It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines Train "Civilians" to Accept Coming Military Rule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Marines Train "Civilians" to Accept Coming Military Rule

www.blacklistednews.com

On May 23, the Staten Island Real-Time News reported on “mock raids at the public park to give civilians a feel for how soldiers operate in battle.”

Or maybe that should be “mock raids” to give civilians a taste of things to come and, of course, get them acclimated to the presence of uniformed and armed soldiers in their midst.

It is interesting the Marines characterized Flushing Meadows Park as “enemy territory.” In fact, according to our rulers and their military functionaries, the entire United States is “enemy territory” in need of martial law.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I would be very wary of civilian involvement in any capacity in a military exercise.

The problem as I see it is one of becoming de-sensitized - booth on the civilian side and on the side of the troops.

People become used to soldiers barking orders at them.

troops become used to seeing civilians as "the enemy"

The result?

If it ever happened for real, too few people to stand up (on both sides) and say "hang on a minute"

COULD it happen?
Yes

WILL it happen?
That's what I'd like to discuss...

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I saw something similar to this on infowars. I don't think the civilians were actually "involved" in the exercise, were they? Weren't they just sitting on the side observing? I'm pretty sure the exercise was just part of a show, kind of like a military airshow. I don't really see anything nefarious here.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
We've been under martial law since the 80s.

War on drugs, war on cancer, war on crime, war on terror.

The phrase is used for a reason.

new topics

top topics

join