it out once I am home and respond

ahnggk: Is there any chance you have a link or name for this article? In the times I have studied psychology I have yet to see something of this nature. According to alot of what I read and the research done, homosexuality has been seen as genetic, learned or hormonal.

www.psywww.com...

I think saying all gays are or come from hypersexuality is a bit bold.

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
ahnggk: Is there any chance you have a link or name for this article? In the times I have studied psychology I have yet to see something of this nature. According to alot of what I read and the research done, homosexuality has been seen as genetic, learned or hormonal.

I don't have the link anymore, but from what I remember, it's a new theory about homosexuality so it may not be mainstream knowledge yet.

From my personal experience though, I think there's a lot of truth in it. The most sexually aggressive people I've met or been with are gays. I'm still not generalizing, there are a few gays I know, that doesn't have enough urge to put their hands all over me.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Lumina
reply to post by KOGDOG

Actually it wasn't off topic, I was making a somewhat sarcastic comparison. I am aware of the history thank you, and just so you know, the second crusades happened quite some time ago, in fact there were quite a bit many more.

Hmmmmmmmm..... then why would you suggest these "Christians" only attack the "weak"??????????????? I find these "Christians" to be quite aggressive and could care less about attacking Muslims' or anyone else if they felt moved to do so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join