It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Horror Movies of 2008.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
.Top 10 Horror Movies of 2008.

I found this 'Top 10 Horror Movies of 2008' list and figured Id see if you agree with it, I would have placed Cloverfield higher up then 10th since it is related to Revelations 9:11 and that makes me like it abit more..Apollyon, the beast from the bottomless pit.

10) CloverField
9) Pathology
8) The Lost
7) The Cottage
6) Borderland
5) End of the Line
4) Frontieres
3) Splinter
2) TEETH
1) Spiral

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I loved Teeth. It was such a departure from the typical horror stereotypes.

The whole concept, when I told it to my Grandmother, caused her to make quite a scene about decency and morals though. Was amusing.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I have only seen CloverField of the ones above..

If you like real gory movies, you should watch Blood Feast 1 and 2 ..

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Nah, I'm more into intellectual horror. Movies that make you think and actually scare you.

The occasional gore film is OK though.

That is why I liked Teeth. It was so different to the usual style of horror movie. If you don't know what it is about, get ready to have a giggle and read it's description on IMDB:

Synopsis

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Cloverfield didn't work for me, I just felt quite let down - I was really thinking it was going to be good, I just didn't care about any of the characters at all and although a great idea being from the perspective of someone there, it just felt to me like it was a cop-out to cover up the not so great special effects...

The Cottage was ok, kinda funny, but not really as good as it could've been....

Teeth was pretty cool, a bit different, but did remind me a lot of Rabid by David Cronenberg...

Frontiers was not too bad, but nothing that I've not seen before, essentially a French remake of Texas Chainsaw but with inbred Nazis, nice, slick production, good effects, but not too original...

Take a look at Mum & Dad if you get the chance, it's a really nasty British horror movie.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

pathology was so good
Intersting idea for a movie and the actors did their job perfectly
I watched it so many times now and never get tired of it

top topics

join