It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Always looking for answers outside yourself?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hello Tayesin,

I want to thank you for this post, and for your book. I read it about 3 months ago and I really liked it.

I think more people should read your book, and this thread also, because your message is important.

Have a great day!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Thanks for making this available for free, Tayesin! I'm just starting to read it, and here's some formatting critique:

Usually in books you don't have paragraph breaks, you just indent the first line of each paragraph. Paragraph breaks are normally just done if there's a real break in the story (e.g., inserting a flashback or some such).

Also, it would benefit your book hugely if you broke down the text into smaller paragraphs for easier reading. Whenever someone says something, for example, it should be in its own paragraph, i.e.:

"Could you pass me the salt?" Mom asked.
"Of course." I handed it over.
"So, how was your first day at school?"
I shrugged. "Nothing special."
etc.

(Check out some novels or spiritual non-fiction books and see how they do it).

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

S&F for putting out a much needed, straightforward and helpful thread.

ATS members like you are all the more needed in these swiftly changing times.

The thread is quite quiet, given the subject matter. This is probably a good thing, and as a Therapist, it immediately strikes me as having a very calm & genuine "Drop in Clinic", or Sanctuary feel to it.

I hope all who need to resonate with your message will find it.

Thank you for the link to your book. I will hopefully find the time to read it over the next few days. If your opening post is anything to go by, I will find much information with which I can personally relate.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Thank You Sylvie, I will look into that, although I do expect the structure to undergo some chages as thought necessary by an agent or prospective publisher.

Thanks also Maya, much appreciated.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Beautiful post. I could not put it better myself.

For me, I actually base my approach on Socrates motto "All I know is that I know nothing".

To explain my approach:

What is a prerequisite for knowing something? Not knowing something. To know, you must not know.

Now, since you must not know it, to know it, it means that you must heavily scrutinize what you "know". How can you say you know it? History has shown on countless occasions in science, spiritual belief, etc, that what was once believed can change over time. To dig further, even the foundations of what hasn't changed in the orthodoxy of ANYTHING, there is evidence and sound logical theories of the opposite. Furthermore, we do not know the extents of what there is to know! It's like a puzzle, and we have no picture of what it is supposed to look like, we do not know where the borders for the puzzle are, we don't even know how some pieces are connected. Hell, we haven't found all the pieces yet!

Terence Mckenna once said "When you believe in something, you take away a part of your freedom. Because you are almost more inclined to have preconceived notions for the opposite, regardless of the argument." Dogma, of all kinds, takes away our freedom. In the most subtlest ways, because beliefs control what is capable for future thoughts on matters. Dogma exists in religion, science, academia, society and culture. We live our lives anchored to dogmatic beliefs, and it disables us of being able to discern other truths of reality.

Lets face it, you can prove anything "true". What is "true" is a very dynamic force, from individual to individual. In my belief, we are all capable of discerning the absolute truth. And in a variety of ideas and philosophies, metaphysics and sciences, the people who discover an absolute truth discover this truth in on a first hand experience. Even regular people, if you SEE a UFO, you'll be a UFO believer. If Christ manifests in front of you and does a tap dance, you'll believe in Christ, and even possibly take up tap dancing lessons. If a Jew f-cks with you, you'll think all Jews are evil. Personal experiences generate absolute truths. That is the source of all preconceived truths.

Going off this, is shows that for anyone, who desires the absolute truth, needs to discover such on a personal experience. You can learn from teachers and preachers, scientists and spiritualists, they have ideas and beliefs. To follow them fully is folly. To believe in it at all is stupid. But to follow their truths and discern your own truths from their methods and branch of ideas from their own, learn a vast variety of truths and to look from WITHIN to find the absolute truth, you can find the absolute truth.

My absolute truth is used in two contexts in my belief. Above it is used to describe an individuals total belief system and what they consider true, and how they are discovered. Through my own discoveries, I've come to realize that esoteric practices, mindsets, discerning truths solely through your personal experiences, keeping an utterly open mind based on the fact that we don't know anything.

Through the esoteric approach, though, the puzzle becomes easier. You can seemingly recall the puzzles picture in your mind. You can use your senses, physical and mental, to fit things together and discover more. And I realized something; we are all one. Existence is created by fragments of One Entity, one giant interconnected field of energy. We are all apart of it still, but from our view not all fragments and connections are clear. But with looking within, you can begin to recall past fragments, and past connections.

This is my belief on knowledge and how to discern the absolute truth. And hey, it works for me.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Hi and Welcome,

Thank you also for the nice and precise way you put things across, as it affirms my current understanding too. Being "naked", standing clear and free from concepts, dogma and beliefs is the simplest way to discern your own truths. And eventually those truths will be the same truths others will find as they too paste their puzzle pieces together for the glimpse of the bigger picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join