It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coldplay - Predicting ww3 ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
you should listen to Nine Inch Nails' Year Zero, this album is loaded with predictions.

The Good Soldier talks about civil war in the US! The Warning is all about aliens and in the album art you can see faint depictions of greys.

Tool has been dropping hints as well with their songs: Faaip de Oiad featuring the (in)famous Area 51 caller, Lost Keys (blaim hoffman) is about someone being found somewhere after he got abducted, the following song Rosetta Stoned is the continuation to that, an account of the abductee to put in words what happened to him.

Boards of Canada has quite a few sumblimals to make people aware of things as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
A great song has different meanings for different people. Pop music and rap are garbage because the lyrics and music are one dimensional and appeal to the lowest common denominator (morons). You know, just like mainstream media news appeals to the same mindless idiots.

Coldplay's last album Viva...is probably the best album released in at least the last ten years. All the songs are great, my personal favorite being "Lost". It's nice to be entertained by music, but it's a bonus when a profound message is conveyed by the lyrics. People who do not understand and appreciate art will always seek to trivialize it.

The '80s had some of the most profound music of our time. Pretty much everything since then (with the exception of Coldplay, NIN, The Killers and a handful of others) has been total garbage. As with everything else going to hell on this planet, you can blame the corporate world for this. Profits over substance is the name of the game today. And people wonder why the USA is a cultural wasteland and getting worse.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Who is responsible for the lyrics?

Can you please cite the source, not the url, but the person who painstakingly put pen to paper and generated this text? I am not a Coldplay fan, but intellectual honesty is all we have....

[edit on 12-6-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Who is responsible for the lyrics?

Can you please cite the source, not the url, but the person who painstakingly put pen to paper and generated this text? I am not a Coldplay fan, but intellectual honesty is all we have....

[edit on 12-6-2009 by pluckynoonez]

sry i didnt understand...if you are asking who wrote the song its Chris Martin..else for the lyrics they are all over the web..the thing is it is a very sweet song with a cool sweet video but got very very strong lyrocs which caught my attention....dont you see the message like i do?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Also i wanted to point out that Chris Martin is somehow evolving into a political music artist like John Lennon used to be...why else in earth he would he publish such videos :

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I can appreciate Coldplay, but please do not compare Chris Martin to John Lennon! Just don't.

In keeping with the thread, I think everyone should take the lyrics for how they see them. No artist is going to predict the end of the world, just as no matter of conversation on these boards will.

I think we're getting to the point where more people are thinking "hey, this really might be the end of the world" and they're talking about it. A musician's way of talking about it involves putting it to song. Any hidden meaning in these songs (ANY song) are not prediction of the end of the world, just someone with a bit of musical talent and rhythm talking about it just as we are.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The coldplay song alone doesnt give sufficient evidence in itself. It could be referring to an emotional experience I mean as far as it goes with the metaphorical imagery there are other things going on in the world which might be referred to. In fact it could be a reference to the state of world affairs past and present. I dont think anyone can draw one conclusion and certainly not a definitive song talking about nuclear war.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I was drawn to this thread because:

1. I'm a "fan" of Coldplay's music
  2. In so being, I've delved a bit deeper into what their lyrics may be telling listeners
  3. I firmly believe that mainstream artists/entertainers are working in the same power pyramid as the rest of humanity, and those who are "enlightened" [or should I say "illuminated"] enough to succeed greatly in the industry are privy to the inner workings of said pyramid more than the average Joe
  4. I find the OP's premise to be worthy of consideration
  5. the video for "Life in Technicolor ii" shows the band as puppets

By the way, for you who clearly dislike the musicians, your input on this thread is negligible. Your disdain for the band, which in and of itself is acceptable, is clouding your poor attempts at discourse with childish emotion and reactionary posting. What would possibly convince you that artists are not capable of witnessing and commenting on the zeitgeist of our times? That's what artists so often DO. Disliking a band is fine, but add something besides petty insults to your commentary, or else save it for your own angry mind.

[edited for spelling errors]

[edit on 6.15.2009 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

Interesting suggestions. I was aware of NIN's latest, but have yet to get ahold of it.

Re: Boards of Canada...how so?

Regards.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsTheQuestion
I was drawn to this thread because:

1. I'm a "fan" of Coldplay's music
  2. In so being, I've delved a bit deeper into what their lyrics may be telling listeners
  3. I firmly believe that mainstream artists/entertainers are working in the same power pyramid as the rest of humanity, and those who are "enlightened" [or should I say "illuminated"] enough to succeed greatly in the industry are privy to the inner workings of said pyramid more than the average Joe
  4. I find the OP's premise to be worthy of consideration
  5. the video for "Life in Technicolor ii" shows the band as puppets

By the way, for you who clearly dislike the musicians, your input on this thread is negligible. Your disdain for the band, which in and of itself is acceptable, is clouding your poor attempts at discourse with childish emotion and reactionary posting. What would possibly convince you that artists are not capable of witnessing and commenting on the zeitgeist of our times? That's what artists so often DO. Disliking a band is fine, but add something besides petty insults to your commentary, or else save it for your own angry mind.

[edited for spelling errors]

[edit on 6.15.2009 by ItsTheQuestion]

oh man ur great...the puppet thing is amazing , it just fits perfectly
, didnt notice that...and i agree with you regarding the pyramid stuff..and that Chris Martin is somehow acting againt their wave..maybe is what John Lennon did and for what he got killed?....is Chris Martin revealing some plans of the higher part of the pyramind?

10q for you comments

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You decipher lyrics to what you want them to mean? Just because he mentions cold war and blinding lights, it doesn't mean there's a disaster coming.

If your getting scared by that, don't read lyrics by MUSE on songs about supermassive balckholes, shrinking universe, natural disaster, apocalypse and then going a tour called HAARP....you may just fill your pants!

I'm in a band myself and write alot of lyrics and you'll find whatever your writing and what your thiniing are two seperate things on paper, you can actually read your lyrics afterward and think that has nothing to do with what i was thinking, so to a third person you can make up what you like about the lyrics, the actual lyricist only knows what he was writing about....don't worry yourself man!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The artist can't predict wars. They only write music that they feel or enjoy to sing about.

So yes this song is about a nuke war. He describes the scene but it dosen't really say a nuke or anything but it describs bombs going off glowing the streets. I think we are just assuming he is talking about a nuke because of the brightness of the light when one goes off.I personally think this song is about war and introducing the effects on the next generations. If you saw the video it gives hints to what the song was about. It's about welcoming a new generation to a world where we still have war and they will suffer with it.

that's really about it. I don't think he is saying that their is a world war 3 coming just talking about todays problems currently.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Heineken,
soz bud i like music too but i think you are being a little delusional and portraying your own fears of life onto the music you listen too. You are what you see and think, but you are also so much more.
kx

[edit on 15-6-2009 by purplemer]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnytourettes

If I could star you more than once I would. I really enjoy their music and yes, they're big on the conspiracy theories! Makes for a fun listen.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
CP always seemed a bit gay. However the dancing politicians video is pretty nice. I do not believe musicians are prophets.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Try listening to "industructible" by Disturbed, and some of their other songs they def. have a message and it is quite literal.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I agree with the Vagina Whisperer (groingrinder), in that musicians aren't prophets. I don't believe anyone is except, I have met an entire village full of what seemed to be prophets.

In 2000, when my regiment was first kicking off I was stationed in a small village in South Africa about 40 miles outside of Pretoria, and a few Boers were giving the people some trouble, so we were there to protect them. When we first got there we were expecting to be greeted with happy, smiling people showering us with gifts, but when we arrived, no one was outside.

I thought I understood why, because the Boers were bothering these people so they were simply hiding to protect themselves. But when we came to the door of the Chiefs "palace", they all began to hiss in a strange way.

Then an old man and his wife i presume came out of their homes (they were next to the chiefs home) and called for me and two of my buddies over to them. So we did, and they just told me the creepiest thing, that still creeps me out.

They told us that the entire village had received a "gift" of knowledge the night before. They said that a strange rumbling began from all around them, followed by nothing. Then their fire burst everywhere, and then went out. Afterward the couple told us that once the fire went out they all saw the planes hitting the twin towers, and flashing images of generals, soldiers, and then bombings.

They warned us about 9/11, and told us "do not trust those who seem the most trustworthy".

The man and woman then told us to watch the worlds back in the next fifty years. I don't know why, but it really disturbed me more than anything else ever had.

Now, I don't think they were "prophets" cause that's all they told that was clear...but that was really weird especially the "do not trust those who seem the most trustworthy".

That quote is what got me into the idea that 9/11 was maybe an inside job.

This might've just been a coincidence you might say, or you might say "how dare you blame the lives of thousands on their own government!", but until something like this happens to you, you tend not to believe it.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

well jam some Slayer and u might be realy scared...or Napalm death,..Gwar is a good one too
dont get me wrong i know what u r saying but I think these musicians think just like me and you! just a by product of what we are spoon fed!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333

well jam some Slayer and u might be realy scared...or Napalm death,..Gwar is a good one too
dont get me wrong i know what u r saying but I think these musicians think just like me and you! just a by product of what we are spoon fed!

I think these musicians think just like me and you!??

do you really beleive we have the same friends network?..i dont think so

yes, i beleive they have access to some information different than ours...they are part of the elite

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
this sounds eerily familiar to another person who started a "family" preparing for a comming war.... Is this Charley Manson? Cmon charley we wont fall for your dirty tricks this time! lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join